|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Realms Beyond - An Adventurer’s Tools

Default Realms Beyond - An Adventurer’s Tools

October 21st, 2018, 01:21
There was a strategy game by some russians in mid 2000 that had fantastic interaction. Shoot the legs out of a tower and it falls. Well ok perhaps not the same kind of interaction. Hum what was the name - silent storm? Oh well. don't remember the interaction in divine divinity and orignal sin - well they were formula - i wouldn't really call that interaction….

Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
They kind of succeeded with it in Divine Divinity … Ever made real honey yourself in an RPG ? I really loved that part. Or dishwashing as a quest ?

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)

October 21st, 2018, 06:08
Silent Storm was amazing. Besides the Panzerkleins anyway.

edit: Wouldn't call it a strategy game though, it was like JA2. So, "tactical RPG" perhaps.
Last edited by Stingray; October 21st, 2018 at 06:38.

Stingray

SasqWatch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
+1:

October 21st, 2018, 08:50
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
Silent Storm was amazing. Besides the Panzerkleins anyway.
Yeah, the Panzerkleins ruined an otherwise incredible game. Luckily there are mods to replace them with other units.

Darkheart

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

October 21st, 2018, 11:15
Will this game done, even with no crowdfunding campaign success?

griniaris

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

October 21st, 2018, 14:41
What is a Panzerklein ? Literally translated, this means "tanksmall".
--
“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

October 21st, 2018, 15:28
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
What is a Panzerklein ? Literally translated, this means "tanksmall".
Yep, "small tanks" is what it was supposed to mean I think. They were powered armor suits. Keep in mind this was a WW2 game, so it was kind of silly.

Stingray

SasqWatch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

October 21st, 2018, 15:29
Originally Posted by griniaris View Post
Will this game done, even with no crowdfunding campaign success?
Most likely not as full-time indie project anymore but as side project. But that would take much longer to complete because we all need to get day jobs again.

More important: If we can't reach our goal of approx. 2500 backers, we need to accept the fact, that the target audience is much smaller than expected. In that scenario, the project won't be financially sustainable for a team of 10-15 devs like us in long-term.

But let's wait how it goes, I am optimistic, even without any visibility on mainstream gaming sites.
--
Realms Beyond
A party-based fantasy role-playing game with tactical turn-based combat and full character customization.

HobGoblin42

Roaming.

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

October 21st, 2018, 16:02
Originally Posted by HobGoblin42 View Post
But let's wait how it goes, I am optimistic, even without any visibility on mainstream gaming sites.
I have been wondering about that. Did you contact them or not at all?
I saw some news bits on German game magazin sites (Gamestar, PC Games) but nothing on international sites like PC Gamer or RPS.

Darkheart

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

October 21st, 2018, 17:05
Originally Posted by Darkheart View Post
I have been wondering about that. Did you contact them or not at all?
I saw some news bits on German game magazin sites (Gamestar, PC Games) but nothing on international sites like PC Gamer or RPS.
I contacted some personally, let's see what they can do (usually not much because magazines often cooperate with PR agencies only).

But in general, it's very difficult to motivate them to reporte about running Kickstarter campaign.
--
Realms Beyond
A party-based fantasy role-playing game with tactical turn-based combat and full character customization.

HobGoblin42

Roaming.

October 21st, 2018, 20:42
To be honest I think the video streamers would be a better bet than the major magazines. Those seem to get instant reaction also if you could get xile, larian, Chris Avellone, or similar to endorse the game that would help. I'm not sure if any of them have actually viewed the game at the various game shows and it would have helped to get endorsements before the kickstarter rather than near the end but …..

I contacted some personally, let's see what they can do (usually not much because magazines often cooperate with PR agencies only).

But in general, it's very difficult to motivate them to reporte about running Kickstarter campaign.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)

October 21st, 2018, 22:28
Originally Posted by you View Post
Those seem to get instant reaction also if you could get xile, larian, Chris Avellone, or similar to endorse the game that would help.
Unfortunately, I don't really know any of them in person. Met some of them at the GDC, but never face to face.
--
Realms Beyond

HobGoblin42

Roaming.

