Last game you finished, tell us about it

Clannfears are pretty nasty - but easily dealt with when you're stealthy with a bow ;)

Yep, and the school of illusions spells for invisibility and to get the baddies to fight each other is entertaining.

It's all pretty weak sauce though. Shivering Isles was more interesting than the Oblivion quests.

Yep, and the school of illusions spells for invisibility and to get the baddies to fight each other is entertaining.

It's all pretty weak sauce though. Shivering Isles was more interesting than the Oblivion quests.

I actually thought the DB quests were pretty good, and some of them quite entertaining and creative.

But the main quest.... not so much.

While working on getting Lands of Lore II to work I have been watching playthroughs of Lands of Lore 2 and 3. I thought the changes they did from EoB to LoL was troublesome but with 2 and 3 well... I guess I have watched the death of an era.

I do not have a great problem with LoL2 becoming a first person 3d game, but it's too bad the partybased games went from six to one. Still the story and the epic scale of LoL2 was enjoyable to watch and it's probably fun to play too. I just didn't like the direction of reducing the party and removing the stats that still seem to rule the market. Well, to be honest, the game was released in 97 which means that Black Isle kept it alive awhile longer.

LoL3... well, fun they payed so much homeage to LoL1 but I could tell the game was rushed. The 5th world must have been in the original design though which was a horrible end of westwoods fantasy games. I really enjoyed Legend of Kyrandia, at least one and two. LoL was great in it's own way, LoL2 too. LoL3... uhm. Some cool ideas like the familiar you drag with you but the overall product... meh.

Last game I finished was Call of Duty 2, last night. Ultimately... I was kinda disappointed in it. Compared to the original CoD campaign, and even UO's SP, it just seemed flat and dull; more a remix of previous levels.

The intensity and epicness of the first game was absent, and most weapons changes were... unwelcome. I did like what they did with the semi-auto rifles, but there was little reason to use them at all unless that was all you had.

Evil's Doom (Amiga, 1996)
This extremely rare Amiga-exclusive dungeon master clone had a troubled past. The original beta version was done but never published. Instead a "special edition" was planned, but this was never finished. The final edition of the game had bugs that made the game impossible to finish. Still, the beta have been floating around on the web since 1996 along with those dreadful bugs.

But then some fan begun working on it and managed to fix the bugs. The edition I have played is known as "1.8" from Mars 2010, which have the major bugs fixed and can thus be played until the ending.

More info:
http://hol.abime.net/3953
http://morphos.blog.com.es/2010/03/04/para-vitux-8117566

3953_screen5.png

3953_screen10.png

Story
Horrible killings have struck the peaceful and everyone is scared for the unknown attackers. Vantan, who looks exactly like Conan, is sitting alone in the wilderness when he gets a vision of Death himself in the sky. The skeletal face calls out to him; "come to the Lost Legions".
Back to civilization, Vantan study old books and find an old legend about "lost legions", as well as references to a ruin on the Island of Noya. When the game begin, Vantan and a travel friend, Bamboola, have just traveled to Noya. Now they are standing in the Town Pier of Titangel. First task is to find the ruins so a visit to the tavern is in order...

The story is delivered in cutscenes and dialog, often told by an old man, known as the Chronicler, who happen to be quite mad. The english is questionable but it can be forgiven considering it's age. They try really hard to make a deep and complex story and it's part funny, part exciting, part silly. The developers have a sense of humor but sometimes they go a bit too far. There are many open direct references to real-world stuff or other franchises. You see references to Silmarilis, Crom and Rome, there are also dialogues in polish. I also found a Nivea Creme which I believe was an easter egg. Also many of the supposed ancient or wise NPC's you meet behave and speak like teenagers...

Graphics & Sound
Art in Evil's Doom is great but diminished somewhat from it's technical limitations. The artist who worked on the project was really good, I have to give them that. Cutscenes have full color artwork with a great amount of colors even though it's not perfect.

Thanks to a technical issue though, there are problems which cause the artwork to suffer. The first edition of the game was probably made with the old Amiga 500 in mind. A500 was capable of displaying high resolution (640x512) but only in 16 color. Even if some textures and artwork were updated with 256 color graphics, the walls and monsters are still presented in grayscale, leaving a rather dull impression to me. The game also suffers from it's interlaced resolution which cause flicker and is corrupted in WinUAE. I found a workaround using a tool known as "ModePro" which forces a screen to open up in the resolution you define. However, this solution added some other wierd artifacts but at least it's was better than it's almost unplayable vanilla mode.

