C2077 Is it playable?

Cyberpunk 2077
A Microsoft worker, nice :) I get all that you discuss above (see my reply about the moronity of trying to avoid the latest OS version) but am wondering one thing: why are all commercial OS developers forcing online identification? I.e. why am I asked to sign in to Microsoft account (or One Cloud or whatever) every time the OS updates itself? You can probably identify people using the OS keys anyway. Why spam the user all the time? I would prefer the "don't show me this again" option. I don't remember if I have an MS account, and don't want to have it either. If I do, my password is probably a joke, and someone could break into my computer because of it (?) - I just don't want to care about all those superfluous user accounts corporations can use to trace me. A strong local password would be much better.

This is optional for individuals. 365 is a huge workload off of network IT hardware requirements, because it means no more exchange server and administration, backups, AD administrators, security management. Teams is also a big part of it, because for decades environments have been using some form of instant messaging which is all contact and local individual base, when it should be Team based, with all Teams having their own security settings. Not to mention dealing with AV conference issues is a breeze with Teams meetings supporting well over 200 people without any hardware and/or telco upgrades. In a business environment, you WANT to be tracked. You WANT things saved (and backed up), especially if your dealing with ANYTHING client related. This spills over into being an individual user to simple things. Recover lost documents. Have settings and history and emails all there when you login to a new machine with no overhead work from IT. As for Windows keys, you can't really track them well. They can be used for multiple machines at once (even though MS doesn't mention that, but they also turn the other way because you're still essentially using MS). And for OEMs for Win 8 and up, the keys are baked into the mainboard BIOS. MS only communicates with it on activation.

However if it's asking you to sign in to an MS account to do updates, then you either have else something installed (like Office 365), or this is new on the Home version. On Win 10 Pro, using OneDrive or attaching your MS account to your OS login is completely optional.

As for insecure passwords, this is another thing that Microsoft is trying to push to make things much easier (depending on your viewpoint). The usual business security standard was changing your password every three months, but this ends up being less secure because human tend to like the path of least resistance. It's much better to pick one GOOD password and remember that one only, unless there's been a breach of some sort. People end up choosing really poor passwords because they have to remember it and change it soon, so it ends up being like this:

Month 3: Passw0rd!1
Month 6: Passw0rd!2
etc...

Where as if you ask people to choose something simpler like a passphrase, that can produce virtual image cards for it on your head:

@BoobsCandyDogSpace42

It's exponentially harder to crack, but still much easier to remember than:

P@55w0rd378

:lol:

Ya this totally derailed…

Yup :p I would say yes, it is playable. If you can wait, though, it would not hurt. There are silly bugs everywhere. Waiting might be difficult, however, as at least to me this is the most enjoyable game for a long time.

12 hours played and I'll take a break now to let them fix the game.

What's really bothering me is whatever settings I pick the game still only uses about 50% GPU and CPU. Loads of RAM and VRAM spare, too.

Like, I don't even really need a new PC for this game. I just need the game to be properly optimised.

I'm actually pretty disappointed with it. It's really not that good. :(

If you use AMD you can un-cripple the games CPU.

Link - https://wccftech.com/cyberpunk-2077-performance-mod-smt/
Created by ‘Yamashi’, this new modification fixes several performance-related issues, the most important one being related to Simultaneous multithreading usage on AMD CPUs. According to ‘Yamashi’, users who are GPU-bound will not see a performance increase in their average FPS, but there should be fewer FPS drops.

I'm still on an old Intel. That's good to know, though, cos I've been thinking about grabbing a new AMD. Thanks for the heads up.

What's really bothering me is whatever settings I pick the game still only uses about 50% GPU and CPU. Loads of RAM and VRAM spare, too.

Like, I don't even really need a new PC for this game. I just need the game to be properly optimised.

I'm actually pretty disappointed with it. It's really not that good. :(

Check this out. It might fix it for you, but I haven't tried myself as I don't own CP77 yet. :)

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/get-a-23-percent-performance-boost-in-cyberpunk-2077-on-amd-cpus/

The itemization is terrible in this game. CDPR obviously didn't learn any lessons from TW3. I think it's even worse here. There's way too much loot everywhere, and it's no challenge whatsoever to acquire tons of weapons and ammo.

