Welcome - introduce yourself!

Before there was any Internet, there were local PC Bulletin boards, many of which had games and gaming as subjects for discussion. I was gaming from the late 1970s, on an Apple ][ computer then. By the mid-1980s, I was assembling my own WinTel PCs. Back then, I taught computer subjects at the community college here.

CRPGs went downhill from the mid-2000s, and when the two monsters rose up at EA and at the other other one, I stopped buying new games. I hate Steam, and I hate Origin much worse than that.

Hey Kiwi,

that sounds quite bitter. Fortunately we are in much better times again with all the indie and AA productions again. Actually there is so much stuff coming out that it's hard to play all of it.

Man, I do miss the old bulletin boards. I miss them like every single time I fire up my computer. I used to be a member of five boards that I checked daily back then, nowadays I only look at three sites in total.

I'm not the biggest Steam fan, and I absolutely despise both Ubijunk and Origin. If a product requires either of those platforms to use, I simply will never buy nor play it. Ever. I try to get as many products as possible from good old games when I can. Most of the internet is pure junk, but there are a few bright spots.

Not hate, not anger, simply truth.

Before there was any Internet, there were local PC Bulletin boards, many of which had games and gaming as subjects for discussion. I was gaming from the late 1970s, on an Apple ][ computer then. By the mid-1980s, I was assembling my own WinTel PCs. Back then, I taught computer subjects at the community college here.

CRPGs went downhill from the mid-2000s, and when the two monsters rose up at EA and at the other other one, I stopped buying new games. I hate Steam, and I hate Origin much worse than that.

Welcome! And you'll fit right in! There's plenty of people here that dedicate their lives to hating on new games.

Hey Kiwi,

that sounds quite bitter. Fortunately we are in much better times again with all the indie and AA productions again. Actually there is so much stuff coming out that it's hard to play all of it.
The last game from any major CRPG source I bought was the first Dragon Age, which predated EA's Origin apron-strings limitations. I am about to start Pillars of Eternity.

The K.

Greeting from Texas, new to the forum, starting playing dungeons and dragons online after like 10 years of absence.

We do have a DDO guild though on Khyber server!! :)

Welcome Taramand! :)

Last edited:
Greetings from Turkey!

I play RPG games since I am 10 or 11. 32 years old now. Buying the games I will not finish and showcase them at my Steam library is my latest hobby.

Welcome cgtyky!

I guess lots of people share that hobby. But well...as long as you at least start them and have some fun with them... ^^

Hi. Oldschool gamer, old fan of RPGWatch back from the dot.com days. I probably have an ancient account associated with some old email but no luck remembering more.

Either way, I LOVE this place just for the memories lurking for so many years. Anyway, happy to find you all good people.

You ask why I joined today? Because unfortunately lately the forum is being infested with 2-3 noobs trolling the place and making it a mess and toxic place like RPGCodex.

So here I am, ready to discuss peacefully with the vast majority of the members, and make unfortamble clowns like Joxer and other ppl who downgrade this place. Thank you.

Hi. Oldschool gamer, old fan of RPGWatch back from the dot.com days. I probably have an ancient account associated with some old email but no luck remembering more.

Either way, I LOVE this place just for the memories lurking for so many years. Anyway, happy to find you all good people.

You ask why I joined today? Because unfortunately lately the forum is being infested with 2-3 noobs trolling the place and making it a mess and toxic place like RPGCodex.

So here I am, ready to discuss peacefully with the vast majority of the members, and make unfortamble clowns like Joxer and other ppl who downgrade this place. Thank you.
We do have moderators, to make sure this place does not downgrade to a level that is beyond the TOS. Anything else may well get on your nerve but that is not against the TOS, per se. :)

Anyway, welcome KiC! Always nice to see a longtime lurker.

Yeah, got to keep those Mods honest!! :) Welcome.

While we're on the subject, there's a handful of obvious spammers cheerfully plying their trade on here, by mixing in some random phony comments, in order to blend in. I've reported them a few times. Is the policy to left them get on with it?

Back
Top Bottom