The sound is pretty good. You hear the monsters behind walls ofcourse and there are some really good music too. The SFX adds to the creepiness of the game. The sound effects for sharks was a bit silly though, they sound like lions on crack.

Gameplay
You begin the game in the overworld map where you can talk to people, recruit new characters, buy items and progress your quest. There are no monsters here, just dialogue and the ability to move between static areas. It's from these areas you can enter the dungeons.

As a dungeon master clone you spend most of the game in dungeons that you move through with the help of your NUMPAD 4-9 keys. Beneath the dungeon interface you have your four characters, their portraits, current health, stamina and mana, and their left and right hand. You strike or use spells by rightclicking equipped items and you move them around with the left button, just like any dungeon crawler. Rightclick a portrait and you get to see the inventory and the characters stats.

Fighters will ofcourse deal most of the damage and protect the rear row where you might want a pair of spellcasters. Utilityspells are used quite alot, especially your automap, magic light since most dungeons are pitch black dark, and a feast spell (that recover hunger/thirst) which makes me wonder why they even bothered about implementing food in the game.

Unfortunately I have to say that the game is a bit unbalanced. There are definitely "best items in the game" and you know when you find them. Some items simply have double or triple the stats compared to other similar items. Characters can be a bit unbalanced too, one character I used had double the amount of intelligence/wisdom compared to other characters but only 1/7 the health.

I did miss a way to strike from the keyboard or have an autoattack button. The main fighters right hand are far from eachother and moving back and forth between them felt encumbersome. I played most of the game with a mousepad which made it difficult to move back/forth fast enough.

There are other nuisances such as being forced to work all the back up from a 10 floor dungeon after reaching a cutscene in the end, you do not need to fight monsters again but couldn't they have just moved you back to the first level?

Conclusion
I tried the beta when it began to circulate back in the 90'ies and it's first now that I finally got back to complete it. There are many flaws with Evil's Doom, still I found the overall experience to be enjoyable. I enjoy Dungeon Master clones and I have played lesser ones than this game. Besides some problems with balance, it's sometimes silly story and an interface that could have needed some more polish, the only real issue I had was it's lack of color. If you decide to give it a go, prepare to give it some love first to be able to get something in return. If you enjoy Dungeon Master clones and already played the old classics, definitely have a go at this one.

Last edited:
Finished "Everlight" today.
It's a nice adventure game with some slight hints towards role-playing games ...

The worst problem is, that the game sometimes demands the solving of riddles in a certain order ... And the worst thing is, that the end is there ... in a sudden. Even no real "happy ending" - at least not in terms of the personal affairs of the protagonist. There *is* a "good ending", however, no matter, how small it might be.
But it is just too short. No longer end movie, so to say.

Just wanted to add that I regard this adventure game as mediocre - not bad, but the story is overall relatiovely weak, meanwhile the riddles are relatively good.

Its strongest moments has the game during the very last part of the game - the plot's height, - when finally there are several things revealed. The game has quite some surprise/plot twist moments, then.

But on the other hand there are still a few loose wires ... unanswered questions. These are which make the game - in my opinion - appear less good than it could be, because of the fact that I simply just can't stand unanswered questions. With me, every riddle must be solved, an question receive a definitive answer. For example, the small town has got a small cemetery - and neither protagonist nor player get an answer to of whom this unusually looking grave might belong to. This is never explained. Although there might be a very weak hint ... There are other lose wires like that, like a certain statue head - well, in principle there are even two. But one of both is even more looking as it it cries for an answer / an explanation, so to say.

In German school grades of 1 (best) to 6 (worst), I'd give the game a 3+ .

Clannfears are pretty nasty - but easily dealt with when you're stealthy with a bow ;)

100% true. A marksman after my own heart. I found Oblivion to be very like an FPS experience when your main attacks are with bow and arrow weapons.

Just finished the Shivering Isles-addon for Oblivion. My, this was fun. I love mushrooms. And clowns... just not in holes.

Uncharted 2
If you haven't played Uncharted yet, do so. Uncharted is one of the best games Playstation 3 have to offer and a must have if you have the console.
Uncharted blends the platform action of Tomb Raider with the "duck & cover" system in Gears of War. The story is inspired by movies like Romancing the Stone, a lighthearted adventure filled with action, romance, fun oneliners and excellent chemistry between the main characters. Uncharted 2 is ofcourse the sequel which means you are going to meet all the characters again and you can expect plenty of improvements to the already amazing engine.

