Venetica - Release Date Update

I could perhaps imagine they might use the GamesCom for looking out for more international partners.

@GothicGothicness: The demo was highly un-optimized. There have been optimizations and patches ince then, including a small optimization program by a community member.

Venetica is imho one case of games seemingly prodduced for high-end PCs of almost-professional gamers, at least those who always have the latest stuff.

Nothing for the "normal folks".

I would say it is highly unoptimized and produced by people who are not so good at programming :D

If it looked like crysis and it ran badly that's one thing. But it looks like a game from 2007 but runs like a game from 2011 :p

It also had a lot of issues with characters putting there hand through other characters, and clipping and shadowing issues among other things.

It ran just fine on my medium range computer. I don't remember any bugs (there are always bugs, but the fact that I can't remember any means it's pretty polished). The English version, don't know about the German demo.

It's good for France.

Its out in France btw.

And I dont think I'll invest in the console versions.
Since its really buggy and has not been patched.
They dont seem to like encouraging there developers to Patch console games.

It also had a lot of issues with characters putting there hand through other characters, and clipping and shadowing issues among other things.

Well, my impression was that most of these things have been "ptched out" by now.

Unfortunately, fans want another patch, but there's no reaction from dtp - thus creating the impression as if dtp doesn't want to support another ( and maybe almost final ? ) patch.

I'll buy it anyway - when it's become more cheaper. I'm just interested in the story and the environment.

Which doesn't mean I'll play it anywhere soon, though.

Like Gothic 3.

There aren't many technical problems left. It's solid now.

You don't need a guide. It's not that complicated.

Anyone know if there are English subtitles or mod to add them, seems we may never see an English release, so I was thinking to buy the German version as I did with The Fall?

Thanks

The English version of the game has been released, but not in English speaking countries. The Dutch version that has been available for some time already, is the English version. It is available for both PC and XBox 360 versions.
I do however not know of a Dutch site that delivers outside of the BeNeLux.

Could someone please explain the crazy reason for NOT releasing the English version of the game to the ENGLISH speaking countries??!! This defies all reason!!!!

It's probably a publisher issue Corwin, plus they could be planning a patch if there are still bugs left.

Well if the Dutch won't sell us English voice there, if there is a English subtitle patch it won't matter we could buy the German version, right?

Could someone please explain the crazy reason for NOT releasing the English version of the game to the ENGLISH speaking countries??!! This defies all reason!!!!

They're either not looking for distributors or distributors arn't interested.
I dont see this game EVER releasing Officially in US or UK.

I'm confused by that too.

They have an English version, they ought to get it out.

Stupid distributors.

This illustrates very nicely what's imho not optimal in the game business industry.

Back
Top Bottom