The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

I'll be breaking up the Borovia set quicker than I'll get 7AP anyway. Any decent piece of Sharn gear will probably tip the scales toward re-gearing. Appreciate the info, though.

It stacks with striding. That's why, if you remember, Rachail was able to zip in ahead of everyone else; 30% striding + the Bard striding.

Warchanter also has a speed boost thing, but it's an AoE that helps the party. Fleeting Footsteps. Basically a passive up to 15% striding boost, that stacks. Tier 5 though, unfortunately.

These were the basis for my Fastest Thing Alive build I wrote out but never did. Barbarian 10% + Warchanter 15% + Bard 15% on a 16/2/3 build. It'd also have 4 cleaves in heroic; Supreme, Greater, regular, and Spinning Ice.

Hmm… I may have a build for my next Friday character.

To get the chain done, I did "Toxic Treatment" with Alrih on normal difficulty.
That quest went straight up (again) into my top 5 most-hated quests.
I don't have any wish or desire to do that chain again.

Besides, regarding Crystal Cove : There are a few relatively good items there, I think. The Cavalry Armor, for example, is "live-sealed". Plus, for this year they had added new rewards there.

Anyone else ready to weigh in? Thinned mine down a bit more.
OK then… A summary of options, if you will, not necessarily in any order:

TD - pale master / gimpy death cleric
Az - mutt trap monkey / Usain Bolt / TBD
Alrik -
Peter -
Corwin -
JM -
CM -
Fuzz??? -

Still thinking about it, but I seem to have about a hundred different rune arms in my shared bank, so maybe it's time for me to run an arti again.

In my case, it will either be a Cleric again (Cinderheart [Aasimar] or Kriita [Tiefling]), or a caster (Tiktaalik [Warforged one] or Wiita [Human]).

Playing a caster would free me from the current frustrations I have that I have barely anything to do because casters kill everything before my eyes.

I think I can run my tiefling fire sorc again. He seems to be pretty useful. When he gets to 20 I will quickly run him up to 30 before ETR and TR back for the next run.

An alternative could be to run him as a DPS paladin. We will see how many DPS casters we get. Most of my paladin gear used on another alt is BTA so easy to transfer.

We always have our alts to run before the next TR group is ready so I guess it's not urgent to make the decision.

In my case, it will either be a Cleric again (Cinderheart [Aasimar] or Kriita [Tiefling]), or a caster (Tiktaalik [Warforged one] or Wiita [Human]).

Playing a caster would free me from the current frustrations I have that I have barely anything to do because casters kill everything before my eyes.

You have to change this to casters or ranged. Crossbow builds usually hit the mobs even before the casters get a chance.

An interesting option for you could be to run a paladin using a longbow as favored weapon. Then you have the armor of a melee, but contribution as a ranged.

Having said that I don't have a problem getting my fair share of kills on my DPS greatsword paladin. You just have to play like paladins do and rush into battle before the others hoping you kill the mobs fast enough for them not to kill you before the rest of the party catches up.

In the newer quests where particularly the bosses and champs have lots of hp's then a melee DPS toon is great to have. Fighter, monk, barb or paladin. All work well. You get the aggro and lock them to you while the others get time to finish off the trash and help you on the boss.

If you combine a melee dps with a healer then you have a winning combination. Just make sure you invest quite a bit of points into intimidate so the mobs just don't run past you to the ranged or casters behind you.

I think we have usually missed a intimidate toon in our guild runs. Cm's warlock is the only one I can think of. That is so useful in big mob groups.

If you invest 41 points into Knight of the Chalice and the rest into Sacred Defender then you can become tank like. On heroic you don't need to be super high on PRR or AC to be usable as a tank. In some quests you can always swap the greatsword into a longsword + shield to get the extra tank boost.

If I get a dps paladin for the next group I might try that myself. Otherwise my sorc is pretty useful clearing mobs as you described. However, sorcerers tend to run out of mana while melees and ranged are always useful.