October 21st, 2018, 23:28
Well, my personal impression was that at least a few publishers / developers at the Games Com even knew RPGWatch. That the Watch knows about the game and writes about it / the developers could be an entry, I guess …
--
“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

October 22nd, 2018, 00:03
Unfortunately, I don't really know any of them in person. Met some of them at the GDC, but never face to face.
Well you could always try Twitter it usually gets their attention.

Brain Fargo - https://twitter.com/brianfargo
Swen Vincke - https://twitter.com/LarAtLarian
Chris Avellone - https://twitter.com/ChrisAvellone
Feargus Urquhart - https://twitter.com/Feargus

Just make a small tweet about your project.
--
"Proud to Be a Small Minded Poorly Educated Republican. Trump 2020."

Check out my RPG News Thread usually updated daily.

Couchpotato

Basement Dweller

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
+1:

October 22nd, 2018, 01:04
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Well you could always try Twitter it usually gets their attention.

Brain Fargo - https://twitter.com/brianfargo
Swen Vincke - https://twitter.com/LarAtLarian
Chris Avellone - https://twitter.com/ChrisAvellone
Feargus Urquhart - https://twitter.com/Feargus

Just make a small tweet about your project.
I am following them since years, but it doesn't feel right for me to tweet them obtrusively to look at our project.
But, I would honestly know their opinion about the campaign in general. We came late to the old-school RPG revival party and our game isn't at the same production level as Larian&Co, but I think, we share the same intentions.

Btw, a new update is there.
--
Realms Beyond

HobGoblin42

Roaming.

+1:

October 23rd, 2018, 04:01
@HobGoblin42 You may want to contact Cliqist if you haven't. http://cliqist.com/developers/ They only cover indie / crowdfunding games so much more likely to do an article than mainstream sites. I did send a brief note about RB but perhaps it would be better if they hear directly from you.
--
Currently Playing: Heroine's Quest, Quest For Infamy, Planescape: Torment

daveyd

Turn-based lifeform

October 23rd, 2018, 09:02
Backed for the Boxed edition. Can't resist adding that box next to my complete gold box collection.
--
Favourite RPGs of all time: Wizardry 6, Ultima 7/7.2, Fallout2, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 2+TOB, Jagged Alliance 2, Ravenloft: The stone prophet, Gothic 2, Realms of Arkania:Blade of destiny (not the HD version!!) and Secret of the Silver Blades.

bjon045

Keeper of the Watch

October 23rd, 2018, 10:51
Originally Posted by you View Post
To be honest I think the video streamers would be a better bet than the major magazines. Those seem to get instant reaction also if you could get xile, larian, Chris Avellone, or similar to endorse the game that would help. I'm not sure if any of them have actually viewed the game at the various game shows and it would have helped to get endorsements before the kickstarter rather than near the end but …..
Wasnt Gronkh very fond of old CRPGS? He is also 40something so he should the right generation to know them from his youth. Otherwise a streamer specialized in this genre? dont know one cause I am more in the PnP branch of RPGs

Pixellance

Traveler

October 23rd, 2018, 16:28
Originally Posted by Pixellance View Post
Wasnt Gronkh very fond of old CRPGS? He is also 40something so he should the right generation to know them from his youth. Otherwise a streamer specialized in this genre? dont know one cause I am more in the PnP branch of RPGs
I don't think he is playing such games anymore. We have some contacts to streamer already but the game isn't polished enough to give out alpha versions for YT.

Btw, a new micro update. If you like maps, check it out.
--
Realms Beyond

HobGoblin42

Roaming.

+1:

October 23rd, 2018, 16:32
I don't think he is playing such games anymore. We have some contacts to streamer already but the game isn't polished enough to give out alpha versions for YT.

Big twitch streamer CohhCarnage likes these games and likes to support their Kickstarters.
He is just playing Pathfinder Kingmaker that he was also a backer of.
Maybe you can contact him and he gives you a shoutout. If nothing else, other people will notice you through him.

Archangel

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

October 23rd, 2018, 21:38

That's a really good idea for a stretch goal; one of the better ones I've seen. Her work is impressive.

rjshae

Periapt vs Paronomasia
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Realms Beyond - An Adventurer’s Tools