Hard to be a God - Review @ Gamers32

Dhruin

SasqWatch
I can't see an overall score but the gameplay section in this review of Hard to be a God comes in at 33%. Calling the character development system "boring and retarded", there isn't much the author liked at all:
I quickly realized that this has nothing in common with most RPGs and it`s nowhere near an RPG revolution, more like a complete involution of the genre. First of all, the game can hardly be called an RPG. There are certain elements that define an RPG, and Hard to be a God certainly misses most of them. There is no character customization when starting the game, but I didn`t have a problem with this (remember Dungeon Siege?). I did however mind the fact that this customization is completely absent even during the game. You can`t choose a certain role for you character, such as priest, mage, warrior and so on, and neither can you customize him to fit your playing style. Also, there is no sense of character evolution, you`re as weak at level 15 as you were at level 1.
When leveling up you will receive 3 skill points to place anywhere you desire. It`s not like you have a lot of choices though... You have one skill point to assign to weapon categories (light, medium and heavy) and 2 others to assign to your misc. skills. You will discover that diplomacy is bunched here, together with health, stamina, ranged weapons (why isn`t this in the weapons category?) and medicine. Those are all the skill that you have, from start to end. You can assign a maximum of 10 points to each of the weapon categories, and you will unlock certain devastating hits as you progress. Before finishing the game you will receive about 20 skill points to assign to your weapon skills, so you can complete two weapon trees, probably medium and heavy. All fights in the game will then revolve around using your combos (depending on what weapon you are using, you might have access to one or two) and then blocking until their cool down is complete. This monotonous and retarded system will make you try and avoid combat as much as possible, as there is no fun in blocking 90% of the time.
More information.

Did he even put points in the weapons or did he not upgrade his weapons as he went along. I usually kill the enemies in one or 2 special attacks and haven't had much problems in combat. (especially agianst multiple enemies since I have a spinning attack I use all the time) I take out about half of the enemies hp last time I played it with one special attack and combat is pretty short.

Did he even put points in the weapons or did he not upgrade his weapons as he went along. I usually kill the enemies in one or 2 special attacks and haven't had much problems in combat. (especially agianst multiple enemies since I have a spinning attack I use all the time) I take out about half of the enemies hp last time I played it with one special attack and combat is pretty short.

Actually, it looks like he doesn't use his special attacks a lot, but instead uses combos, y'know, clicking 3 times with the right timing.

Not the best way to fight, no.

PS, Dhruin: "Our Score: 51"

Well, I'm looking foreward to read the first review of the kind:

game suxx - 33%
kk bb tnx

Oh, come on now, the language of the review isn't too good, writing is a bit shoddy, but he lists a lot of valid points of criticism. Perhaps he was a bit frustrated when writing it, I dunno, but it's not a stupid or lazy review.

Oh, come on now, the language of the review isn't too good, writing is a bit shoddy, but he lists a lot of valid points of criticism. Perhaps he was a bit frustrated when writing it, I dunno, but it's not a stupid or lazy review.

I was just kidding... to be honest, I didn't even read the review. I just thought it might be funny if future reviews would be written in a language that many gamers nowadays use without realizing how idiotic it actually is...

Back
Top Bottom