Hard West 2 - Preview @ Kordanor's Gaming Lair

I never finished playing the first game. I recall the combat was decent and setting was breath of fresh air, but I just wished it was more a cRPG instead of simply a tactics game.

I never finished playing the first game. I recall the combat was decent and setting was breath of fresh air, but I just wished it was more a cRPG instead of simply a tactics game.

It seems like the second game is going to do that. At least it seems so. In the demo it spent a bit of time to establish the characters, their personality and so on.

It would surprise me, if they are switching between two parties again.

Love your previews Kordanor.

I'm planning to watch this, Kordanor, as I've enjoyed your reviews in the past. And I might replay the first game before picking this one up.

I'm planning to watch this, Kordanor, as I've enjoyed your reviews in the past. And I might replay the first game before picking this one up.

Thank you!

This is just a preview though, which are much less elaborated then my reviews. Just saying, dont want to set wrong expectations :D

Also checked in Discord again regarding continuitiy and having a real RPG party progression. The answer was:
In Hard West 2, you have a continuous story. The posse does have guests, and sometimes missions that are specific to help you learn more about its members, but it stays together for most of the game

About the party, it was fun to see that you had to gain the trust of other characters before they became real companions. It suggests they could otherwise leave the party.

I spent some time with the Beta last night. I like it more than I can recall liking the first game.

I played through the prologue and the first town. The cast seems interesting enough. Combat still seems a little on the simplistic side though, and I wish it had overwatch. The overworld map feels improved, and there's a sense of exploration this time. I like the special abilities or at least the ones I've seen so far.

Back
Top Bottom