Story
Sparing you spoilers... Given how absolutely awesome the story in Uncharted 1 was, I say that the story in part 2 wasn't as good but still ok. You will see most of the faces from the first game return for another adventure, this time a lost treasure found by Marco Polo is the goal, but it doesn't feel as much of a mystery. The first Uncharted had an excellent mix of characters and the sequel adds a few new, but if you ask me they aren't as deep and interesting as the characters from the first. Also, Sullivan is underused if you ask me.

Graphics, Engine & Sound
Uncharted 2 is the best PS3 have to offer. Granted, a modern PC might be able to give even better visual FX, but the amount of attention given to detail in Uncharted 2 is top notch. Such attention doesn't require a great machine, but it requires time and effort. There are plenty of improvements to the graphics quality which means that Uncharted 2 looks even better than the first one. What sets Uncharted apart for me is the animation, which feels close to Assassin's Creed in smoothness. In my opinion, the music isn't as good as Uncharted, but it still does it's trick.

The new levels looks great. I especially like the night sequence in the very beginning of the game and the few coming right after it. If you get that far, the train level seems to take place on a HUMONGOUS map. Pay attention to how the scenery changes. I thought it looked great.

Still, in the second half of the game I couldn't help feeling I was playing one of the recent Tomb Raider games. I can't put my finger on it. Of course, the charred ruins of Uncharted sometimes looked like Gears of War but that's because a burned out city looks like that. Uncharted felt different because you were chasing a down-to-earth kind of treasure in realistic ruins... not so in U2. In Uncharted 2 you have large temples with large machines and large statues. But that's not the only thing I felt was taken from TR. How about snowy mountains, yetis, wolves, and an indian guide? There were also a bit I felt to be inspired by Resident Evil 5... No, not horror, but one of the surprise areas felt a lot like one of the surprise areas in RE5.

Gameplay
The gameplay in Uncharted mixes the platform action of Tomb Raider with the "duck & cover" system in Gears of War. It blends theese two extraordinary well. In fact, I would go as far as to say that in ease of control and fun, U2 beats both. But it also beats it's prequel by removing many of the nuisances and stuff that actually was more frustrating than fun. First I am happy to say that most of the "tap this button that appears on screen to survive the cutsequence" is gone, I hate the buttonmashing sequences and hope that they are history now.

The "Tomb Raider" gameplay have been reduced. In the Tomb Raider-series and in Uncharted you could almost guess that the looong way around with alot of climbing and jumping around was the way to penetrate to the next area. U2 is more focused on action. This is fine by me. You can no longer climb ropes you hang on, at least what I saw, but you do not need to. You do not need to rotate your joypad stick to rotate in-game wheels. You don't need to use your motion sensitive controller to keep balance. It's much harder to fail the climbing/jumping sequences that are now extremely easy.

The "Duck & Cover" system is improved and easier to use. Easier in fact than every other similar game I played, including the first. This make cover much more convenient in U2 and you will use it all the time, but that doesn't mean you need to use it. Cover simply feels that it makes more sense than what you might be used to in other games. Less forced, more useful. Interestingly, there are fewer destroyable covers in U2 than in U1. U2 also adds more weapons but none that feels that new, except for maybe a scoped assault rifle (FAL). Grenades are much easier to use in the second game and thus far more useful. U2 also have a much greater emphasis on stealth. In fact, stealth is a very useful approach in the 2nd game, much more so than in the first. Unarmed is greatly improved, the combos are gone, now you just mash SQUARE for attack and TRIANGLE for countermove, and you cannot fail by simply mashing the button. That said about combat, it might be subjective but placements seem to make more sense in U2. There are no "army appearing out of nowhere". There are very few "conveniently placed fuel drums scattered all over the place to be shot by you".

In Uncharted, several of the levels was about driving and using a vehicle. The "you drive, I use the turret" or "you drive, I shoot" sequences aren't in the second game. Still, there are new challenges, including a long train sequence. Turrets are much less used now, most of the time it's the enemies who control them and you have to take them out.

Finally, checkpoints are much more friendly in this game. You aren't going to replay long if you die. This, and the friendlier cover system, makes U2 a lot more easier than it's prequel.

