D:OS Tips & Hints

Divinity: Original Sin

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Just to spoil ppl.

Righty, I've posted elsewhere maybe I should have started as a pickpocketeer.
No. Not really. There is no need as once you pickpocket someone, next time you'll get caught most probably. And on low levels… Your sneak and pickpocket will be very low.

So what to do, what, what?!
- Loot everything you can but don't sell till you find or buy some barter +1 items.
- Go to merchants then sell expensive crap (paintings, gold plates, fold cups) with barter talented char.
- Recruit a thief that has pickpocket and sneak (you'll be level 3 or 4).
- Pick a target to steal from then buy everything from him with high barter char.
- Now use thief to sneak and steal - cash only! :D

Hmmm.... "Disciples of the watch" achievement? I'm thinking somebody here needs to get that one!

There are 2 possible party members in the very first town, which could make some fights easier … (Haven't tried it out yet).

Plus, remember what you have learned in the "Tutorial Dungeon" !

And think : What kind of damage could hurt that enemy most ? For example, the tale of fire and water ...

Scratch that tip of mine above.
Seems you don't need pickpocket anywhere at all.
I have so much money on my party after looting and selling stuff it's not normal. And there is no legendary item on vendors to spend money on. Or +1 skillbooks (I did buy one though, but that was the only one I've seen so far in the game anywhere). Dunno what to do with this crapload of cash honestly…

Never used the grail from DLC.

In short. If you're starting with a thief character, forget pickpocket skill.
Oh, and barter. Who needs it?!

Last edited:
Here is some very useful information when planning your character builds:

You will be able to buy +1 Attribute and +3 Skill Point books (one of each) once you unlock the Hall of Secrets in the End of Time area. Every time you gain a level, the Teller of Secrets will restock the books.

Hmmm…. "Disciples of the watch" achievement? I'm thinking somebody here needs to get that one!

I did that one yesterday. It's a very minor side quest.

For fights in the beginning:

Always pick up and carry as many oil barrels as possible. When you are go into a fight place them as far away from your party and as close to the enemy as possible. When the enemy is close use some sort of explosion arrow or spell to blow them up.

If you do it just right you can kill all the enemies in one shot. If done poorly you will blow yourself up.

. Dunno what to do with this crapload of cash honestly….

I have been sending so much stuff to my homestead I don't even know how much is there now.

I just tip heavy when buying anything...

Here is some very useful information when planning your character builds:

You will be able to buy +1 Attribute and +3 Skill Point books (one of each) once you unlock the Hall of Secrets in the End of Time area. Every time you gain a level, the Teller of Secrets will restock the books.

I did that one yesterday. It's a very minor side quest.

Thank you, I was or am 865 points away from my next level.

You guys might get a kick out of this. I'm not playing the game right now as I'm awaiting a few patches and because of this screenshot:

Attachments

• Original Sin.jpg
    Original Sin.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 106
I'm definetly not planning to put that many hours in it. I have a life you know... :p

I was beta-testing the game. I've played through Cyseal so many times I could do it in my sleep.

Tip : Do it like with the Gothic games : Explore only those areas where the enemies don't have an higher level than your party has ... There are enough bits here and there to get through this, although you've got to walk a lot through town & surroundings (you even get experience points for exploring areas !).

Second map tip:
Do the white witch quest = remove barrier from cabin quest first

you can find the remove spell hidden near many traps

Some more general hints and tips:

1) All vendors seem to restock after you gain a level. The exact time of restock is when you initiate trading with them.
2) Chest are populated with items when you open them. You can save-scum to get desirable items.
3) There are two vendors who regularly sell legendary weapons: the undead merchant in Hunter's Edge (near Arhu's cat form) and the interdimensional trader in the Homestead (will require quite a few inert stones to unlock)
4) Blood Stones do not cause new rooms to be opened in the Homestead. You must use them in order to make them Inert Stones. This is a pretty stupid design decision, since it encourages you to waste valuable healing items.
5) You will need a ridiculously high Perception score (14) later in the game to ensure the best ending. Hint: Temple of the Dead

Last edited:
Just to add something on #4 and #5

- You definetly need at least one blood stone for a quest. Alfie on the second map can be healed only with it! Dunno if there are more such quests but just so you know. I'm not sure if you can refill inert stones by some means as I'm not that late in the game, I dunno where Hunter's Edge is nor have unlocked extradimensional trader.

- There is a room you'll unlock with a demon that charges 1000 coins for respec. So don't worry if you upped speed on all characters instead of perception, you'll just respec attribs.

Uh, some tips are even spoilerish to me, because I'm still stuck in Cyseal ... :D

Where exactly, need a hint?

This was a big help to my character (edited or I thought it was)

Once you unlock the Hall of Darkness you can redistribute your character for 1000.00.(I am at level 13)

Well now, you lose all your spells that you have learned. I just re-loaded before I did this as I got in a fight and realized I didn't have any off them.

So if you really don't like your two many characters and don't mind buying the spells you want go for it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom