Baldur's Gate - Release on Nov 28th

They've never claimed it's supposed to be the second coming of Christ. Some people here seems to have completely sick expectations of something that is just a simple HD remake. I expect reviews to be in the 75-85% range.

At least when it comes to PC, someone´s already tried and has not failed, so..
I'm excited that its coming to the ipad. That platform has practically nothing but crappy jrpg ports and ridiculous looking half-assed indie attempts. A serious game that doesn't look like it was inspired by a kids tv show is a welcome addition.
Last time I checked, BG with widescreen mod looked better than BG:EE.
Graphics whore :)

I very much doubt that, but please give us some fullscreen comparison screenshots.
4puquvn0.ryc.png

Feel free to compare this to BG:EE shots released so far, personally I prefer the generally less blurry look of the above.

There´s no hate
If I wanted it for an ipad or android tablet it would probably be a no brainer.

But Im a PC gamer, and so far Ive been rather underwhelmed with what have been shown. There´s not much in the deal that isnt already done in diverse mods.
For me, who have BG and BG2 both digitally and on hard copy and never had any trouble getting TuTu to work, whats in it for me?

I would gladly have shelled out the 20$ they ask for it if they would give improved visuals, but that is not in the cards with the original art gone.
High rez avatars and improved paperdolls could at least be introduced.

There is no hate, but for a PC gamer, knowledgeable to modding who already owns the games, I find very few compelling reasons to pay what they want.
I hope Im wrong, I really do.

C

@ DeepO

The aliasing on the characters is pretty terrible in the original game, it looks better in the EE. But the images relased so far seems to be more zoomed in than in your screen, thus they also look more blurry and less detailed. Your image is also 1,5MB big which means it has very little compression compared to the very compressed images on their site, it does a lot to worsen the quality..

There´s no hate
If I wanted it for an ipad or android tablet it would probably be a no brainer.

But Im a PC gamer, and so far Ive been rather underwhelmed with what have been shown. There´s not much in the deal that isnt already done in diverse mods.
For me, who have BG and BG2 both digitally and on hard copy and never had any trouble getting TuTu to work, whats in it for me?

I would gladly have shelled out the 20$ they ask for it if they would give improved visuals, but that is not in the cards with the original art gone.
High rez avatars and improved paperdolls could at least be introduced.

There is no hate, but for a PC gamer, knowledgeable to modding who already owns the games, I find very few compelling reasons to pay what they want.
I hope Im wrong, I really do.

C

Well said Crilloan, this is exactly how I feel, but I would love to have a reason to buy the new game.

I'm with vurt on this one. I just don't see any negatives here. Even if its terrible you can just ignore it and play the original.

It's only $20, that just a decent lunch. If you don't think it's enhanced enough then just don't buy it. It hurts nothing for them to simply make it.

As I've said before the new camera options alone are worth $20 to me.

Also they need to start somewhere, sounds like they never would be able to get financing for a whole new IE game. Maybe this will help them on their way.

Also they need to start somewhere, sounds like they never would be able to get financing for a whole new IE game. Maybe this will help them on their way.

Yes they need to see if its commercially viable first. People will always whine like little bitches when someone dares touching a classic though, so nothing new here.

Back
Top Bottom