Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Patch 1.0.1c

Had as well issues with Galaxy in past. Mostly updating and space requirement problems. Also was forced to re-download too many times. So although I really like GOG business policy and would like to support them, I ususally buy there only indie games and CD Project own production.

So, I did hit my first few turn-based battle bugs. The one where casting a spell doesn't actually happen.

Oh well, I'll keep playing slowly hoping for these to be fixed.
I'm going to probably also reduce the difficulty somewhat to even the odds :D

Ive noticed some significant AI bugs in turn based, though for all I know they could be in real time too. Enemies with spells and abilities that attack every one around them dont actually check to see if anyone is around them before using them. So often they will just sit there doing nothing for several turns wasting their spells. On much rarer occasions Ive seen enemies use attack spells on their allies instead of me too.

Ive noticed some of the other bugs too of abilities not going off and turns being wasted. Doesn’t happen enough to be a major problem, but it s still annoying.

Overall Im still enjoying the game a lot though. But would be very nice if they fixed all that stuff.

Ive noticed some significant AI bugs in turn based, though for all I know they could be in real time too. Enemies with spells and abilities that attack every one around them dont actually check to see if anyone is around them before using them. So often they will just sit there doing nothing for several turns wasting their spells. On much rarer occasions Ive seen enemies use attack spells on their allies instead of me too.

Ive noticed some of the other bugs too of abilities not going off and turns being wasted. Doesnâ€t happen enough to be a major problem, but it s still annoying.

Overall Im still enjoying the game a lot though. But would be very nice if they fixed all that stuff.
To be honest, I've attacked my own people once or twice or thrice too :D

So maybe the AI is more human than you think

This one drives me nuts. I also get stuck casting a healing spell and can't attack with that character (I can use other abilties on the quick bar). In a tough fight it's distinctly uncool to be forced to waste turns.

So naturally when I got to pick my first mythic feat I took the one that turns touch spells into close range spells. =P

Yeah, I'm taking it partly in hopes that it overrides the bug, which is pretty sad. But my character is also an Oracle and our main healer so it's a legit pick.

Yeah....

Some players have gone a step further. They find the battles during the crusade so annoying that they'd rather just remove them from the game altogether so they can focus on other elements. With these people in mind a mod called Combat Relief was created. It is quite extreme solution to the problem of endless fights. It automatically resolves all clashes in the game in favor of the player. It also removes random encounters with enemy armies. In two days since the mod was made available it has been downloaded over 3 thousand times.

Honestly, when I fought some gargoyles yesterdays, I wish I had such option. I think the battles lasted over 200 turns and perhaps 20 minutes or more real time. I didn't mind the long battle at the tavern since that one was very entertaining and challenging.... but that battle against the 27 gargoyles was just a very boring and repetitive clickfest.

Who can blame them many want to play an RPG not a TB tactics game. This is the same thing I do with Total War games as fighting to many battles gets boring quickly.

To be honest, I've attacked my own people once or twice or thrice too :D

So maybe the AI is more human than you think

Haha I’ve managed to catch myself in the edge of an AoE spell more than a few times. But I don’t think I’ve ever dropped a fireball in the middle of my own party instead of throwing at the enemy like I saw the AI do once.

Haha Iâ€ve managed to catch myself in the edge of an AoE spell more than a few times. But I donâ€t think Iâ€ve ever dropped a fireball in the middle of my own party instead of throwing at the enemy like I saw the AI do once.
I've inflicted wounds on one of my party once instead of the enemy who stood next to me.

I'm curious what is very broken with turn based….that's all I've played and it seems pretty good…

Same here … I'm still in the prologue, though …

I'd advise you to not choose auto crusade option because apprently you miss out on some content (intended, not bug)

The settings descriptions very clearly say that one could miss something important …
Who can blame them many want to play an RPG not a TB tactics game.

Yes, but who does RPGs these days anymore ? I mean, *true* RPGs with a good story and an immersive world ?

Fighting is imho so much overrated, but nobody notices that, because it's a game "by men for men", and fighting is supposed to be part of a man's world …

Last edited:
Honestly, when I fought some gargoyles yesterdays, I wish I had such option. I think the battles lasted over 200 turns and perhaps 20 minutes or more real time. I didn't mind the long battle at the tavern since that one was very entertaining and challenging…. but that battle against the 27 gargoyles was just a very boring and repetitive clickfest.
I cannot believe I'm reading this.
Did you by chance disable tutorial?

During the normal game, there is an ingame tip/hint that certain trashmobs are highly resistant to physical damage.
Did you think it will work differently in KB/HoMM minigames?

The map campaign offers you by default three recruitable units - melee clerics, physical archers and melee soldiers vulgaris.
Gives what?
You need a mage general as your first one.
And you picked what?
A damned paladin I bet.
Of course instead of 3-4 turns max, your battle lasted till doomsday.

