Skyrim - Hearthfire DLC Officially Announced

aries100

SasqWatch
As we told you in this thread, rumours of a new DLC, Hearthfire, for Skyrim has been spotted on the internet. Bethesda announced today, via their Bethesda Blog, Hearthfire as an official DLC for Skyrim, being released September 4th this year.
The description is below:
With Skyrim’s newest game add-on, Hearthfire, you can purchase land and build your own home from the ground up – from a simple one-room cottage to a sprawling compound complete with an armory, alchemy laboratory, stable, garden, and more. Use all-new tools like the drafting table and carpenter’s workbench to transform quarried stone, clay, and sawn logs into structures and furnishings. Even transform your house into a home by adopting children. Hearthfire releases on Xbox LIVE next week (September 4th) for 400 Microsoft Points.
More information.

This sounds awesome. And I can only imagine how awesome it will be when released on pc, with this as a base modders can go crazy.

Ha, that's awesome. I love how it's a pastiche and a bit silly but still sentimental and fun. Also that there's not even a subtext of making babies. You just adopt.

Okay, this one is $5 compared to Dawnguard's $20. That seems feasible for a mod that doesn't do a whole lot. It's nice added content for a reasonable price. I thought Dawnguard was pricey for what it offered.

I definitely agree with Kefka on its potential usefulness to modders. This could be a boon.

Plus it knocks out the second required timed-exclusive DLC for xbox. Means the more meaty substantial one Gstaff suggested they were working on on Bethblog should be released on all 3 platforms simultaneously (or at least Xbox and PC - given the trouble they're having getting Dawnguard out on the ps3.)

It's mind-boggling how hateful and worked up against this people were in the other thread, when it was just a rumor. Now, everybody seems to have chilled out and are actually happy about this.

It's mind-boggling how hateful and worked up against this people were in the other thread, when it was just a rumor. Now, everybody seems to have chilled out and are actually happy about this.

Could there be an alternate explanation in which feelings remain consistent and some users just haven't posted in the newer thread yet?

Back
Top Bottom