DA2 Dragon Age II...again

Dragon Age 2
@azarhal, JDR13:
May be your positions are not so far away from each other.

The following description could be compatible with both of them:

Bioware has always tried to produce dumbed down interactive movies -
the only problem in the past was that the technology wasn't advanced enough to allow them to succeed completely.
But they get better and better.... :cm:

P.S. I don't know if I am kidding, but I must be...:S

@azarhal, JDR13:

the only problem in the past was that the technology wasn't advanced enough to allow them to succeed completely.
But they get better and better…. :cm:

P.S. I don't know if I am kidding, but I must be…:S

I'm not sure about the dumbed down part, that's a matter of taste, but the rest would be close to what I tried to get at.

@azarhal, JDR13:

But they get better and better…. :cm:

P.S. I don't know if I am kidding, but I must be…:S

Even Neverwinter Nights? That was probably the most ambitious thing any CRPG developer has tried to produce yet. (the official campaign was only a small piece of the much larger game and it is unfair that the game itself are judged by it rather than the sum of its parts).

Even Neverwinter Nights? That was probably the most ambitious thing any CRPG developer has tried to produce yet. (the official campaign was only a small piece of the much larger game and it is unfair that the game itself are judged by it rather than the sum of its parts).
This is probably true for tool set and multi player. I personally was very disappointed by having no party and no auto-pause and by the massive aesthetic downgrade (with respect to the graphical art) compared to BG. But I don't dispute the technical achievement.

This is probably true for tool set and multi player. I personally was very disappointed by having no party and no auto-pause and by the massive aesthetic downgrade (with respect to the graphical art) compared to BG. But I don't dispute the technical achievement.

But that's the thing -- the toolset and the multiplayer pretty much were the game. The aim was to provide the tools to create our own adventures, not a massive single-player RPG like BG (or NWN2) -- quite apart from what any RPG developer was attempting, or is attempting today.

But that's the thing — the toolset and the multiplayer pretty much were the game. The aim was to provide the tools to create our own adventures, not a massive single-player RPG like BG (or NWN2) — quite apart from what any RPG developer was attempting, or is attempting today.
If it had been announced and marketed as this, you might be right. But it wasn't. It was marketed as a Single Player RPG.
But aside of this:
If NWN isn't a Single-Player PPG, it is not relevant for the discussion at hand, which was about the Bioware direction with respect to Single-Player RPGs.
So I concede all your points but stay by my original description (which was a sarcastic hyperbole anyway). :party:

Well no it's not funny, the guy has a chance get fired for that and if he did it (so stupidly) it's because because he had care of the result of his work or couldn't live well the current anti hype.

This metacritics thing is just a little manipulation codex like, once fans quote the numerous "users" DA2 bashing had almost all only one review, they react, and the users score get that low than 4 but now is quite above 8. It shows where the masses are.

Back
Top Bottom