Elder Scrolls VI - Official E3 Announcement Teaser

Tiny teaser looks like either the Wrothgarian mountains in High Rock or the Dragontails mountains in Hammerfell. Both touch the Illiac bay.

Good news, although I'm slightly sad it's only in pre production. I might even finally upgrade my graphics card for this…

Things I hope they improve: NPCs, quests, combat.
Things I hope don't change: single player, offline, silent protagonist, no cinematic cut scenes etc.

I'd like to see them deploy a deep stat based system as well, but I know wishful thinking when I internal monologue it…

Happy to know that TES 6 is coming at some point, but the trailer was quite underwhelming. I wish they had revealed it with a bang.

Wake me up when they announce the final patch for it.

More ES6 things:

1) Elder Scrolls 6 is in pre-production
2) The trailer was meant to establish "tone" but there things for fans to recognize in it (which means it's probably set in High Rock and/or Hammerfell, back to Daggerfall!). It would be a good lead in from Skyrim, and have some crossover since they share a border.
3) The tech needed is "getting closer". Don't know if that's hardware or software. If it's hardware, possibly next gen consoles (for those who care about that).

Todd Howard Exclusive Interview with Geoff Keighley: E3 2018

Last edited:
Psst Caddy I shared the video interview already in the Fallout 76 thread.:biggrin:

Still good job sharing it on this thread so others can watch also.:handshake:

I'm excited, but I'm hoping they backpedal a bit and have it take place in the Black Marsh. I would adore that. I wouldn't mind High Rock but I had my fill of Elves/high fantasy from Oblivion.

I don't care too much where it takes place, as long as it's different from a setting we've seen before, and that they don't further streamline the mechanics (bring back spell creation pretty please...and levitation...remember the pants of levitation in Morrowind? ;) Pity it still seems to be several years out.

Psst Caddy I shared the video interview already in the Fallout 76 thread.:biggrin:

Still good job sharing it on this thread so others can watch also.:handshake:

Dammit, there I go double posting again! :blush:

I was getting ready to be fired up - Oh, my good, this will be sooOo good squirting all over the place - when the teaser ended abruptly almost without beginning.. Huh..? Oh, it was just a sucker-teaser. :(

I get why they released the teaser. It's in pre-production, meaning things aren't solid or committed yet. They could either:

1) Not release anything for another couple years and wait almost until release, and risk pissing off fans by keeping them in the dark for over 8 years.

or

2) Since it's been so long, release a teaser with just enough info to get people talking, to satisfy the fans that have been asking forever for an update, and risk pissing off some people by not giving them enough info.

I'd rather have option #2

I was really looking forward for ES6 to be in Summerset Isles, Valenwood or Elsweyr. Anywhere were I could fight against the Aldmeri Dominion and the Thalmor. Perhaps even reconquer those provinces and reform the Empire.
But from the video it looks to be High Rock.

It's either High Rock or Hammerfell. Either way, please, pleaaaase don't over-streamline this game. If it at least resembles an RPG and hopefully even adds some earlier staples back into the mix, it will be a typical day-one Elder Scrolls purchase for me. But they better not do anything dumb like turning armor into a one slot set you equip or something.

..or DLC's.. "Make the landscape great again! More trees and flora $19.99"

Nah, I'd rather wait for your mods, Vurt :)

Back
Top Bottom