Final Conclusions
If you played Uncharted, chances are you already have this game. If you haven't, get it now. If you thought Uncharted was a nuisance, the second game might just be for you. There's really nothing in Uncharted 2 that would make me not recommend it, it's optimised to perfection. However, I think the game takes a step down in story, mystery, atmosphere and character building. This is unfortunate. Only a day after finishing the game I have already forgotten much of it's story, while I still remember Uncharted a few years later...

Just finished ME2. I REALLY LOVED IT. Officially my 2nd favourite game :D Felt like I was watching movie, except I get to make choices. God, I freaked out big time when I got on to the Collector ship for the 1st time.

But I thought romance was very shallow and NPC interactions weren't very deep either. I didn't really get attached to any NPC, although, I didn't dislike any of them. All in all, I've made right choices at suicide mission and no one died on me (except for Miranda, because I lost her loyalty during Jack/Miranda fight due to low paragon points). I don't think I am too keen on replaying this game though. Maybe I will try to be more bully and use renegade option next time.

I just finished Metro 2033.

It was definitely one of the better first-person shooters I've played in awhile, and the first time I really enjoyed a pure FPS from a Russian developer. It was developed by 4A Games, which was formed by people who split off from GSC Game World, the company that made S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Great post-apocalyptic story (based on the book of the same title by Dmitry Glukhovsky), great visuals, and excellent atmosphere. It's a very dark and foreboding game, similar in a way to F.E.A.R.

I definitely recommend it to FPS fans, but you need a high-end system to get the most out of it.

I just finished Icewind Dale II with the Party Mod from G3. I'd had the game for years, but had lost interest in it after a while of playing it. I found the story really convoluted. It seemed like they'd introduce a bad guy, you'd run the course of him, then actually no! There's another bad guy. Rinse and repeat three or four times. The first time I played it, I remember getting to the monastery and having no real idea of what the story was at that point. I felt like some cheesy actor saying "Now, what again is my motivation?"

The party banter from the mod definitely helped out and I enjoyed. Still, I never got so into it that I was rushing back to play. It was the only game I had installed though, so when I felt like playing a game, it was the one until I'd finished it.

I will say this, at least it had a little resolution at the end! I remember IWD basically being kill the bad guy, roll credits!

Just installed Ps:T (never played it before), but haven't made it out of the mortuary. Honestly, if I hadn't heard over and over how awesome the story is, I probably would have stopped playing it already, just doesn't seem to grab me.

Just downloaded the U6 Project too and got it running. I'll probably play through it and then go back to Ps:T. After that, I think Acarnum is the last of my 'classics' I have on the shelf to play (Have Seige of Avalon as well, but not sure if I'll play it). At that point I might need to see what I need to do to get my rig able to play Dragon Age.

Assassin's Creed II
Play an übercool assassin who beat up adultressing housbounds and chase feathers on italian rooftops during the renaissance.
A good example of how more can be less.

Story
First Assassin's Creed took place during the crusades, with the Assassin Altair. In the second game you play Vezio, an italian assassin in Florence during the renaissance. Of course, those who played the first game know that's not the real story, and the real story of course continues in the second game. In the beginning of the game you get to know the family of Vezio, an italian cassanova, who's life is just about to go really bad. Sparing too many spoilers, he end up as an assassin who continues the story of Altair from the first game.

The story is mostly presented in cutscenes and is fairly well written. Assassin's Creed is based on historical events. Most of the characters in game are real historical people, and if you look up what's known about them, they mostly tie well into the events of the of course fictional game. If you thought that the first game was a big mystery, the second game is even stranger, with some really trippy moments.

Graphics, Engine & Sound
Assassin's Creed was a beautiful game in almost every regard, but it's of course made for XBox 360 and it starts to show some age, especially when it comes to in-game faces.
Since the second game takes place in Italy, expect to see Florence and Venezia mapped out in full glory, including many special landmarks.

The voice acting is superior. I thought it was great that the first game had actual voices in german, french and great britain english, and since the second game takes place in italy you are going to hear a lot of italian.

