ELEX - Delayed to Q3 2017

Be open, do not be afraid of the future.
It took me about 10 years to get into console gaming, and guess what: I have practically all console systems along my PC - and I love'em. Love'em all, 'cause I'm a gamer, and it does not matter on what system I'm playing my dear beloved games.
You're seriously implying that console gaming is the "future"? :lol:

No, it's a perfectly legit style of gaming for sure, for people who enjoy playing their games with controllers which I sure as fuck do not. But it's not in any way "the future". All the good stuff is happening on the PC recently and that trend seems to only be accelerating.

You're seriously implying that console gaming is the "future"? :lol:

Hmm, I was about to break the Nr1 Rule of the Internet: Never Ever Argue With People On Forums Over Stupid Things That Never Mentioned Anyway.
... but I got wiser and rather not.

Happy raging! ;)

Damn, and here I thought I liked RPGs like this and that PB-style world building was a good selling point for me and others who enjoy their games as an alternative to other RPGs that use more common styles of world-building. Turns out I'm either living in the past or don't know what I'm talking about. Good to know. :)

Damn, and here I thought I liked RPGs like this and that PB-style world building was a good selling point for me and others who enjoy their games as an alternative to other RPGs that use more common styles of world-building. Turns out I'm either living in the past or don't know what I'm talking about. Good to know. :)

Okay, here's my final post on this subject.
(note to self: simple sentences only)

I'm not saying that PB's games are shit.
I'm saying that a game like ELEX won't sell.
Interpret the way you like. :)

Piranha bytes ( like Spiders) falls into unfortunate middle ground in between AAA and indie games or quality "niche" ( that doesn't need astronomic budget for it's full potential) like DOS.
And unfortunately there is not something here that's says: 'This looks rough, but offers something different' to attract attention.
Games like No truce with Furies, or Senua's Sacrifice are good example of this.
And open world genre is really getting crowded these days.

All I read is the same comments about Spiders & PB games. Yes it's true they will always be stuck in the same middle ground between AAA, and indie RPG games.

Yet this is both a plus and a minus as they don't have to sell five million copies of their RPGs to stay afloat. Also I sometimes find more enjoyment in smaller budget RPGs.

Okay, here's my final post on this subject.
(note to self: simple sentences only)

I'm not saying that PB's games are shit.
I'm saying that a game like ELEX won't sell.
Interpret the way you like. :)

Okay, but you aren't saying anything most people don't know already. PB wouldn't even expect the game to sell as well as ME:A or any big budget title, so what's the point of comparing them to huge studio RPGs? The Risen games were niche titles, I'd call them AA or something. The game will hopefully do better than expected. Whatever PB expects will be something they know better than us.

I disagree that it doesn't have something to attract people. It looks rough, sure, but it is a hand-crafted, non-level scaled open world. It also combines science and fantasy in a unique way. Maybe I'm just a PB fanboy but I love their style of world-building and RPG design. This new lore also seems interesting. Those are enough for me to be excited and want to check out the game.

Again, I don't expect it to do massive numbers, but I expect a PB style world and I'm hoping it delivers that.

Honestly I'd give $20 to Risen 4 in a sci-fi setting before i'd give $10 to mass effect whatever

But I never finished ME 2...

Hmm, I was about to break the Nr1 Rule of the Internet: Never Ever Argue With People On Forums Over Stupid Things That Never Mentioned Anyway.
… but I got wiser and rather not.

Happy raging! ;)
It's not stupid, it's just Sony and Microsoft got lucky and in this case VHS didn't win over betamax. Not yet as the "war" is not over. You picked a side, all you can do is to defend it. It's hard to defend something you don't believe in, I know, I do it sometimes on purpose to keep the discussion interesting, but in the hardware case I picked a side I do believe in.

Honestly I'd give $20 to Risen 4 in a sci-fi setting before i'd give $10 to mass effect whatever
I'd give anything they ask for mass effect SINGLEPLAYER. For MMO whatever I wouldn't give a dime. Sadly, in ME4, where EA keeps it shady so we still don't know if it's Titanfall2, you earn gambling boxes in MMO to use in singleplayer campaign. For such insult I can't give just anything. Here's hope it'll be removed from the final release.

I'm just glad PB seems to be moving away from those 'whimsical' pirates.

Playing R2 (and to a lesser extent R3), was like being repeatedly slapped in the face by a red faced man in lederhosen, asking 'you like our pirate jokes ja?'

'Funny ja? You must laugh now. And look, here comes Pattie with the enormous bosoms! Watch out for those mein friend! So amusing!'

No, just embarrassing.
But I'll still be buying a copy of Elex.

Last edited:
They need to be careful when forming the price, too.

I think its good thing its delayed since Elex will be compared to Horizon Zero dawn due to the setting and then will be dismissed for its poor graphics compared to HZD.

I hope PB will do a good job of the game play in Elex.

There is at least one person who won't compare any game with HZD.
Me.

I will be comparing Elex with some other games for sure, most probably with pathetic_hair openworlds I've played in past few years (GTA5 and similar overrated mediocre products). Then again, I'm a graphics whore obsessed with fur. No fur in A.D. 2017 = rubbish. ;)

There is at least one person who won't compare any game with HZD.
Me.

I will be comparing Elex with some other games for sure, most probably with pathetic_hair openworlds I've played in past few years (GTA5 and similar overrated mediocre products). Then again, I'm a graphics whore obsessed with fur. No fur in A.D. 2017 = rubbish. ;)

fortunately or unfortunately most people aren't you :p

Anyway PB needs all the help they can get. They are one of my fav dev but their last 2 games aren't their best work ..

There is at least one person who won't compare any game with HZD. Me.
Count me as the second as I have no interest in Horizon Zero Dawn.

Now if developers would stop exclusive console only releases I might give a damn.

Back
Top Bottom