Lords of the Fallen

Thanks for the answer :)

I just bought it, as I'm curious.

The story doesn't really need to be good - but it does need to be there. I can't enjoy Dark Souls because I find the story too opaque and it might as well not be there at all.

How about exploration? Can you find books/journals/notes and stuff like that? Or is it Dark Souls with "glowing objects" here and there?

There are audio notes to find and I suggest listening to them all as some will give hints to what's ahead or a secret somewhere.

Some notes are hidden but most are pretty obvious and just floating there. So it could be a bit immersion breaking it you don't care for that sort of thing.

If you enjoyed dark souls combat but wanted a bit more story you might find this as a good middle ground.

There are audio notes to find and I suggest listening to them all as some will give hints to what's ahead or a secret somewhere.

Some notes are hidden but most are pretty obvious and just floating there. So it could be a bit immersion breaking it you don't care for that sort of thing.

Well, that sounds pretty good overall - and better than DS :)

Well, I've played it for a few hours - and it's not for me.

I adore the visuals, though. It's a fantastic looking game, for sure. One of the prettiest I've seen, actually.

But the basic formula is identical to Dark Souls, even if it's easier.

It's combat, combat and more combat. You overcome enemies so you can get to overcome more enemies. The story is minimal, though I admit it's less obscure.

I do like the audio logs - but they don't seem very well connected to an overall narrative.

So, it's essentially pushing yourself through endless trial and error without a reward in sight. Except, of course, more enemies to fight.

I know it's me and not the game, though. I'd say it's an excellent choice if you enjoy this visceral rogue-like style with amazing visuals.

My problem is that I'm no longer fascinated with "beating" a tough game - even if it looks good and plays well. I need something meaty to explore and experience.

Well, thanks for letting us know. I might try it if it's super cheap on Steam, but otherwise will pass for now.

Back
Top Bottom