Couchpotato's Random RPG News

Does Anyone Read This Thread for News?

• Yes

Votes: 53 89.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
Didn't that game have severe performance issues, even on high-end systems, and bugs? They'd have to do a serious work to port it on console. Unless it's been addressed since then.
Yep the same problems with every CryEninge game. Just look at the new Crysis remasters they are a mess. Still the game did run fine on high for me though.

Just don't use the enhanced textures pack, but yeah I still get texture problems.

Last edited:
Nod Alrik, I find myself currently in a similar situation, since I've decided to stick with Windows Seven, for the time being. On balance though, I'm far more concerned about not being able to play classic games that I know I love and enjoy rather than current/future offerings that I'm not certain about.

I think I shouldn't say this, but I'm still using Win7, too.
I just couldn't get myself into buying the newes OSses.
Any time I look at screenshots of them in magazines I feel as if I'd be taken hostage for microsoft design decisions. And not offering any other design by MS is lame, like "if you don't like our food, the cook yourself what you want ! You'll pay for our decision anyway, though … And twice, if you want something different ...".

And I got an update for Windows seven just last week, so they're still rolling them out. I'll likely bite the bullet when this computer dies, it's over ten years old now so I suspect it'll happen sooner rather than later. Even then, should that replacement happen in the next year or two, I'll be going for ten, at least by now most of the kinks should have been fully sussed out.

Fextralife's This week in RPGS

Elden Ring Most Played Game with Almost A Million Concurrent Players, Forspoken Delayed to October, Dolmen Cosmic Horror Soulslike, Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak Digital Event, Lost Ark Grand Prix Racing and New Content, King Arthur Knight's Tale April Release, PlayStation State of Play New Game Announcements, Outward Definitive Edition on this week of Top RPG News.
RPG Codex's Wasteland 3 Review
If "reactivity and choice" was the mantra for Wasteland 2, then Wasteland 3 adds "transparency and accessibility" as another design pillar. inXile pulled off a heavily-reactive turn-based, party-based RPG that looks and sounds slick and is largely frustration-free when it comes to starting and playing. They re-examined their systems and modified them without throwing out the baby with the bathwater, in contrast to other studios who have tried to do the same in the past. Sure, it's not the second coming of Jagged Alliance 2, and no, it's not a party-based Fallout, but it's my favorite Wasteland game. Its status as the 2020 RPG Codex Game of the Year is well-deserved.
Elden Ring How It Got Translated - PC Gamer
When Ryan Morris, long time localizer and translator of FromSoftware games, first saw Demon's Souls, he wasn't impressed. His first exposure to the series was the opening cutscene for the RPG that started it all, and it clocked as awkward.
Warren Spector Finally Implies System Shock 3 is Dead
When asked about what has been happening at OtherSide and the circumstances around the ending of development on System Shock 3, Spector said: "We released a statement last year. There's not much more to say at this point. Tencent is taking the franchise forward. It'll be up to them to say what they want to say. There's not much clarification I can give you."
Skyrim Grandma Receives Gift Package From Bethesda
Bethesda released The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim in 2011 and the game has reached more players through multiple upgrades and ports since then. One of Skyrim's most dedicated fans is Shirley Curry, also known as Skyrim Grandma, and she has been recognized by Bethesda on multiple occasions, including recently when the team sent her a gift package.
Unofficial Patch 11.1 released for Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines
Wesp5 has released a brand new unofficial patch for Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines. In case you weren't aware, the Unofficial Patch is a combination of the default Basic Patch which mostly fixes bugs only, and the optional Plus Patch, which is kind of a mod adding various tweaks and restoring a lot of unused content, including new quests, levels, weapons, items, characters, dialogue, graphics, models, sounds and original music.
First-PersonCamera Mod released for ELEX 2
Modder Sangeki has released a simple first-person camera mod for Piranha Bytes latest RPG, ELEX 2. In case you were unaware, ELEX II is a third-person RPG. Thus, and as the title implies, this mod will let you play the game via a first-person perspective.

Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising - 28 Minutes of Gameplay

Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising's community manager guides you through the first 28 minutes of gameplay in the upcoming town-building action-RPG that's set in the same world as Eiyuden Chronicle.
Ashen Developer Announces Open-World ARPG Flintlock - Steam & Epic Games

Enjoy the cinematic reveal trailer for Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn, a new open-world action-RPG from the creators of Ashen. You play as Nor, and you'll utilize your guns, magic, and your animal companion to fight for the fate of humanity. Flintlock is due out this year for PC (on Steam and the Epic Games Store), PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. It will be available on Xbox Game Pass on launch day as well.
Angelic Dark Sci-fi Strategy RPG Partner Showcase

Angelic Announces $10 Million Investment Co-Led by Animoca Brands and Pantera Capital, along with Many Other Blockchain Industry Giants

Other investors include Everyrealm, Solana Ventures, OKX Blockdream Ventures, Mechanism Capital, Morningstar Ventures, Huobi Ventures, Shima Capital, and many reputable guilds such as Ancient8 and Rainmaker.

