CD Projekt RED - The Witcher: Rise of the Wolf Revealed

REALLY!!! A business trying to make MONEY!!! My god, what is the world coming to?

I hope you were kidding with that last post. "Hypocrites" ...."boycott"??? They've done more for their fans than most other companies and because they are making one for a console you want to boycott them. Well, you go right ahead and boycott them, I'll be playing whatever they make and having a blast.

I agree. Even that I like to see more of the Witcher on my PC, I see no point in being selfish, and not make the Consol players happy to. Just hoping that it going to be on PS3, as i just got on :)

Indeed - while I'm disappointed this wasn't an expansion (which to a certain degree we just got for free with the EE) or a sequel, I certainly am not going to spew venom at a company that has been so good to it's fans. I'll just hope they make some good money and use it to make a solid Witcher sequel or other quality cRPG.

Now if said sequel is a port from a console version or some other departure from what I have come to appreciate of them, yes, I'll spew a little venom. But CD Projekt RED has well earned my faith in them and I'll not be so fickle as to turn on them over this.

Major gaming companies can't affor to ignore the console market these days. See it this way: the more quality RPGs come out on the console and ween a fanbase there, the better the quality of our PC ports will be in the longterm... :p

Well look at it this way: If they can release Rise of the Wolf on the consoles successfully, they will have ensured funding for several years worth of development time on the next Witcher game.

Yes, I must admit i'm a little jealous over the supposedly cooler, fancier console version. But I also think that CDProjekt won't let it's initial fan base down. I think we will see the sequel released as a PC version first.

I also don't think that the clue hunt has anything to do with the console version announcement. Judging by that link Magerette posted I'd say we're in for another surprise!

Not me. Normally we get the cooler versions of games. Pc gaming has the edge in graphics and complexity.

CD Projekt's announcements in the year following The Witcher have been a pretty big disappointment. They hinted a year ago that they might we working on a sequel or an expansion pack, but since then, they have released what was essentially a glorified patch and they have now announced the inevitable console version. I hope that they have more PC content somewhere in the oven.

CDProjekt has actually done quite a bit over the last year for PC gamers--making the Enhanced Edition--a little larger than your usual patch, I think when you factor in the toolkit and new adventures, multi-language rewrites and voice-acting-- creating Good Old Games--a way for people to play classic PC games on newer machines and OS's, their Versus online thing, etc. I don't think you can say they've exactly ignored the PC crowd. ;)

If they want to do a version of the Witcher for consoles, I don't see that as any different than Bioware, Obsidian or anyone else doing so. True, I'd like to hear about a sequel, and hopefully we will when they are through with the things they have on their plate right now.

Last edited:
Storm in a teacup, in my opinion. Did everyone miss the newsbits we posted over the last year about job openings for console programmers? What did you think they were for? Did anyone think they would announce a console version and hype it as "a slightly crappier version of our two year old PC game"? They have Tom Ohle doing the PR and he knows his job, so they take the required changes required for a console version and spin it as a new super-super engine - no surprise.

A sequel will be in planning, I've no doubt - with the extra manpower they've hired, maybe they can even work on the two at once.

Yeah, seriously people... what's with the console hating? I'm an exclusively PC gamer myself, but sheesh, what's wrong with them wanting to make more money? You think making a console version is going to make developers who are avid rpg junkies and who decided to design a pc game in the first place suddenly decide to eliminate PC game development altogether?

And as Dhruin pointed out, the game is more than a year old - of course they can and are going to improve it visually!

As Magerette mentioned, I think the amount of work these guys have done in the past year is pretty impressive considering their humble beginnings, certainly not worthy of "pretty big disappointment" criticism. But hey, to each his own.

Sammy's statement was more of a tweaked mob refrence with some latino flavour mixed in for taste.

In other words U down With CDP...You know me!

They're our boys over here. I, personally, want to set up a shrine to them, but hey I'm strange like that.

Take a look at the mess that Jowood has created. The poor Gothic series looks like Frankenstiens monster now. Don't get me started on EA ....errrr destroying another beloved brand like Dungeon Keeper. I'll get to try this "online" version since I'm in Taiwan, but I have high hopes that EA will screw it up as usual. Just by making it Online they've taken the first steps of screwing it up. Bioware still isn't totally corrupt imo, but they're not on the same playing field, anymore, as CDP. For the Final dev/pub screw up we have BETH. I'm not even going there, I'll just say the word Beth and leave it to your imaginations to what is wrong with that company.

So compared to all the other devs/pubs out there I think CDP rocks hardcore. Do you know the kind of balls it took to come up with just that little innovation of making actions you took in chapter 1 come back to haunt you in chapter 3. I've yet to see anyone(other than CDP) try to code that kind of game or willing to take a chance that it will make a profit.

So, nope, not gonna boycott or even be a little peeved that the console will be prettier than the one I bought, well two I bought. They've always said they never expected to make a lot of money off the first one. I don't remember exactly what they said but it surprised me that they intentionaly made a game they knew would take awhile to get a profit. So let the poor guys make a little money and maybe draw in some consolies that are sick of bashing stuff with super huge swords. I have no doubt they will make an expansion or sequel in time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom