Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Interview

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
GameWatcher interviewed the lead storyteller of Werewolf: The Apocalypse:

Monsters are hidden among us, watching, waiting, in the shadows

GameWatcher: Could we just get you to introduce yourself for us, please?

Martin Elricsson: I am Martin Elricsson, I am the Lead Storyteller of White Wolf, the reformed White Wolf. For years, we were owned by CCP, to do with the MMO World of Darkness, I worked as Senior Content in that and it completely broke my heart when that project went downhill, as some computer game projects do, of course. We left with a treasure of concept art and ideas, but now we are our own thing. We are financed by the Paradox group, we are not owned by Paradox but the money comes from the same place. We are very clear that we need to be our own thing in order to do our mature and complex stories about monsters hidden among us.

Martin Elricsson: Are you familiar with Vampire: The Masquerade?

GameWatcher: Somewhat, yes…

Martin Elricsson: This started in 1991 as a pen and paper table top roleplaying game which became the second bestselling roleplaying game during the 90s, after Dungeons and Dragons. Of course, it’s a game that pulls in a lot of women, a lot of goths and people with alternative lifestyles. It’s one integrated universe of monsters hidden among us, manipulating politics and being affected by us. It’s our world but under the surface, the nightmares are boiling. Twenty-five years later, we are updating the whole universe for contemporary times. Continuing the same stories that began in the 90s, we are now in the age of the apocalypse, we are in the end age.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Hoping it will be a nice game so i can create my Fianna character i had 15 years ago in pen and paper

Setting sounds promising but developer is apparently Cyanide which has a pretty bad reputation. I've only tried their Game of Thrones RPG and maybe one other... Yeah have they have ever put out anything good?

Back
Top Bottom