The company's flagship game, Angelic, is what received the attention of investors and partners. Making a game that's immersive and fun to play has been the solid focus of Angelic's game industry veteran workforce. With that primary focus of creating a better gaming experience, Angelic's developers also decided to incorporate the latest blockchain technology features of the Solana blockchain into their game.
Hogwarts Legacy State of Play set for March 17 - Gematsu
Sony Interactive Entertainment, in partnership with Warner Bros. Games and Avalanche Software, will host a special edition State of Play dedicated entirely to Hogwarts Legacy on March 17 at 2:00 p.m. PT / 5:00 p.m. ET, the company announced.
Darkest Dungeon II - Plague Doctor Hero Paths
Some paths are available for all heroes: Wanderers appear as a default and confer no special bonuses. Apprentices have 1 of their skills already mastered. Rarest of all, Masters will have every skill upgraded already. Additionally, there are two paths per class that are unique to that hero type. Paths are persistent, passive buffs/debuffs that encourage different playstyles and party comps.

That's some shitty news about System Shock 3, but I suppose it was inevitable.
So Underworld Ascendant will be the only game from OtherSide?

So Underworld Ascendant will be the only game from OtherSide?
There was a news-bit about that on the last page.:)

Warren Spector Developing New IP -Triplepoint PR
OtherSide Entertainment, the video game studio founded by industry visionaries Paul Neurath and Warren Spector, confirmed that a new Warren Spector game is in development. The pioneer behind seminal titles like System Shock and Deus Ex, Spector is now working on an immersive simulation based on a completely new intellectual property developed by OtherSide.

I guess that's where the System Shock 3 money went, then. I hope it works out for them!

So You Want To Play Black Geyser (New Player Guide)

Going over the basics of playing the deep cRPG that is Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness!
Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters Developer Diary #3

In the third and final entry to our three-part Developer Diary series, Complex Games Creative Director Noah Decter-Jackson, Lead Designer Peter Schnabl and Chief Technology Officer Adrian Cheater introduce us to the Baleful Edict/s crew and ship systems, along with the roster of characters, you will lead in the fight against Nurgle and his minions.
Expeditions: Rome Developer Diary - Legion Battle Update and Gamepad
Ave! After a small break, we have another DevDiary for you with an update on two of the major things we've been working on for Expeditions: Rome. Since our last update, we've made excellent progress on the new legion battle system, and we're pleased to report that it's shaping up to be a lot more interesting than the old minigame. At the same time, we've been working to improve our gamepad support to get rid of the cursor emulation in most parts of the game, to make it a better experience to play Rome from the comfort of your couch.
EA Play Live 2022 is Dead - IGN
We love EA Play Live as it's our way of connecting with our players and sharing what's new with all of you. However, this year things aren't lining up to show you everything on one date. We have exciting things happening at our world-class studios and this year we'll reveal much more about these projects when the time is right for each of them. We look forward to spending time with you throughout the year!

Last edited:
I guess that's where the System Shock 3 money went, then. I hope it works out for them!

I'm surprised OtherSide is still in business tbh. They've been around since 2013 and have only released 2 games, neither of which seemed very successful.

Oddly enough, they never took down their page for System Shock 3.

Turn-based Tactical RPG Lost Eidolons to release in Q3 2022 - Steam

Greetings Tacticians, We're thrilled to officially announce the Q3 2022 launch of Lost Eidolons on Xbox and PC!

That's right, you will be able to play on either Xbox or PC (via Steam) when we release the full game.

To that end, we need to test Lost Eidolons running smoothly on Xbox. So it's time for Closed Beta 2!

Coming in the last week of April, CB2 will run on both Xbox and Steam.
Bethesda Dev Diary Into the Starfield: Episode 2 - Made for Wanderers

How is the team at Bethesda Game Studios approaching their latest rich, immersive and compelling RPG experience? How are they bringing their core DNA to the next generation of consoles with Starfield? Get fresh insights from Game Director Todd Howard, Design Director Emil Pagliarulo, Lead Quest Designer Will Shen and Lead Artist Istvan Pely in ‘Into the Starfield: Made for Wanderers’ and keep an eye out for future episodes. .
Elden Ring Sells 12 million Units Worldwide - RPGsite
Bandai Namco has announced (PDF, via) that Elden Ring has sold 12 million units worldwide, with more than 1 million units sold in Japan.
To put that number into some perspective, Dark Souls III had shipped 3 million units worldwide in the month after its release in 2016, with the entire Dark Souls franchise at 13 million units at that point. Safe to say, Elden Ring looks to be a massive success.

Interestingly in Bandai Namco's announcement today, the publisher states "Please look forward to more of Elden Ring as an IP (characters and other intellectual property) in hopes of expanding beyond the realm of games." So it looks like Elden Ring will not just be a one-and-done product, and we can expect more from the collaborative effort between Bandai Namco, George R. R. Martin, and FromSoftware.

I'm not sure I can enjoy watching the hype-building discussions in those Bethesda videos anymore. :-/ Some real footage and actual information would be so much more convincing.

Talking about information, we should have more on Hogwarts Legacy today at State of Play, looking forward to it.

I'm not sure I can enjoy watching the hype-building discussions in those Bethesda videos anymore. :-/

Then don't watch them, put the game on 'ignore' on Steam and live happily ever after... simple :biggrin: .

When did their start to show actual information before FO4?

Back
Top Bottom