Call of Saregnar - New Trailer

The graphics are really dated. I could have played this 25 years ago, but not now.

Betrayal At Krondor anyone? Sure looked like that influence.

Yes, it definitely looks like a remastered edition of BaK.

The graphics are really dated. I could have played this 25 years ago, but not now.

Have to agree with you. I wouldn’tconsider myself a graphics snob and do enjoy the occasional dip into older titles like Divine Divinity or BG1-2. But the game/story has to be pretty special for me to overlook such dated visuals.

Dated graphics won't deter me from playing a good game, I'll be keeping an eye and ear out to see what folks think when it's fully released. And saying it looks like Betrayal at Krondor is a compliment of the highest order, imo.

The graphics don't bother me. I just wrapped up Avadon 3 last week; if I can survive the aesthetics of a Spiderweb Software game I can handle this, no sweat.

Can't really understand why some would opine that this looked dated.

Good art direction never gets outdated, no matter the number of pixels.

I don't mind the graphics, they have the old school charm to them. But I sure hope they make the UI and controls modern, that is my biggest problem with old games. Some modern QoL features like easy inventory management, tooltips on items and abilities (or an easy way to see their description, like a right click pop-up) are a must for me. For example, I'm playing Neverwinter Nights at the moment and the fact that status effects don't have timers on them is driving me crazy.

I don't mind the graphics, they have the old school charm to them. But I sure hope they make the UI and controls modern, that is my biggest problem with old games. Some modern QoL features like easy inventory management, tooltips on items and abilities (or an easy way to see their description, like a right click pop-up) are a must for me. For example, I'm playing Neverwinter Nights at the moment and the fact that status effects don't have timers on them is driving me crazy.

I remember I had to look up what a Flamberge and a Bardiche were in Might and Magic 1. Then, when you found magic weapons and armor in M&M, they would not give you stats.

Back
Top Bottom