In chapter 3 you'll pick a second general when the first one gets to skyhigh level ofc.
So hire a mage if you haven't already, it's not "too late".
Yes, but who does RPGs these days anymore ? I mean, *true* RPGs with a good story and an immersive world ?

Fighting is imho so much overrated, but nobody notices that, because it's a game "by men for men", and fighting is supposed to be part of a man's world …
WTF again Alrik?
Set the game difficulty on easiest possible and there you go, I bet the combat becomes trivial.

The story and substories are fantastic, not to mention choices.
For example every chaotic reply is full of humor - my plan was not to be a chaotic character but those dialogues are so awsome I just have to pick 'em.

Oh and you, when you'll make a mythical pick, choose Azata.
I went with it due to practical reasons and then…
Jesus Christ.
Some supercute critter is following you everywhere, the dragon companion is like someone dedicated their life to make the cutest dragon possible, areund your character some cute blue "fireflies" are circling and the worst of it, everything you touch in the game, and you will per quests, will blossom in most vibrant colors.
The whole thing looks like Care Bears style only in a fantasy setting, yuck.

Well, I didn't know what am I getting myself into, but too much of this cuteness makes me sick.
Now I wish I picked the lich path, but as I said, not sure if my own spells vs undead would hurt my companion in such case.
Okay, I'm exaggerating a bit, it was my choice not knowing what will happen and I could reload, but hell, no, I like to live with dialogue choices in the first playthrough.

It seems to me that what you are dreaming of, it's more an Adventure Game than a RPG. If anything, older cRPG (from the '80 & '90) had far less world-building and story than the more recent ones.

Yeah….

Honestly, when I fought some gargoyles yesterdays, I wish I had such option. I think the battles lasted over 200 turns and perhaps 20 minutes or more real time. I didn't mind the long battle at the tavern since that one was very entertaining and challenging…. but that battle against the 27 gargoyles was just a very boring and repetitive clickfest.
Yep, most likely I had the same battle just now, against ~25 Gargoyles. Really dull. However it didn't take me 20 minutes. Perhaps 5 minutes. I recruited all troops I could get before, so perhaps I hit a little harder.
Still that was too long because it was dull.

The map campaign offers you by default three recruitable units - melee clerics, physical archers and melee soldiers vulgaris.
Gives what?
And you picked what?
A damned paladin I bet.
I didn't have the option to recruit mages yet.
If that's the only problem with too long battles, then it is indeed none.

I cannot believe I'm reading this.
Did you by chance disable tutorial?

During the normal game, there is an ingame tip/hint that certain trashmobs are highly resistant to physical damage.
Did you think it will work differently in KB/HoMM minigames?

Gives what?
And you picked what?
A damned paladin I bet.

In chapter 3 you'll pick the second general when the first one gets to skyhigh level ofc.

:lol::lol:

It's basically "No, the system isn't broken. It's normal battle can last up to 300+ turns. You just haven't picked the *right* class for your general!"

:lol:

I didn't have the option to recruit mages yet.
If that's the only problem with too long battles, then it is indeed none.
Either savescum or wait till the next day when the game offers 4 of IIRC 12 different generals.
The best mage is the one that allows you 4 stacks of units (so you can have archers and rangers with clerics and soldiers vulgaris protecting them).
But other generals receive this skill too after a level or two, so don't be picky.
:lol::lol:

It's basically "No, the system isn't broken. It's normal battle can last up to 300+ turns. You just haven't picked the *right* class for your general!"

:lol:
Nothing is broken, you just didn't think or expect physical resistances in the minigame, not sure why.
You can recruit and use a new general - the previous one won't go away and will compliment mercs you'll be able to hire in chapter 3 (sorcerers for example).

When you don't expect spanish inquisition, well, I guess the cure is to set the game difficulty on easiest. Or ingame automatic mode.
Or mods that are basically cheats.

Yep, most likely I had the same battle just now, against ~25 Gargoyles. Really dull. However it didn't take me 20 minutes. Perhaps 5 minutes. I recruited all troops I could get before, so perhaps I hit a little harder.
Still that was too long because it was dull.

Yeah, I hadn't fought everything I could fight before. That didn't help.

I had three troops in my army : Ranger (7 I think), the default footmen (94) I started with, and the shield-men (15).

The 27 gargoyles first went after my ranger. I couldn't block them and they killed them easily. Then they started attacking my shield men. The two could barely hurt each other.... Fortunately, I had my footmen who were doing between 30-120 damages each rounds. 250 rounds later, the gargoyles were dead :p

I have no idea why Owlcats didn't offer varying difficlty option for army combat - I have certainly asked for this during beta testing.

The thing with crusade combat/management is, not only it was partially implemented during beta but the combat & morale mechanic kept changing during beta, we couldn't really test it out properly.

For example, don't pick trap abilities for your leader, I heard it doesn't work - because it was missing decription during beta, many of us never picked traps so they were practically not tested.

Back
Top Bottom