Burt Reynolds Passed Away

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Last edited:
As an early teen I liked Burt a lot. At that time he got lots of starring roles like Deliverance (actually a supporting role but an important one) and White Lightning. He later seemed to become the butt of everyone's joke though when his career started to wan but at his peak he was almost as interesting to me as Clint Eastwood and other Hollywood alpha male stars. R.I.P. Burt.

Well known 80's movie actor Burt Reynolds has died yesterday of a heart attack at age 82. Rest in peace and I'll forever remember a few of your best films from my childhood.

I'm pretty sure this is how he went out…or should have.

x1080-0fq.jpg

Last edited:
I'm glad he got a chance to make the recent The Last Movie Star, a film in which he laments some of his decisions but stands up for others. He was a larger than life figure and it's sad to see him go.

RIP

RIP.

He comes from a period when I think they were much better at making light entertainment movies. We still get some good serious movies, and I also think some very good kid's movies, but it's that middle ground where we just don't get those kind of fun films, with characters like Burt.

Also mayor of Steelport in Saints Row 3!

Yea, nice guy. Grew up watching him in the smokey and the bandit movies…cheesy, but fun. If you watch one of his past interviews, you can see how he really seemed to be an "average Joe" type guy, in his personality. Funny guy, who didn't take himself too seriously. This interview from 1979 with Johnny Carson, at a time when Reynolds was the most famous and on top as a movie star, shows that pretty well.
https://youtu.be/DtKDjgEAjPo

I never knew much about him. But I see that he made many movies.
May he rest in peace.

The Longest Yard and Deliverance are two fantastic movies that I have watched many times. I watched Cannonball Run at the movies when I was younger and that was a wild ride. RIP

Back
Top Bottom