NieR: Automata - Release Date: March 17

I can't believe Square Enix does the same mistake again.
Rise of the Tomb Raider got released during Fallout4 hype. Nier:A is getting out during ME4 hype. Are they normal?!

Eh? Isn't this price standard for AAA titles?

You can also by "For Honor" for the same price. . . not that I would. I can't remember the last time I spent more than 40 euros for a game. And an AAA game rarely earns more than 20 from me.

Current metacritic score for this game (PS4 only which release before the PC version) is currently 89 (35 reviews)...

Dared to watch some vid.
It's some boss battle it seems - a few folds are trying to kill an oddlooking mech with a "skirt".

Looks like Risen 1 final boss crap. If the whole game is like that, there is no way I'll buy it.

The guy behind this, Yoko Taro is really one of the most interesting characters in the industry.
Writes his stories backwards and wears some crazy mask at interviews ( does not like to be photographed)

Imagine that. Someone before Gaga knew scandals sell.

The guy behind this, Yoko Taro is really one of the most interesting characters in the industry.
Writes his stories backwards and wears some crazy mask at interviews ( does not like to be photographed)

Already clocked 10 hours in the game.
Happy to report that it is just as a great mindf*ck as the first one, but with a lot more polish. Still not a AAA game though (not that it matters - the limited budget suits the game's out-of-place feel nicely)

For the uninitiated:
Nier is a weird game, definitely not for everyone.
It's main highlight is its extremely weird and depressing story (seriously, if you are bipolar, AVOID THIS GAME)
The gameplay is a mashup of genres, designed to surprise the player at every corner (it is common to suddenly switch from eg. platformer to bullet hell, from hack'n'slash to survival horror, etc).
The game is not an RPG. It has "rpg elements", but it is not even a pure action hack'n'slash.

The game is not an RPG.
This game is finishable in one afternoon. And is basically roguelike where everything is random generated.
No buy from me.

Back
Top Bottom