(some kind of) Life after Death?

modern science is dismissive about so many things that ancient people knew.

@Corwin; Thank you for your service.

Twice a year? Those don't sound like real JW. ;)

The ones that used to be in this area were a lot more persistent than that. We used to get them almost every Saturday.

I think you just proved that you are way nicer in person than you are on this forum.
:highfive:

Okay, I guess I'm a little mean but when I get any Mormon's or Jehovah Witness folks I act like they're here early for the orgy and invite them in for a quickie ;) They really don't stay after that but I have been called apostate a number of times come to think of it.

I don't really know about life after death. I was raised in the Church of Christ and I like those people, but I've never been able to buy into the idea of the afterlife. Heaven just seems like something tacked on to make people want to follow the billion rules that are found in the "good" book. However, I love acapella music, so there was some good from that upbringing!

Last edited:
I tell them I worship Thor the God of Thunder (done that twice) and have no interest in their heathen god.

I think you just proved that you are way nicer in person than you are on this forum.
:highfive:

Well, I usually wasn't the one who answered the door.

You'd be surprised how resilient those people were though. My father started getting pretty rude after awhile, but they still kept stopping by. Maybe they were masochists.

Well, I usually wasn't the one who answered the door.

You'd be surprised how resilient those people were though. My father started getting pretty rude after awhile, but they still kept stopping by. Maybe they were masochists.
Maybe for them it's like the big boss they need to overcome to get to the next level ;)

The more nasty the individual is, simply might inspire the callers that they need their "services" even more. Or something like that!

In a way you are correct. They are taught that when they are abused, or insulted, it gets them 'extra credit' or more blessings in Heaven. Therefore, always be extra polite to them!! :)

If I understood it correctly, then the term "Jehova" is an incorrect translation of the "name" of the Jewish, Christian and Muslim god (in the end, it's the same one for all of these 3 religions).

Regarding the topic : I personally believe that we are - at least in part - simply "Energy". And this kind of energy can flow elsewhere.

After my father had died in January, I could still "sense" him. It was like … his "energy" was still there, where he had died, and lingered on.
I had a imilar thing with my grandmother who had died in 2013 . When I was looking at her dead body later (before the funeral), I could kind of "sense" her, still - but not in his dead body. It was empty.

I personally believe that people consist of "energy", and that it is possible to sense it, sometimes.

Maybe just my antennas are so delicate, I'm one of the group of people called "highly sensitive persons" (HSPs), the Wikipedia artoicle now calls this merely "sensory processing sensitivity".

However, I believe that this "energy" can be felt. It's like a flow of warmth flowing between two lovers, for example. I once noticed that when I was sitting in a bus behind them.

When I learned about Reiki, it was to me like "giving the phenomenon finally a name". I've been wandering off this road since then, but still I believe that what I had been able to feel, to sense, was some kind of "energy" which every living thing has.
Which is why walking through a wood is so refreshing, apart from the sensory inpurt (the smell of a wood after a summer rain is just fantastic !) : It is like walking through a "field" of life energy".

As you can see at least by now, my belief system has been kind of distorted by esoteric beliefs.

The hardest thing was, to have to put a bridge between my scientific belief ( I still regard myelf as a "trained scientist", although my university rtime is so long ago - but it taught me a LOT about scientific approaches ! ) and what i had been sensing.
My bridge consisted of believing in the empirical approach : Scientific research always begins with "what we see and measure". The inventors of science as we know it - the ancient philosophers - deduced scientific "ruules" by just watching their environment.
And I still believe that "watching & measuring" is the bottom of science ittself. ALL that we have of scientific theories is just based on measures and on watching. Or, rather, vice versa. Astronomy, for example.

Hence my personal bridge betwen science and what i sense myself consists of the hypothesis that what i sense must have a reason why my sensors sense anything at all.

This is following the approach of Konrad Lorenz, who had been writing in his book "the back side of the mirror" that - in short - our sensory organs reflect nature and Reality that is around us in an attempt to let the organism - which has these sensory organs - effectively live within this environment and not die for a long time.

There is still doubt, whether what I sense is actually not an illusion, but then, there needs to be a scuientific approach to falsify or prove what I sense. By, for example, colect as many people as possible who are able - or clauim to - sense in the same way as I do, and try to find out "how they do it", maybe on a cell basis.

But even then - evolution has made us so complex that even nowadays, scientists discover a new thing about the human being once in a while.
And not to forget genetic variation.
And illnesses which might distort the processing of sensory input in our brains.

But - what actually "happens" with this energy which we imho are, after death, that's a pure riddle to me.

Back
Top Bottom