Soul of War - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The adventure RPG Soul of War has been released:

Soul of War

Soul of War is an adventure role playing module inspired by the fantasy role-playing game Dungeons & Dragons. A classic RPG inspired by the famous Greyhawk adventure and using the D&D 3.5 ruleset

Features:
  • Parties of up to 6 adventurers
  • Tons of different monsters, feats, spells and magical items
  • Buy land and build your very own village
  • A multitude of quests to partake in
  • Character and Npc voice sets
  • Massive world to explore, with dozens of hamlets, villages and dungeons
  • this game offers multiclassing (Yes Fighter\Wizard)
Ranger Gameplay:

More information.

You have this one yet, X? Looks pretty decent from the vid.

No, I haven't bought it, yet. This indie-game looks interesting.

Yep, may pick it up when I get home. For the price of a large Big Mac Meal, I can get a game. Even if it sucks, I'll probably get quite a bit of enjoyment from just rolling characters. I don't even have to play the game :)

P.S. I miss large Big Mac Meals. Diabetics really shouldn't order 3 pieces of white bread and 8 ounces of fried potatoes....

^ ^ ^
At least for now. I bought it to give a looksee. The game isn't full screen. It plays at low resolution with almost half my desktop an annoying background. Other than that, it seems like a basic D&D module starting with one character. I chose an Aasimir sorcerer for the moment, just to see if he can live through a fight.

Okay, you pick up a 2nd toon pretty soon and the combat is pretty typical of AD&D. It doesn't really grab me, but it's not bad either. If you like the skill growth of this system, it looks to be there.

Last edited:
If it goes to Steam or Gog, I would consider buying it.

Any they fix that resolution problem. Thanks for the info.

If it was on Steam or GoG and had fullscreen I would have bought it yesterday. I will wait for now.

This game appeals to me.

So I googled it and it is available on itch.io, along with another game I've never heard of called Crelabeth: Unholy Lands, both of which are by Fishdog Games.

Soul of War uses 3.5ed while Crelabeth used D20.

If my time wasn't already taken by my ToEE playthrough I'd give one of these a try immediately. I might buy them soon though as they are both on a good offer atm.

I dunno though, I don't want to be suckered into them by their promise rather than their reality as they both suggest many hours of gameplay and I'm not the kind of person who tolerates being a play-tester who has to pay for that ordeal, so any kind of hints as to overall quality of either game would certainly speed up my thoughts.

Looks like BG1.

This is not one of those Ellis production games, is it?

This is actually possible. I haven't played long enough to get a feel for that though, @SpoonFULL;

If I wasn't working ungodly hours, thanks to Covid-19, I'd look deeper into it. If @Ripper; wants to look into it, I could gift him a copy :biggrin:

I definitely think it could very well be our old friends with many aliases. Too bad as I was interested for a split second. I'll wait to hear some impressions.

Maybe Ripper is Ellis :smartass:

:lol: That would certainly be an interesting marketing strategy: Expose your own product as a scam / fraud just to get people talking about it.

But think about it:
He was always so quick to identify the scam AND the scammer (almost suspiciously quick), he left the site a short time after someone said he maybe was Ellis, but just posted yesterday (coincidentally with this news)…
Ah, and also: didn't he left because he said he was working on a video-game?

PS: I don't actually believe that Ripper is Ellis :p

But think about it:
He was always so quick to identify the scam AND the scammer (almost suspiciously quick), he left the site a short time after someone said he maybe was Ellis, but just posted yesterday (coincidentally with this news)…
Ah, and also: didn't he left because he said he was working on a video-game?

PS: I don't actually believe that Ripper is Ellis :p

Wait, but did Ripper seriously say he was working on a game?

Wait, but did Ripper seriously say he was working on a game?
I don't really know, I read some posts around here that talked about it.

I hope that's the case, that would be cool. Ripper has an elegant and fun writting style.

Back
Top Bottom