What games are you playing now?

Are you trying to say wow's combat is wow ?

For nearly 14 year old game, WoW has one of the best combat feed back in the market. Their animation and auditory feed back are top notch. I don't even look at health bars in WoW since the sound effects are enough to figure out the out come of my attacks etc.

I am really enjoying the combat and the system in ESO but its bit of same about the feed back.

Turn on enemy health bars for feedback. Some attacks have other visual and auditory hit feedback.

I meant the animations/hit feeback.

Really would like someone to explain to appeal behind this. It feels like it actually wants to be Single Player game, but ends up subpar as result of being MMO at the same time.

Still playing Andromeda. I'm at the third planet now. I have to thank some old post here at the watch (forgot the name) with tips on what to do, or rather not do.

Basically, don't talk to people when they aren't marked, especially companion stuff, don't go out of your way for the smaller tasks, and just follow the main quest (and come back to earlier planets only after the third planet).

Enjoying it, but it is waaay too easy. Haven't touched my equipment yet, did no research or development. Simply because there is no need for it. Still killing it with a standard AR as an adept (pull, supernova and barrier). Level 12 or so with 35 unused points... Pfff, please please make it more challenging BioWare. Would also discourage rushing through it.

Playing Assassin Creed:Origins, and a few HOI 4 mods.
It feels like it actually wants to be Single Player game, but ends up subpar as result of being MMO at the same time.
It's the same with BioWare's Star Wars: The Old Republic. Remember it's KOTOR 3,4,& 5 according to one of the games developers. He even said we don't need a SP version.

It feels like it actually wants to be Single Player game, but ends up subpar as result of being MMO at the same time.
That's a fair comment, and something I also said recently (though more along the lines of "compromised SP game, or compromised MMO, depending on which side of the fence you fall on").
I'm currently trying to take a more positive view, in that without the SP-ness of it I wouldn't be playing it. Sure I have plenty of better, genuinely SP games, to play, but I'm in a bit of a funk at the moment, so ESO is something good just to putter away at until I get over... whatever it is.

It's the same with BioWare's Star Wars: The Old Republic. Remember it's KOTOR 3,4,& 5 according to one of the games developers. He even said we don't need a SP version.
Why are such developers still in gaming industry? Did he ask us what we need or, as usual, is trying to brainwash someone? I mean, I don't remember any developer asking me anything, instead they got scared of fans, killed off their official forum and moved to social networks.

Such developers need to leave the industry. Now please.

Really would like someone to explain to appeal behind this. It feels like it actually wants to be Single Player game, but ends up subpar as result of being MMO at the same time.
The video is nit-picking, and the guy also gets things wrong. After playing for 8 hours only, it's not surprising. For example, he spends a lot of time talking how you're the one and only hero to defeat Molag Bal and how he doesn't like being the chosen one, but that's clearly not the case in the game. He got this idea from 'mandatory tutorial' (which isn't mandatory, you can skip it for all other characters on your account, once you've played through it once), but it wasn't supposed to explain everything to you in one go. Other players running around are basically vestiges and 'prisoners' (a lore term), just like you, and it ties in nicely with the TES lore and metaphysics. Everything is very faithful to the lore in general, and ESO expands it on a lot of stuff in a competent manner. I'd say it's much better than, say, Skyrim lore-wise.

Basically, this video was made by someone heavily biased against MMOs in general, and with little experience with ESO in particular, so he's half-nitpicking (graphics isn't top-notch, really?) and half-misjudging.

There are free weeks sometimes for new players, just wait and try it out for yourself. I'm no fan of MMOs, but I've played all TES games in existence, and ESO is not worse than any of them. In fact, it's better. But it does take a while to get used to other players running around, which I think is the only valid complaint he's got about the game.

And as for me, I'm playing the Chinese Paladin, or the Legend of Sword and Fairy, released in 1995 in Taiwan and China. So far, so good, but I can't tell how much of it is just the charm of everything Chinese... :)

As expected, I fired up the first Dark Sun this morning, rolled up four nice thugs in under five minutes flat, and hit the arena running. Thirty minutes later though, I realized that maybe I've played this game far too much, as I was simply going off pure memory and the charm was lost. So, I kept the save from right after rolling up my characters, and I'll come back to it when it is less vivid.

Then my eyes fell on Shining Force. A bit later I'm up to the fourth fight, and loving it all over again, without remembering every single detail. Looks like this one is a go to complete!!!

I'm still playing DKS - somewhere more than 1/2 way through flame of veng. Long game; would be a lot longer if i didn't cheat now and then by looking at a faq. Far more difficult than D:OS 1 or 2 ….. not the combat but some of the quests.

Ahhh, Dragon Knight Saga, an excellent game, well worth playing and replaying. That's the kind of game I hope to see once again in the future from the Larian team, something of substance.

Five battles done in Shining Force, moving upwards and onwards!!!

I love DKS till you become a dragon, but I play that first part all of the time. Once I win the tower, I quit.

I'm liking Andromeda more and more.
- coming back to the planet and seeing it change is a great concept (changes could be bigger and more meaningful but that may yet come)

- the chatter while driving is done well. It is a much better system than having to talk to each companion (time consuming with all the animation)

- make the things to do on each planet more meaningful and less grindy, but that is the typical AAA problem.

- I'd welcome more 'mature' content whatever that means. In this case, quests designed by cdpr. There is a lot of talk of how hard it is to survive but you barely see anything of it. Give me some ripped off limbs, starvation, and frozen people.

- planets could be more special than just dessert, ice and jungle. But hey, I'm not complaining. I love snow and ice

- ah yes, make the planets a lot more dangerous to explore. The hazards barely had an impact.

Yea andromeda was fun shooter but it did get repetitive after a while (the chatter is well done but after a zillion times of repeating the same thing frequently it also gets old). The story was decent but there was a lot missing. I think it was under-rated but it was not the best game - don't take me wrong I would say it was very decent and it had some interesting ideas.

I'm liking Andromeda more and more.
- coming back to the planet and seeing it change is a great concept (changes could be bigger and more meaningful but that may yet come)

- the chatter while driving is done well. It is a much better system than having to talk to each companion (time consuming with all the animation)

- make the things to do on each planet more meaningful and less grindy, but that is the typical AAA problem.

- I'd welcome more 'mature' content whatever that means. In this case, quests designed by cdpr. There is a lot of talk of how hard it is to survive but you barely see anything of it. Give me some ripped off limbs, starvation, and frozen people.

- planets could be more special than just dessert, ice and jungle. But hey, I'm not complaining. I love snow and ice

- ah yes, make the planets a lot more dangerous to explore. The hazards barely had an impact.

Back
Top Bottom