Quantcast
Pricewatch! - Page 378 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Pricewatch!

Default Pricewatch!

November 1st, 2017, 02:23
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth on GoG now for 3.99:

https://www.gog.com/game/call_of_cth…s_of_the_earth

It is mentioned that they fixed the bugs in this gem.
SpoonFULL is offline

SpoonFULL

SpoonFULL's Avatar
SasqWatch

#7541

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,875
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default 

November 1st, 2017, 05:40
Painkiller: Black edition is on sale for only $2 on steam right now for Halloween, 80% off (normal price of $10) This sale will end in around 12-13 hours as of the time this is posted, so grab it now if you are a first person shooter fan and never played it! I just picked it up because I played this game back when it was new, and loved it.

I like that they put it on sale for Halloween, lol, that is very appropriate considering the games content. (a frantic first person shooter, fighting hordes of monsters, and the monster variety is especially good in this one, tons of cool different types of monsters and bosses to fight)
--
To check out my games library, and see what recent games I'm playing, visit my steam profile! -- http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197982351404
Arkadia7 is offline

Arkadia7

Arkadia7's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

#7542

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pacific NorthWest, USA!
Posts: 926
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

November 1st, 2017, 06:20
Originally Posted by Arkadia7 View Post
I like that they put it on sale for Halloween, lol, that is very appropriate considering the games content. (a frantic first person shooter, fighting hordes of monsters, and the monster variety is especially good in this one, tons of cool different types of monsters and bosses to fight)
I thought variety was one of the weakest aspects of Painkiller. It seemed like I was fighting the same handful of monster types over and over again. Not a bad game though especially at that price.
JDR13 is offline

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#7543

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 23,718
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Default 

November 1st, 2017, 10:13
Eh? I thought the opposite, at least in comparison to Doom, Quske, and Half-life back in the day.
Thrasher is offline

Thrasher

Thrasher's Avatar
Wheeee!

#7544

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Studio City, CA
Posts: 14,551
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Default 

November 1st, 2017, 13:39
Painkiller: Black Edition is also on GoG for 1.59 now. I also remember that it had quite a good variety of settings and enemies in the game - brilliant stuff.

I would also recommend Overdose - huge bosses and new setting. It is also on sale in GoG for 0.99.
SpoonFULL is offline

SpoonFULL

SpoonFULL's Avatar
SasqWatch

#7545

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,875
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default 

November 1st, 2017, 15:04
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
Eh? I thought the opposite, at least in comparison to Doom, Quske, and Half-life back in the day.
Those games aren't from the same era though. Painkiller wasn't released until 2004.

I thought it was ok. The visuals were good for its time, but it was too repetitive for me. I think one reason is because, by then, shooters had started to evolve past just shoot, kill, repeat, and I wanted something more in terms of a story/plot.
JDR13 is offline

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#7546

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 23,718
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Default 

November 1st, 2017, 18:30
Originally Posted by lostforever View Post
Elex for 9 or $11 dollars!!!! This is legal and you need twitch app and amazon/twitch prime.

This is not steam or gog key.

You need to log in yo tour twitch prime account to see the reduce price.

https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/ELEX/details



More info,

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/c…_less_than_12/
Does this still exist? I don't personally have Amazon Prime, but my GF does. Perhaps I can convince her to log into her account while I use my payment information. To me that's a steal, but I'm not sure where the download source is (and for that matter, how would the game receive updates?).
--
~Watching since 2007~
Ragnaris is offline

Ragnaris

Ragnaris's Avatar
Watchdog

#7547

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: California, USA
Posts: 222
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Default 

November 1st, 2017, 18:49
Originally Posted by Ragnaris View Post
Does this still exist? I don't personally have Amazon Prime, but my GF does. Perhaps I can convince her to log into her account while I use my payment information. To me that's a steal, but I'm not sure where the download source is (and for that matter, how would the game receive updates?).
Unfortunately no, its back to $60
lostforever is offline

lostforever

lostforever's Avatar
SasqWatch

#7548

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 3,485
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default 

November 1st, 2017, 19:06
CDKeys has Elex for 30$ or so. At least that was the price yesterday.
Gorath is offline

Gorath

Gorath's Avatar
Prime Evil
Moderator
RPGWatch Team
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#7549

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 7,890
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

November 1st, 2017, 19:23
Originally Posted by Gorath View Post
CDKeys has Elex for 30$ or so. At least that was the price yesterday.
While it's not an open market place where everyone can sell their stuff, they are not an authorized reseller either, meaning the sources are unknown and might include stolen keys:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/…m_for/dnjlyn2/
--
Doing >Let's Plays< and >Reviews< in German. Latest Review: Vision
Mostly playing Indie titles, including Strategy, Tactics and Roleplaying-Games.
And here is a list of all games I ever played.
Kordanor is offline

Kordanor

Kordanor's Avatar
Wastelander

#7550

Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,679
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Default 

November 1st, 2017, 19:37
Originally Posted by Gorath View Post
CDKeys has Elex for 30$ or so. At least that was the price yesterday.
30 euro you mean? its showing 37 dollars.
lostforever is offline

lostforever

lostforever's Avatar
SasqWatch

#7551

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 3,485
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default 

November 1st, 2017, 20:11
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Those games aren't from the same era though. Painkiller wasn't released until 2004.

