Aloran indie rpg game

Hello

We are a husband and wife team who are currently developing a 2D Rpg game.
We are interested in some feed back on the art direction for the game.

Core-Mega-A1a.jpg

22-Fortress-1B.jpg

25-Daras-Grass-1-NC-A-Tree-A1-PITCH.jpg

27-C-faran-3-XTA-1.jpg

50-Cave-Mountain-1B.jpg

37-Castle-Apexeon-B1.jpg

The images look good what engine are you using to develop the game?

We are using Unity 5 at the moment. The game is going to be 2D (like Ice wind dale, Baldur's gates) so Unity is the best game engine for the task.

Thanks for the info do you guys have a website yet in-case I make a news-bit?

Thanks for the quick answer once again. Just send me a PM/e-mail when you launch your website as I always like to support promising Indie RPG games.

Just one more quick question are you going to crowd-fund, or self fund the game?

Last edited:
Looks really nice. I'm wondering you're willing / able to reveal any basic info about the gameplay.... e.g., will the combat be turn-based / real-time?

Art looks really good. I like how some places look bleak and desolate, while others look more cheerful and inviting. It's a good mix. Gives the world some depth and range. Looking forward to hearing more about it. Turn based is also a big plus.

Well, since you asked for feedback about the art direction, please don't make the characters so tiny you cannot see / relate to them at all. I hate such a things.

Of course if you are aiming for the baldurs gate crowd only… well they don't care so then you can go ahead :)

Well, since you asked for feedback about the art direction, please don't make the characters so tiny you cannot see / relate to them at all. I hate such a things.

Of course if you are aiming for the baldurs gate crowd only… well they don't care so then you can go ahead :)

I agree with the above.

Also when the expected release date please?

Also the KS needs lot more work about the story, more details no the turn based combat, more information about you guys, what have you done in the past etc?

From the Kickstarter page:

Overview

Aloran is a turn-based, isometric fantasy RPG inspired by the classic games of the 90s that so many know and love: Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Eye of the Beholder, and Might and Magic. Like games of a bygone era, it will offer rich party-building: eight characters, with myriad skills and a vast variety of equipment. It will also capture the handcrafted, personal feel that is sometimes lost in modern games made by huge staffs. Aloran is a labor of love as well as a testament of love to old-school RPGs.

• Classic CRPG features, hand crafted dungeons, hand crafted loot, hand placed loot and lots of interesting monsters to defeat etc…
  • Aloran full release will be available for Windows only. The full release will be distributed on Steam as well as DRM-free download.
  • Art Style: 2D isometric with 2D sprites
  • Party based RPG: Up to 8 party members
  • Stats: Strength, Agility, Quickness, Stamina, Fortitude, Toughness, Appearance, Perception, Self Discipline, Intelligence, Presence, Wisdom, Willpower, Essence, Psi
  • Stat rolling: Character creation involves rolling for your stats
  • Perks: Characters will be able to select perks
  • Skills: A player can select skills from a wide list to shape there play style
  • Talents: Define a character and are hard to acquire
  • System: D20 combat resolution with attack and counter attack rounds
  • Tactical Turn based combat
  • Hard Counters: Mind control, Hold person, Entangle, Sleep, Disarm weapon, Grapple etc…

Sound good to me.

I had completely forgot about this game... Sadly it was bumped by a spammer. Has been over a year since the unsuccessful Kickstarter and I wonder if the developers are still working on it.

I had completely forgot about this game… Sadly it was bumped by a spammer. Has been over a year since the unsuccessful Kickstarter and I wonder if the developers are still working on it.
IIRC they don't and it won't happen anytime soon, if at all. Even if they get their shit together, they'll have to find additional team members anyway, and I have no idea whether their previous contacts will agree to work with them after that failure of a KS campaign.

Back
Top Bottom