Divinity II: FoV - DKS Reviews @ Resolution, Neoseeker

ok, thanks.. my only problem with it is that i feel "disconnected" suddenly from my character. I think im probably just picky with that, i've never really liked that in games, when you suddenly switch to a new character or suddenly switch to play the enemy side etc.

One more ++vote for the humor in Larian games and DivDiv2 specifically. Most of it is very tastefully done, not forced and obvious gags or stupid splatter shit that passes for humor in Bethesda's headquarters. For example i found
a guy in some village, who was a complete kook and seemed to think he was a goblin. The guy never dropped the act, even when i mindread him, but i later found out, that the village was terrorized by a demon who required human sacrifices. I wonder if the guy started his act to get away from being offered to the demon, but "lived too deep into" his character.
Edit, another good example was a nasty prankster wizard, who soulforged a guy with a chicken (soulforge in DivDiv2 lore means, that if either one of them is hurt, the other dies too), and also has several encounters with the pc, where he speaks in rhymes and summons monsters, that attack the pc.
Another example is a quest, where a talking tree wants you to get rid of a goblin, who has pissed it off by literally pissing on it

Last edited:
Just curious - any companions in it like in other games (not counting the creature I read about). I tend to prefer games with companions - either just as controlled party members or as interactive NPC's.
Not really - there is your pet monster, who you can have more or less always with you plus anything you summon. You never get human companions alongside you.

Interesting -- like almost all the reviews I have seen so far these reviews are about the original game that is part of the DKS package, and not really much about the FoV expansion.

Back
Top Bottom