Diablo 3 - Petition for Offline Single-Player

I didn't sign the petition. Not because I don't agree with it, because i do wholeheartedly. Not because I think it's not going to work anyways, because it won't. I didn't sign simply because I think they asked for far too much information. I have no idea where that info will end up. I have no problem putting my name address & email online. I just like to know what they are going to do with it when they get it. All others tell me. this petition doesn't.

Yeah, I was talking about the RMAH in terms of their future plans. Basically, I'm upset with the idea that Blizzard is placing a higher priority on the item economy than on whether their players are having fun playing the game.

Items -> Real Money Auction House ?

Could it be that they have put so much emphasis on the "items economy" because it would implicitely mean Real Money For Blizzard ?

I wonder.

Diablo saved the RPG in 1997.

Now Blizzard is the devil.

No, Blizzard didn't save the RPG in 1997.

It was Black Isle that did.

Or so people say.

And - Blizzard rather invented a new sub-genre, that rather than "saving the whole genre".

They invented the Fast Food version of an RPG rather than saving the French Cuisine.

I was speaking in a figuratively sense. ;)

Action RPGs are not my main RPG interest - I'm an Ultima, Gothic/Risen kind of player - I just love those kinds of RPGs the most.

But I do have to admit I'm having fun with Diablo 3. The timing of its release turned out good for me personally in that I've been grinding away at deep RPGs, one after the next, for the past couple of years. It is kind of nice when I'm in the mood to play a game to insert small stints of D3 because it's easy to get into and fairly mindless to play - at least on 'normal' level playing alone.

My only gripe is that I can't quit whenever I want for fear of losing progress - I really can't stand that. I wish there were a way for the game to save the state of a dungeon (when playing alone) if you have to quit mid-way through.

Back
Top Bottom