Might & Magic VII - in Matt Chat 342

I'll have to take a look then. Let me start by saying: epic beard. :)

I may not be as entertaining as this other Matt is, but I try. :)

Off Topic:

Fluent and I have the same exact number of posts at this moment. Nothing special about that except that I'm a founding member of the Watch and have been here since it became a site, while the Flu has only been around for less than 5 years. Maybe you will pass D'art or Alrik one day.

P.S. I have zero intentions of trying to keep up.

My favourite cRPG (side to side with the MnM 6, details make 7 more solid at its mechanisms so I slightly prefer it).

I could write for hours for this game, I fell in love with it, but I want to mention just one detail that I really miss from most of the modern cRPG : the Interface! Is so good and designed for keyboard-mouse (I really hate the console-style ones) that provides you detailed information for everything with just one right-click! Organised perfect at tables and really easy to navigate through dozens of stats! Oh, and the great sound variety that has, very important for its unique atmosphere.

MM6 is one of my disappointments as a parent - I just cannot get my 12 year old son to play it. He says it's too hard. He's played through Space Rangers 2, King's Bounty, etc., but he just finds MM6 too difficult. My 9 year old feels the same way about Freedom Force.

In more MM related news, one of my best memories of these games is how there really wasn't much need to sleep as i recall, so I would go on very long exploration missions away from the town, only for one of my characters to suddenly go insane - it took me a long time to figure out that it was caused by lack of sleep...

I like the way Matt plays his games. Just for enjoyment and no min/maxing. I try to play that way also but I do try to always make a party that is combat oriented and excels in battle. I try to pick the skills I enjoy and not what guide books tell me :)

@ Jaguar

Have you tried introducing him more slowly perhaps via World of Xeen or maybe even just the first part, Clouds of Xeen? I got my little brother into games when he was about your son's age with WoX and he really enjoyed himself. I've always thought of it as the most accessible of the Might and Magics even if on the whole, they were never particularly hard to play.

Back
Top Bottom