The Council - More Reviews

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Here are some more reviews for the Narrative Adventure The Council:

Games Radar:
The Council Episode One: The Mad Ones review: “I wondered how characters could believe what was coming out of my mouth”
Score: 3/5

COG Connected:
The Council – Episode 1: The Mad Ones Review – New Story, Old Issues
Score: 75/100

The Mirror:
The Council: Episode 1 - The Mad Ones review: Talk a good game

[...]
However, the game is let down by occasionally stilted voice acting, coupled with some rough lip-synching in spots, meaning there can sometimes feel like a disconnect between the dialogue and the action on screen, like a poorly-dubbed movie.

Louis' mother Sarah in particular seems to be baring her giant teeth a bit too often, and you may find yourself cringing at the instances of horribly fake sounding laughter or strange cadence.

Some lines are delivered in such a robotic way that it becomes jarring, while the poorer moments of facial animation (on the otherwise detailed faces) can be rather distracting, which is a shame given how much polish has gone into the gameplay.

But if you can ride out the clunky voice overs, The Mad Ones is a decent introduction into the world of The Council. The novel mechanics and engaging plot are ripe for further exploration over the other upcoming four episodes.
More information.

Another reason i won't play episodic games. Bad reviews. If the first chapter doesn't get good reviews, why would i play the second episode? And if enough people don't buy the second, will the devs have enough funds to finish the other chapters? Why take that chance? I will just wait until they finish the whole thing, then rely on comments from here to see if i want to buy it or not.

I'm in the same boat. Buying an episodic game before it's finished is not something I want to do. I'd rather play the game when it's complete and certainly don't look forward to waiting for the next episode to come out in order to resume playing.

Back
Top Bottom