KotOR - Remake with Unreal 4 Engine

The mouse has already gotten the scent of modder blood ;)

xLmgDWkBqf-6.png

It's not that the mouse is evil persé. They just need to act on copyright issues… It's a company you know, they need to make money (regardless how we feel about it).

Mouse=evil. The Disney megacorp destroyed the concept of "public domain." The copyright of IP was designed to protect the CREATOR'S FAMILY for profits from an IP, so they could have a "generation" of profits from that idea. Basically, it was the life of the creator plus 50 years, or 75 years for a corporate property. It was NOT designed to protect the profits of megacorps for centuries, but Disney changed it to the life of the creator plus 70 years, or 120 years from creation, or 95 years from first publication. Folks liked to call it the Mickey Mouse Protection Act, but it is actually the CTEA.

When will mod teams learn to keep their mouth shut about project remakes with newer engines. Keep quiet, do the work and release it as proof of concept and skill.

I like Disney to be honest, love going to Disneyland.

Disney World is less than a 2 hour drive from where I live, but I've only been there once in the last 10 years. That place is so over-priced it's not even funny. If it's up to me, I'll never set foot in there again. The same goes for Universal Studios.

Disney World is less than a 2 hour drive from where I live, but I've only been there once in the last 10 years. That place is so over-priced it's not even funny. If it's up to me, I'll never set foot in there again. The same goes for Universal Studios.

It's clearly intended for the kids and their imaginations. For adults it's a long walk through plastic ville.

It's intended to milk $.
If someone expects something else, they'll be disappointed.

IIRC there was an attempt to create an open source version of kotor, I'm sure that would both be more safe in a legal sense and have better prospects of working as a safeguarding of kotor for future generations. Besides, the game has been ported to modern platforms so from my point of view it hardly warrants this sort of effort.

Back
Top Bottom