Valve Hits Disloyal Developers Who Choose Epic Games Store

While I have nothing against Epic Games, and have even bought a game from them, this is a smart and reasonable move on Steam's Part.
Maybe now Epic will bother to implement a reasonable UI on their storefront. Honestly, both Uplay and Origin have better UIs and its pretty sad of Epic to have an even worse one.

"Disloyal" bahahahhahaha

While I have nothing against Epic Games, and have even bought a game from them, this is a smart and reasonable move on Steam's Part.
Maybe now Epic will bother to implement a reasonable UI on their storefront. Honestly, both Uplay and Origin have better UIs and its pretty sad of Epic to have an even worse one.

Yub, completely with you there. Just makes sense that they demand that the game is actually being published there after steam was used as advertisement platform, probably even development and press platform (which, if I remember correctly, is also not possible in epic store).

It was bound to happen, considering the stance Epic has taken against existing platforms.
Steam taking a stance against key sellers is also bound to happen - and has been bound to happen for many years now. Strange that it never does.

I also wouldn't be shocked if they limited forum posting to people who own the game on Steam.

I suspect key-seller is more of an issue with developer/publisher then the distribution (steam). The title of this is a bit misleading because this isn't really disloyal but scummy - if you use use to announce your game then you gotta sell the game here and that makes perfect senses.

Steam taking a stance against key sellers is also bound to happen - and has been bound to happen for many years now. Strange that it never does.

I also wouldn't be shocked if they limited forum posting to people who own the game on Steam.

As I understand it, Valve will hand out Steam keys for free to the publisher unless they start getting crazy. That means Steam isn't getting their 30%. Of course, the publisher might not be getting as much, either, if keys they are trying to sell to poorer areas are getting re-sold in richer areas.

If Steam started charging 30% for those keys, though, it would all be on the publisher.

Back
Top Bottom