I thought it was ok. The visuals were good for its time, but it was too repetitive for me. I think one reason is because, by then, shooters had started to evolve past just shoot, kill, repeat, and I wanted something more in terms of a story/plot.
Yeah, I was comparing the games I had played up until that time. I agree the game play is simple. In a Serious Sam sort of style. Never did find much better though until later when shooter gameplay evolved to include RPG, sneaking, multiplayer, etc… elements.
Thrasher is offline

Thrasher

Thrasher's Avatar
Wheeee!

#7552

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Studio City, CA
Posts: 14,551
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Default 

November 1st, 2017, 21:28
Originally Posted by lostforever View Post
30 euro you mean? its showing 37 dollars.
Yeah, that's what it's showing for me as well, but that's a great deal for ELEX.

Also, the new Wolfenstein for $35 and Prey for $20.

Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
Yeah, I was comparing the games I had played up until that time. I agree the game play is simple. In a Serious Sam sort of style. Never did find much better though until later when shooter gameplay evolved to include RPG, sneaking, multiplayer, etc… elements.
Yeah, they did try to ape Serious Sam. There were shooters released that same year that I thought were better. Far Cry, The Chronicles of Riddick, Half-Life 2, etc. Though to be fair, those aren't pure shooters in the same style.
JDR13 is offline

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#7553

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 23,718
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

November 1st, 2017, 21:46
I agree those are more varied. I like them about as much. For me the attraction of Painkiller was dealing with large swarms of monsters. Much more a reflex challenge than anything else. I doubt I could do it now….
Thrasher is offline

Thrasher

Thrasher's Avatar
Wheeee!

#7554

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Studio City, CA
Posts: 14,551
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

November 2nd, 2017, 04:37
Originally Posted by Gorath View Post
CDKeys has Elex for 30$ or so. At least that was the price yesterday.
Interesting. I wonder how credible CDKeys is as a source. I've never been there before today. Aside from GoG and Steam, the only other place I've purchased a key was from GreenManGaming, and that was a few years back.
--
~Watching since 2007~
Ragnaris is offline

Ragnaris

Ragnaris's Avatar
Watchdog

#7555

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: California, USA
Posts: 222
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

November 2nd, 2017, 04:56
Originally Posted by Ragnaris View Post
Interesting. I wonder how credible CDKeys is as a source. I've never been there before today. Aside from GoG and Steam, the only other place I've purchased a key was from GreenManGaming, and that was a few years back.
Opinions vary, but CDKeys has been around for years, and several members here, myself included, have purchased from them without issue.
JDR13 is offline

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#7556

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 23,718
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Default 

November 2nd, 2017, 05:03
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Opinions vary, but CDKeys has been around for years, and several members here, myself included, have purchased from them without issue.
Fascinating. I'll take your word for it, then (anywhere else and I might still find it questionable). I see $37 as a pretty fair deal - almost a 23% discount just two weeks after it released!
--
~Watching since 2007~
Ragnaris is offline

Ragnaris

Ragnaris's Avatar
Watchdog

#7557

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: California, USA
Posts: 222
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Default 

November 2nd, 2017, 05:14
Originally Posted by Ragnaris View Post
Fascinating. I'll take your word for it, then (anywhere else and I might still find it questionable). I see $37 as a pretty fair deal - almost a 23% discount just two weeks after it released!
Wolfenstein is even more heavily discounted despite being released just last week. I'll probably grab that from there in the next few days.
JDR13 is offline

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#7558

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 23,718
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Default 

November 2nd, 2017, 12:11
Originally Posted by Ragnaris View Post
Fascinating. I'll take your word for it, then (anywhere else and I might still find it questionable). I see $37 as a pretty fair deal - almost a 23% discount just two weeks after it released!
I have bought many stuff from them without any issues however see Kordanor post above.

They are whats called a "grey key seller" and not authorized by the publisher. They mostly buy keys from cheaper regions and sells them on. Some argue they buy keys from stolen credit cards but that's highly unlikely given how long they have been in business for.
lostforever is offline

lostforever

lostforever's Avatar
SasqWatch

#7559

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 3,485
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

November 2nd, 2017, 12:29
Originally Posted by lostforever View Post
Interesting offer for UK people only…

Assassins Creed: Origins (PC) FREE when you buy a Samsung SSD!

The cheapest qualifying SSD is about 87 which is 250GB. The cheapest PC price for ACO is 40, so if you are after both, then its cracking offer!

https://assassins-creed-origins-redeem.ubi.com/login
http://images.samsung.com/is/content…ins-tandcs.pdf
Just to update this, you get the game free with certain Seagate Hard Disk Drives too.

The Seagate offer is open to Canda so may be US as well.

https://www.ncix.com/search/?q=SeagateACO&22

https://www.ebuyer.com/seagate/assassinscreed
lostforever is offline

lostforever

lostforever's Avatar
SasqWatch

#7560

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 3,485
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Pricewatch!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 00:29.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch