Valkyria Chronicles 4 - Interview @ RPG Site

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
RPG Site interviewed the devs of Valkyria Chronicles 4:

Valkyria Chronicles 4 Post-Mortem: An interview with director Kohei Yamashita and producer Kei Mikami

[...]

RPG Site: So, now that Valkyria Chronicles 4 is out in both the east and west, what has been the reaction been like and the type of feedback you're getting?

Yamashita: We’re ecstatic about the game’s reception. Since it’s been seven years since VC3, and 10 years since the first game on home consoles, many fans have welcomed the game with open arms. We’re happy that we could give them what they’ve been waiting for. The game has reviewed even more highly than we expected, both domestically and worldwide. Everyone on the team is glad that we got to make a sequel.

Mikami: Overall, the reaction has been positive, with a few comments saying that they were hoping for a more dramatic transformation compared to the last game in the series. It’s been an even longer wait for the western audience, as they’ve been waiting since VC2, but we received a higher rating than I’d expected.

[...]

More information.

Yea I really like these games - well the two on steam. I've heard the other two are not quite as good but who knows. I wonder if there will be a 5 ?

I think there is a real problem with too many games not only making it hard to find some of the better less advertised titles but also not enough $$ to go around. The AAA usually do fine not because they are great games but because of raw advertising dollars and the indies mostly do ok because they are run on a shoe-string budget but the group in the middle is likely getting squeezed out.

And no one asked about a possible remaster for VC3 and VC2 with porting on the most recent hardware...

Anyways, an interesting inteview overall and some nice reactions from the interviewed persons.

The price point on this game just seems quite high, unless there's easily like two hundred hours of play-time. Maybe it's in line with console game prices, I don't know, but for computer products it seems a bit elevated.

My memory is the first one is cheap; but this one is expensive. I think it is because the first one did better than expected on pc they think they can jack up the price :)

The price point on this game just seems quite high, unless there's easily like two hundred hours of play-time. Maybe it's in line with console game prices, I don't know, but for computer products it seems a bit elevated.

You need 75-80 hours for one playthrough.

That's if you won't go collecting all empire weapons, improving all crew to corporal and rerun missions to get highest rank for success.

Back
Top Bottom