Gameplay
I wanted to spend the bulk of this mini-review discussing my issues with the gameplay. Consider this; you have some of the must stunning in-game maps in history of gaming. You have animations that leaves most games behind. You have a really deeply investigated storyline with excellent voice actors. Then why make the in-game missions far too often feel like an MMORPG? New area reached, now collect 9 feathers, collect ~20 treasures, visit ~5 viewpoints. Then you can take missions like "beat up my adultress housbound" to earn money. AC2 is a definite improvement over AC1 in variation, and you do not actually need to take the silly bonusmissions, but still, someone need to fire the quest-maker and hire someone who can take the game seriously. These quests do not add anything to the game, they are just generic content that is out of place.

Furthermore I would like to discuss that there should be a limit to "achiements". Collecting 330 treasures and 100 feathers simply isn't the kind of achievements a game like this should have. It's just a huge timesink that takes no brain to develop, is mostly boring, but is forced upon you anyway if you wish a 100% completion. The game took maybe 5 times longer with that stuff added to it, and I think it actually made the game less fun in the end. That said, I did 100% completion.

AC2 adds some new features over AC1, but as far as I concern, nothing new stood out for me. You get a gun, eventually, but you already had throwing daggers so why having a gun? You have a flying stage, in which you take a flying machine over Venecia, but that was mostly frustrating and not fun.

The best feature was the ability to update a small hometown by renovating it. Renovate it and you get paid over time, money that is collected in a box for you. Unfortunate, there weren't much to do with the money. You can buy stuff in shops, like new weapons and armor, but you still get money so fast that even the most expensive items barely feels in the wallet. Still, the hometown/villa section was the most cool addition as far as I concern.

Conclusion
If you decide to play Assassin's Creed II, ignore the treasure hunt. It's not worth your lifetime. Also ignore the feathers. You can probably find the tiny cutscene you get if you find 100 feathers on youtube. It's not worth the time. Also ignore the sidequests, like races, beating up housbounds, yeah even the bonus assassin missions. They are not worth it. Follow this advice, and AC2 is a really fun game.

I just finished three of the Mass Effect 2 DLC's with my Insanity character.

Overlord was a great surprise. This is the best DLC I ever played from Bioware and frankly one of the best DLC's I ever played. Overlord is a four episode adventure that together is an uncommonly long experience for a DLC (about 2 hours). This is not just another planet assignment, this is well designed through and through. The levels are well designed with cool and unique features, some so new that you wouldn't be able to see them coming. Do not expect rehashed contet here. The atmosphere is superb and the story actually gave me wet eyes when the truth was finally revealed. At $7 I say this is worth both your money and your time.

Firewalker is a free download and in my opinion it's a pretty meaningless addition to the game, but at least it's free. The PC version had keymap settings for a vehicle but there were no vehicle in the game. Firewalker adds 5-6 missions exclusive for the Firewalker vehicle. Firewalker unlike the MAKO is a hovering vehicle with the capacity to jump short distances as well as mine. Mining requires you to find a yellow ring on the ground, then press the mine button when on top of it. This cause the firewalker to shake and you need to try to keep it within the circle for a few seconds. If sucessful you might get some resources or money. The final reward is a new item for Shepherds private room.

Kasumi is a new henchman. She is a master thief, and just like all other henchmen Kasumi comes with her own loyalty mission. I thought the whole loyalty mission was cool and well done, even if it's very short. Finishing it also gives you a new room on the Normandy for her and she can be used as a regular character from that on. She have an unusual ability that allow her to hide, then sneak up and backstab one of the enemies. I thought it was worth the price.

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
The prequel to Call of Juarez is a western first-person shooter that is faithful to the western era, provide som excellent graphics, story and voice acting, but comes short when it comes to the actual game.

Story
The story in CoJ:BiB is really well done, telling the tale of three brothers. The first act of the game is kinda a prologue in which two of them desert from the southern army, after which they become outlaws who begin to chase down the lost treasure known as "Call of Juarez". It would probably have been an easier ride, hadn't they both fallen in love with the same woman on the way. The third and youngest brother is a priest who continously try to save his brothers, but watches in despair as they get deeper and deeper into trouble.

The story is told through cutscenes, through artwork in loading sequences as well as through comments passed between the brothers while playing the game.

It's a weird experience to play Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood, if you already played it's prequel. You already know what's coming to the main characters of the game right in the beginning of CoJ.

Engine: Graphics & Sound
CoJ:BiB uses the Chrome Engine 4, which offers some really great looking forests which unlike many other engines includes actual wildlife. I never saw any spiders, but there are butterflies and birds flying around. This breathes some life into the regular empty forests in these kind of games. Besides that, the rest of the game look very good. This is mostly an up to date engine. Still I had no problems playing it at the highest setting.