Also, the loot on enemies is too random and doesn't make sense a lot of the time. I take out a guard and he has 4 frag grenades on him. Then, the next guard has a coffee maker. No, that's not a joke, it actually happened to me.

I think I've also experienced a bug where I'm getting more stuff than I should. For example, I'll check my inventory and see that I suddenly have 11 flashbangs when I know I haven't picked up that many.

Loot systems have never been a strong point for CDPR, but it's sad that they don't seem to be getting better at them.

The itemization is terrible in this game.

I agree but you forgot the dildos everywhere :D

The good side of the loot system is that every enemy actually drops a gun so it doesn't magically disappear somewhere as in most games.

The itemization is terrible in this game. CDPR obviously didn't learn any lessons from TW3. I think it's even worse here. There's way too much loot everywhere, and it's no challenge whatsoever to acquire tons of weapons and ammo.

Loot systems have never been a strong point for CDPR, but it's sad that they don't seem to be getting better at them.
How about no.
Use the crafting route.

When you hit the overburden state:
1. Keep only the best items on you, the rest of them sell till you get two perks in the next step, but always store equipment with purple or gold mods in your apartment
2. Make sure to unlock same quality while disassembling and automatic junk dissasembling perks as soon as posible
3. Continue selling white and green equipment but destroy others for parts
4. Remember step #1 purple/gold mods on equipment you stored? Well, you'll disassemble those when you get the perk that allows you keeping those mods.

Stop hoarding. This is not Skyrim.

On a question isn't it better to sell then buy mats, maybe it is, I don't know. But your craftsmanship levels up not only on crafting new weapons but also on disassembling.

You say ammo? What ammo? I'm melee most of the time.
Grenades? I have yet to use any. Those can't help when I'm stealthing a mission.

In other words I had no gripes with TW3 loot, and I don't have any here either.
Why? Because I want something different from cliches in RPGs and I got it.
Adapt to it if you can, if you can't the problem is not with the game.
reducing crowd density gets me 10-20 fps depending on the scene
This has no effect on my performance. Could help xbox users though…
However, seems that it's not applied on vehicles, but vehicles use the minimum setting. I see many cars on a street in distance, but they vanish when I get closer. Check yourself in badlands where you can see distant streets (daytime).
every enemy actually drops a gun so it doesn't magically disappear somewhere as in most games.
No. Some drop melee weapons, some drop parts and grenades only (robots), some drop nothing as they didn't have a weapon but would use fists or mantis blades.
But in general this is true, weapons don't disappear magically.

Last edited:
I don't hoard, far from it. I leave far more ammo and healing items laying where I find them than most people probably do.

Sure, we can just ignore certain things and pretend the itemization isn't subpar, but I'd rather it not be subpar. ;)

I took the perk that auto-scraps junk, so at least I don't have to worry about managing that anymore.

The problem with crafting is that I keep finding weapons that are way better than I can make, or at least as good, so I'm pretty much only using the upgrading part of the mechanics.

I took the perk that auto-scraps junk, so at least I don't have to worry about managing that anymore.

The problem with crafting is that I keep finding weapons that are way better than I can make, or at least as good, so I'm pretty much only using the upgrading part of the mechanics.
Once you reach a certain Lv with crafting your allowed to make Legendary items. I found some of the clothes and guns the best in the game. Just takes a lot of patience.

Last edited:
I have to say from a frame-rate perspective I am very impressed, my old machine has handled it like a dream, all on ultra except ray-tracing. It has a GTX 1080....

I have to say from a frame-rate perspective I am very impressed, my old machine has handled it like a dream, all on ultra except ray-tracing. It has a GTX 1080....

Yeah, I've been impressed with the performance. It's very consistent even with a lot of action onscreen. I have the same GPU, and I'm running with everything on Ultra except motion blur which I prefer to be off. No Ray-tracing obviously.

I've got a 1080Ti and did the memory tweak linked earlier, it runs smooth even with a lot going on.

Assuming technical specs aren't an issue for you, "playable" is based on your tolerance for bugs. It's definitely in that "could have baked for a few more months" range, so if you're capable of waiting it will only enhance the upcoming experience. If not, the game is still playable from beginning to end, albeit with some reloads (save often.)

Back
Top Bottom