That Which Sleeps - Interview @ Cliqist

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Greg Micek of Cliqist interviewed King Dinosaur Games about their new game That Which Sleeps. As usual here is a small sample of the interview posted below.

Cliqist : On the Kickstarter page you mention King of Dragon Pass as a big influence on you. What about it had an impact? I’ll shamefully admit that I have a boxed copy of it, but have never played it. Time to crack it open?

KDG : KoDP is one of the first things I installed on my laptop and I have it for my iPad. Its just an incredibly immersive experience. The way the events string together to create a story, but also the game play elements sort of allow you to “role-play” out your characters in a number of different ways.

I love games that build narrative and yet still give you room to use your imagination, and KoDP was great at that. If you couldn’t tell by my gush-fest, yes play it.

Cliqist : You guys have crushed your original $12k funding goal, and are now over $50k. Are you suprised?

KDG : Yes and no. We know we have something really fun and unique based on the feedback we’ve gotten from fans and other developers. Our biggest concern was would backers be able to look past our graphics and assets to see what really cool stuff we had at the core of the game. Mostly they have and we get to use these funds to improve those visual elements.

We’ve also had some great media coverage that helped to get the word out to more people. We’ve been very active in some well known discussion forums as well, and the folks there can attest to how active & responsive we’re been during this whole process

Cliqist : There’s a lot of Kickstarter scams and unfulfilled promises out there. What kind of assurances can you offer backers that you guys can deliver?

KDG : It comes down to personal integrity and professional experience. We love our game, we love our backers, and no matter what we were dedicated to releasing something awesome. Now we just have an additional 3,000 or so folks that have preordered and around 300 of them that are going to be working with us directly during the Beta releases.
More information.

"That which sleeps" sounds like one of my lazy students :p
Well unless your lazy student is an ancient evil one I doubt it.;)

Though from my experience some of them are evil.:lol:

booboo said:
"That which sleeps" sounds like one of my lazy students

You are probably good teacher if there is only one of this kind. :)

Well unless your lazy student is an ancient evil one I doubt it.;)

Maybe ancient evil needs to learn about modern world in order to become clear and present evil. :)

Back
Top Bottom