The music is the expected western soundtrack most of the time, but I have to say that some of the combat music felt out of place since it sounds more "modern".

I have to mention the voice acting which I found really good. You can hear the southern accents in each of the main characters. Ray really sound like the disgruntled brute he is and William definitely sound like the young and troubled priest. The rest of the main characters also have pretty good voices. Some of the time passing comments by enemies and the brothers however was out of place.

Gameplay
Gameplay is the part that brings the game down, but lets begin with the basics and the good stuff. This is a first person shooter that really try hard to be deeper than regular shooters. First of all there's an equipment system. You can upgrade each of your weapons, either by looting foes or by purchasing updated weapons in shops. The revolver is effective in short range, the rifle in long range and you also have other weapons like dynamite, throwing knives and a bow. Rifles and revolvers comes in different types, usually with some power and weakness, such as high power but slow reload or slow rate of fire, or high ammunition but weak power etc.

I personally fell for the Ranger revolver which usually oneshotted foes at short range but took awhile to reload. I also used a heavy scoped rifle that only had one shot ammunition but usually took down whatever I hit with it. So I used the rifle most of the time, but when something came close I swapped to revolver and had 6 tries to take a foe down at close range. So you basically pick a weapon layout that fits your playstyle. Throughout the game you get better and better quality items as well, so you go from a rusty ranger to a superior prime ranger (golden).

In most of the levels you can pick who of the two outlaw brothers you wish to play, Thomas or Ray. I used Thomas everytime I could. He's better at using the sniper rifle, he's also the one climbing stuff and he can use a lasso which is used for climbing. I think he's more into silent weapons as well but I never used those. Ray is more about using one revolver in both hands and firing as many bullets as possible. He can also use explosives.

The game isn't only about trying to earn headshots though. There are some elements like bullettime concentration that allows you to shoot many bullets in a short moment. Many of the times you have coop concentration, where the two brothers stand one each side of a door, kick it in, then take out as many of the foes inside as possible. Then there are duels. Duels are fairly well done. You need to move to make sure you have your opponent in sight. You move your hand with the mouse and you must try to keep your hand close to your revolver all the time, but cannot move it too close. When a bell rings you must quickly draw it close, then click to shoot. If you had your foe in the middle, and your hand was close enough and your shot right, you might win the duel.

Beyond this there are the traditional turret sequences in which you get infinite ammo and try to take out incoming foes, and there are also some riding sequences. Luckily the horses are easier to control in BiB than in CoJ.

So what's the beef? Well, the major issue I had with the game was the Artificial Intelligence. It's really bad. Most of the time you can shoot down foes that doesn't even react. Especially with a sniperrifle. Many times I could zoom in and actually see the spawning point, meaning I could just shoot down the foes every time they appeared. This definitely took away some of the fun of the game, seeing enemies stop and run right into an obstacle and just keep running, or come out from hiding to shoot you with revolver even if you stand at sniper distance, or even worse, seeing them taking cover behind an invisible wall, where you can just shoot them since they are right out in the open. This ofcourse also made the game extremely easy.

I guess there's also the traditional issue of the game being too linear. Most of the time you just follow a star-icon on the screen to your next objective. But there are some free roaming areas that could have been better if they provided more of the story and not simple sidemissions to earn more cash.

Besides that I had problems using the lasso. It could have been more optimized. I died many times trying to get it working.

Secrets, Treasures, Unlockables
CoJ:BiB provide secrets in the form of rolled up parchments hidden in each map. Each parchment gives you either a photograph or a "memory" in which you hear the brothers doing a small (usually funny) chat with eachother. I do not really think this added too much to the game.

Final Conclusions
CoJ:BiB is one of few and one of the best western games out there. I guess Red Dead Redemption have the top position, but CoJ:BiB probably comes second. It does everything right, except for artificial intelligence, which is actually so major that it might actually ruin your immersion. Also I do not think it was a right decision to make this prequel to Call of Juarez, considering what happens in that game. CoJ:BiB have a very good plot, but if you play CoJ afterwards it will destroy the whole thing. It's uncommon to see a bad sequel that was made before the prequel! Actually, CoJ isn't bad when it stands on it's own, but... well, I cannot explain it unless I give you spoilers.

Back
Top Bottom