Last game you finished, tell us about it

Finished metro exodus, overall good game but the worst of the series. Open maps were an ok addition but like most open world games, break the immersion; they should stick with underground levels. Story as a concept was really interesting but events were meh at best, devs lacked any imagination.
One major annoying thing was the lack of VO for Artyom; sure it was like this in the previous games but here you interact alot with the crew, plenty of scenes on the train where you just stand like a stupid mute.

8/10

Yeah, I get the sense that it's a little underwhelming all things considered.

Oh well, it wasn't big on my radar or anything.

I completed Empire a few days ago, it's an older style role playing game, in the vein of early Final Fantasy games, it might even be an rpg-maker game for all I know. For under two dollars it was fantastic, fully occupied me for well over a week, you have eight party members to choose from and tons of side quests to do, most of which I did. I think all I omitted was a few of the characters ultimate weapons, there were some playable folks that I just didn't care for so I didn't do all their extra content. The final series of battles in the last dungeon was quite tough, and made me aware of how much more difficult these fights would have been had I not done the optional quests for the characters that I did care for.

Finished the Anthem tutorial (main campaign).

Took around 27 hours - and I didn't really speak to NPCs much. I can easily see it taking 30-35 hours if you exhaust all the dialogue and nooks and crannies of Fort Tarsis.

Of course, this genre isn't about the campaign - and it's still way, way too early to tell about longevity.

That said, I had a fantastic time with the gameplay - and I thought the story was middling. The presentation was very good, though - amazing even. Top-tier cinematics and the usual over-the-top set pieces. Voice acting was particularly well done - as were the facial animations. In fact, for the main cast - it's probably the best quality facial animations I've seen in gaming.

Visuals and sound are both superb. Definitely one of the prettiest games on PC - and the sound effects are nearly perfect. Music was good, if not spectacular - though I must give credit to the combat music, which is awesome.

Anyway, it's - without a doubt - the best looter shooter I've played overall. Division 2 might top it, but it will be in a very different way. There's no way Division 2 will be able to match the visceral energy and moment-to-moment gameplay - but I think it will be the game with the most longevity and sophistication in terms of gear and builds.

For fans of the genre, it's a no-brainer. For Bioware fans? I don't think so. It's too different - and there's not enough meat in the dialogues.

There's a ton of lore, though. Possibly more than for Dragon Age - but I didn't find it interesting enough to really dive into it.

It has a few technical niggles here and there, and the load times are annoying.

Overall, at this point in time - I think it deserves a 9/10.

However, it can easily drop to 8 or even 7, if they mess up on the content and future of the game.

Not sure if I mentioned it already but last game I finished I believe was Fallout 1 about a month or two ago. First time playing it through and I enjoyed it a lot. Cohesive world with great sound and animation, believable world and cool progression. I can see why it's high on people's top RPGs list, it kept me hooked from start to finish.

Better late than never.

Not sure how Fluent can still play those old games. Must say I'm impressed as he started out late in the RPG genre and is going strong, discovering all the classics. I played my fair share of old RPGs but these days it is hard for me to go back to the older games.

Finished Hyper Light drifter. Great game, very depressing atmosphere (souls like) but not a RPG and not much depth to it. Action is very addicting though. Play with a controller.

I have been looking for some more meaty games the past months, the ones with decent depth but still easy to pick up for just an hour. I haven't found anything yet, though all the ranting about Yakuza 0 here is getting me excited for that one.

Edit: Anthem is getting me depressed

I have been looking for some more meaty games the past months, the ones with decent depth but still easy to pick up for just an hour. I haven't found anything yet, though all the ranting about Yakuza 0 here is getting me excited for that one.
Don't forget the sequel Yakuza Kiwami or just Yakuza is getting released soon.

Link - https://store.steampowered.com/app/834530/Yakuza_Kiwami/

Thanks, but Kiwami hasn't the joxer stamp of approval yet :) I will play it in order anyways

LOL
Well… I can't blindly praise a game not yet released on PC, I'm also waiting till it's out and will most probably buy it. Hopefully, controls will be better this time so I don't have to cheat karaoke due to horrible key bindings impossible to remap.

Metro: Last Light Redux

It's not as strong as Metro 2033 imo. I had that opinion back when I completed the original version, and the Redux version did nothing to change it. The atmosphere is still there, but I found the story lacking in comparison and even somewhat ridiculous at times.

Also, the stealth parts are definitely not as good as in 2033. Enemy soldiers are near-sighted to the point where you can cross 3 feet in front of them and not be seen as long as you're in a shadow.

