Gothic Lares Ornament Fragment

7PCGamer

Traveler
I am currently in chapter 3 and paid a visit to Lares at the harbor. He had a strange option in the dialog box inside parentheses.. i clicked on it and to my surprise received the ornament/ring fragment that Vatras had originally couriered to him through me. Is there a quest here?.. didn't get any pointers, no dialog whatsoever from Lares or maybe i screwed something up, i only remember that there was a dialog in chap 1 where i'd offer to take the fragment to water mages but there was no follow through.. Lares just cut the conversation short by asking me to retry later (please avoid spoilers)

Did Lares lead you anywhere yet? Did you talk to Saturas?

Did Lares lead you anywhere yet? Did you talk to Saturas?

Vatras had given me a letter for delivery to Saturas after joining the Ring of Water..suggesting that I take Lares but there was no option to team up like when he led me to Onar's farm...Just some additional dialog where i inform him about Ravens activities to which he replies that now he is free to move but no follow through

Right. There is a bug somewhere in there, where he refuses to do what he's supposed to. He's supposed to lead you to Saturas, with a similar "show me the way" option as to the farm, and then give you the fragment, but only after you have joined the ring of water. If I recall correctly.

However, both the letter and fragment will end up with you sooner or later, so that hopefully won't be an issue. I would continue with the quest the "missing people" or whatever it's called, and perhaps try talking to him (and others) once you know more about where the missing people are, and have joined the ring of water.

I know where the missing people are. The letter on the leader of pirates clearly mention their fate as enslaved workers for a former ore baron. I also had dialog with Greg on this topic and he suggested taking a searoute..Mentioned something abt skip being late..I backtracked to Skip but there was new dialog to be had there

Right. At that point it's probably time to return to Vatras and tell him about that. I don't remember the exact details on how you join the Ring of Water, but it definitely involves Vatras and Lares at some point.

If neither has any dialogue for you, and there is no quest update for the Ring of Water, I guess reaching Saturas might be worth a shot..

Yes, there is a fair amount of iteration, sometimes you don't get much feedback - I just completed G2:NotR again yesterday and found that Saturas didn't acknowledge my letter until much later than I expected.

I am not aware of Saturas' location. I am meanwhile clearing Khorinis map while avoiding those dreaded seekers and trying to progress the main quest.. stone golems are extraordinarily effective against them but I've got only 3 more scrolls.. let's say, if I cannot somehow progress this side quest, am I missing a lot?..It looked like something big going by the build up alone

I am not aware of Saturas' location. I am meanwhile clearing Khorinis map while avoiding those dreaded seekers and trying to progress the main quest.. stone golems are extraordinarily effective against them but I've got only 3 more scrolls.. let's say, if I cannot somehow progress this side quest, am I missing a lot?..It looked like something big going by the build up alone
Sorry for the late reply. Yes, you're essentially missing the entire expansion, which will leave you quite a bit weaker. You're supposed to have done this prior to your current stage, which is why the Seekers are so problematic. Saturas is located in a tunnel near a pyramid like ruin. Just follow the path straight from Orlan's tavern (the middle one when you exit the tavern) until you see a rather large pyramid on the right side.

Heyyo, hope I am not to late too the party. Big fan of the game

You have probably reached this point already but just in case you have not, you actually cannot progress the main story at a point unless you finish the "Addon Content", so you are forced to go there anyway.

It is easier to go into the addon-world first (you can go there as early as Chapter 2) and then go back to the Valley afterwards which should make you strong enough to deal with all the orcs in there (if you have been thorough in Jharkendar), as well as with the nasty Seekers.

It is entirely possible to go there in Chapter 3 too though (and it ideal for those who want to MinMax as you get more EXP from many quests if you go to Jharkendar in Chapter 3)

Feel free to ask more questions if youre still playing the game :)

Back
Top Bottom