OK then… A summary of options, if you will, not necessarily in any order:

TD - pale master / gimpy death cleric
Az - mutt trap monkey / Usain Bolt bard / TBD
Alrik - cleric of undefined flavor / caster of undefined flavor
Peter - fire sorc / DPS pally
Corwin - arti trap monkey / TBD
JM -
CM -
Fuzz??? -
The current alt group was such a hash that we might be better just leaving them as alts and starting a fresh group from the bottom. We'll see when the time comes. We've got a lot of playing to do on the current mains and we're approaching the holiday season when we'll have more absences.

Got Shadohe's ETR done last night. Once I wrap up her build, I'll do the TR and she'll be available as a gnomish pale master.

Doing the build is a little tougher. The builder that I liked was abandoned by the original programmer and the folks that picked up the pieces have struggled to get the most recent changes incorporated. Oddly, they got alchemist shoehorned in but apparently never got around to updating the pale master tree. Booooooo. I tried another builder but it appeared that one didn't print a level guide for spending on enhancements, which is my principle desire for a builder in the first place.

Meh, 41 points into PM, a few points into gnome for color spray, at least early on. Rest into EK for some durability and AM for some extra goodies.

I will most likely be working Friday night, as we're finishing up a state job and tonight we're rained out. Depends on tomorrow night though, both if we're able to run (which depends on the rain) and how much the road crew foreman dicks around (he held us up for over 3 hours Monday night). I think it's not much left, so there's a possibility we'll be finished tomorrow night. Maybe 200-300 tons?

@dte, you could search through the forums ? There have been so many builds, that there might perhaps be there what you are looking for as well ?

There is also a thread over there called "request - get a build". https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/117232-Request-a-Build-Get-a-Build

I've decided that I probably won't participate as well.
Really depends on how I feel, then.
Today I was just not feeling good and I might need the additional sleep. And yes, I do know that it still is Thursday here.

Please plan so that I might be replaced if I really won't come in.

I have found that I indeed sometimes miss the additional sleep, because the Friday run is from night to midnight/past midnight to 3-5 in the morning in my case, and sleeping in the morning just isn't the same as sleeping through the night, Melatonin and such.

Therefore I've decided to take a break from the Friday run every now and then, but of course I'll inform you when I feel like that.

When I take such a break I might still be online for a bit, but just not from midnight to 3-5 local time here.

Edit : I just found that the Feywild Expansion is coming AFTER Update 47 : https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthre...feywild-pack?p=6363314&viewfull=1#post6363314

Last edited:
Well, I feel much better now. I can participate, although I still hesitate to be online until 4 or 5 in the morning.

I have even upgraded things a little bit : I bought myself a cheap keyboard with background illumination ... It even has my favourite colour !
But since it is rather a "gaming" keyboard, writing with it feels a bit awkward. I'll use my standard keyboard for that at daylight. ;)

My second upgrade is a cheap headset, but I'm not sure whether I'll get the cables properly connected tonight.

The bonus days are somehow not in the dev tracker, I found that on twitter :

DDO Bonus Days bring you +5% Reaper XP, now through September 27th! #DDO

Adventure and Advance!
Get 20% off:
Select Adventure Packs
Quest XP Elixirs
Now through October 1st

Weekly Coupon
Honey Hair Dye
Coupon Code HONEYHAIR
Now through October 1st!

And in the forums there was a pointing out towards the "Tracker Desktop Utility", which is meant tp help with quests : https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/516606-DDO-Tracker-Desktop-Utility

Alrik, the build itself isn't too difficult. Like Az said, a bunch of points in PM and a splash in AM and you're pretty well there. It was more about printing the recipe so I could stay organized than anything else. The good news is that I grabbed the latest version of the program and PM has been fixed. So, ultimately, much ado about nothing.

I've still got the option of bringing Phuury around again when the time comes with my Medicine Man gimpy death cleric. The pale master would be a decent solo toon so it's not like Shadohe will be stuck in something unworkable.

OK then, we might have a full house again this week.

Start off with the obligatory DA. Az can take a cat nap for 25 minutes. Then we'll split and start rocking Sharn. Lost at Sea first, then Sharn1. We might have a decent shot at finishing the first chain before people start going narcoleptic.

Back
Top Bottom