I still enjoyed it though, and I think it's much better than the average modern shooter if you appreciate strong atmosphere and a lack of hand-holding.

1. Time to finish it?
2. Respawns or the junkyard gets clear?

Dex. A (kickstarted) cyberpunk game which is quite okay. Some aspects like combat are very mediocre but damn did I have fun with it for the 12 or so hours it lasted. The fun was mostly in exploring the cyberpunk world (I like the art) with a nice little story. As mentioned combat is pretty simple, but still good fun at trying to do stealth playthrough as limiting as it was (enemies can't take stairs, and later enemies are impossible to take down silently). The hacking part is just a straight shoot-em-up.

As a first (not counting mobile) attempt of a game studio it was very good and it would be interesting to see what they crank out next. However, it seems the lead designer died shortly after development on Dex finished:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dreadlocks/dex-cyberpunk-2d-rpg/posts/1397813
They do have some non-cyberpunk games in development though.

This playthrough only served to increase my anticipation of Cyberpunk 2077. Can't wait, hurry up already.

Thimbleweed park. A point-and-click- adventure in the same vein as Monkey island and co. And it is perfect! If you wish for an old school adventure game that is. I suppose many backers of Broken age hoped to get this kind of game. The best part is that it is not too hard, but also not too easy. There were about 2 puzzles that I probably never would have gotten without the hint line (the radioactive one and the watch). For the rest it ticks all the traditional boxes: pixel art, wacky characters and weird story, fully voiced (!) and a bit of humor. The latter you love or hate depending on your taste. I got a couple of chuckles out of it.

Speaking of broken age, I still have to play part 2. As a backer I should have it somewhere, if I still know my password and website where to download... I liked Broken age part 1 well enough. Although it was too easy and at least part 1 was not very long for the amount of money they got (most money went to the voice actors I presumed, or it just shows how expensive game development really is). I did applaud them for their art style though, a breath of fresh air and kind of courageous as many people were expecting old pixel art (and didn't like the game because of it).

Just finished Far Cry New Dawn in two days didn't finish every boring side activity.

Now is it as bad as critics and gamer's make it out to be no. It's just the same formula they used since Far Cry 3, and it doesn't help it feels like an overpriced expansion.

Basically you kill the enemy, liberate strongholds, craft weapons, watch cut-scenes & learn a moral lesson in the process of playing. Yep same Ubisoft formula again.

Finished Nioh, got bored towards the end so didnt played the dlcs. Crap story and 95% japanese voice over were a letdown. Combat was great, overall easier than in souls games after you learn the moves and combos, only the bosses are way harder.

Did you play with kb/m or controller. If you played with or try kb/m any comments on how well the game plays without a controller ?

Finished Nioh, got bored towards the end so didnt played the dlcs. Crap story and 95% japanese voice over were a letdown. Combat was great, overall easier than in souls games after you learn the moves and combos, only the bosses are way harder.

Played with k&m, no problem, its easy to do combos, change stances and other things. First 2-3 hours are hard since on screen and menus you see only controller popups, so you need to learn the equivalent keyboard keys.

Enderal, a completely different game and location using the Skyrim assets, I believe. Whoever made this should have done Skyrim itself, it is challenging, totally engrossing, and makes you want to keep playing even if you've other things to do. I didn't complete all the side quests, but I did go through the main story line. If you already own Skyrim, this version is free, so that was the lure for me and it worked well. I'll say this: if you liked Skyrim's concept but found some things lacking or way too easy, Enderal will suit you like a glove. One warning though, this game is more challenging than Skyrim ever was, or at least how I remember it to be. While I've only ever played the base game once, and I'll never replay it, it wouldn't surprise me at all if I find myself replaying Enderal in the future.

How long was it ? I started it briefly (10 min) but between travels and other stuff not sure I wnat to play if it is a long game.

Enderal, a completely different game and location using the Skyrim assets, I believe. Whoever made this should have done Skyrim itself, it is challenging, totally engrossing, and makes you want to keep playing even if you've other things to do. I didn't complete all the side quests, but I did go through the main story line. If you already own Skyrim, this version is free, so that was the lure for me and it worked well. I'll say this: if you liked Skyrim's concept but found some things lacking or way too easy, Enderal will suit you like a glove. One warning though, this game is more challenging than Skyrim ever was, or at least how I remember it to be. While I've only ever played the base game once, and I'll never replay it, it wouldn't surprise me at all if I find myself replaying Enderal in the future.

I believe I put a total of forty hours into the game. The first two days it was crashing quite a bit, but after a few patches it seemed much more stable. I'm sure you could run through the main story line in under thirty hours, if just completing that was your only goal.

Back
Top Bottom