New win10 update... What's happening?!

Well it happened to me also as usually it's just an annoying pop-up that constantly reminds you to upgrade. Seems it now pre-loads whether you want to upgrade, or not.

Its a bold marketing move from Microsoft to force people to use Win 10 it seems. Anyway according to Steam Win 10 is becoming the most used OS for it gamers nowadays.

I did upgrade to it awhile back...

My problem is it will update itself even though I have it turned off or to ask. It is random at best.

I haven't cared much though since they took DOS away from me. I fought using windows back then as long as I could.

I did upgrade to it awhile back…

My problem is it will update itself even though I have it turned off or to ask. It is random at best.

I haven't cared much though since they took DOS away from me. I fought using windows back then as long as I could.
Yeah Win 10 automatically will update itself. You can not stop it or turn it off like past window programs unless you buy the special Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB.

What is the Long Term Servicing Branch?
“Windows 10 uses a new approach to providing updates to users. Traditionally Microsoft would release a version of Windows and then provide updates such as security and bug fixes, but not add any major, new functionality. Every few years Microsoft would release a new version of Windows that contains updates and new features but this meant customers would always have to wait years for new functionality. With Windows 10, Microsoft is giving users greater choice in how they receive new features with the introduction of a long-term servicing branch (LTSB) and a current branch (CB) version.

The LTSB is similar to how versions are delivered today with a new one delivered every couple of years and in between each new version Microsoft will provide security updates, bug fixes and so on. Alternatively, customers can choose to use the CB method which provides security updates, bug fixes, and new features every few months.

When each LTSB is released it will converge with the currently existing CB, allowing customers to transition from CB to LTSB, in the event they decide they no longer want to receive updates so frequently. Customers using LTSB will be able to upgrade between LTSB builds and likely one additional time prior LTSB (current Windows 8.1 would count as a LTSB).”

I just walked into my room to discover Windows 10 installing itself. It's already copying files so I'm guessing there's nothing I can do about it now.
I wish I could have that problem at work. I'm about to get "upgraded" to Windows 8.1.

I wish I could have that problem at work. I'm about to get "upgraded" to Windows 8.1.

Same here. New PC's come with win 8.1 at work. Fortunately I work at the systems development department, and unlike the peasants, we're allowed to do anything. Including upgradeing to win 10 as we please (the enterprice edition).

pibbur who will start downgrading at version 62.

I think you ment "for modding graphics it isn't…".
For gaming and modding pispoor UI in ports from consoles, I have to disagree and IMO it's great.

Why are you so negative about it?
I love it. It's killing the modern sickness of following playthrough streams from some vain douches instead of playing games:

Is that a joke? or you mean windows 10 can dump you out in the middle of a game, or doing work, to install an upgrade?

If true I can't believe anyone is using it.....

Is that a joke? or you mean windows 10 can dump you out in the middle of a game, or doing work, to install an upgrade?
Don't know if it can, but I have never had that happen to me.
If true I can't believe anyone is using it…..
Well, one obvious reason is of course to get rid of windows constantly nagging you about upgrading to number 10 :)

pibbur who knows nooothing

Last edited:
I am a proud owner of Win7 and I don't plan to upgrade in any foreseeable future.

I uninstalled all the "you need to upgrade to win 10" and win 7 spying updates and then blocked them and I am happy.

That's weird, mine always does its update when I close it.

It's not a joke, at least not on win10 home (core). This is "professional" streamer so he should get win10 professional. I have pro at home (thanks to upgraded win7 pro) and the thing like in his case never happened to me, updates wait for my blessing and won't restart the machine automatically.

At work I'm using win10 enterprise and after update(s) it notifies you that "if you don't restart on your own, your PC will restart in 600 minutes because of applied changes". This OS version will definetly not restart without any warning.

I use it. Windows 10 is installed on about 300.000.000 devices last I've heard. That's about 25% of all Windows installations. Within several months the free upgrade period to Windows 10 is over.
I'm not sure sure why people hesitate to switch to Windows 10. I've done it about 6 months ago (or perhaps more than 6 months ago) and never looked back.

Hmm, so maybe if you don't restart after 600 minutes it'll force it ?

Yes it'll force it if I don't restart my PC at work. I rarely keep it turned on 10 hours in a row but the other day when I left it running and returned tomorrow it was restarted.
But that's enterprise version. I doubt any streamer has it on their PC.

Ok ok, maybe it was just a bug in the video Joxer posted.. that is a relief in that case!

I declined the terms and it restored my previous OS.

Shouldn't it have shown me the terms and conditions before it installed? Now I understand why so many people are pissed about the whole Win 10 thing.

Good thinking. I'll have to remember that if the evil pirate brig Win 10 comes alongside me, hoists its colors, and prepares to board.

The latest update completed borked my system. My keyboard wouldn't type in any "box", whether it was a Chrome page, or Twitter, or whatever, and every time I tried to type in said box, the app would completely freeze and I'd have to close it down.

Thankfully, Windows 10 has a good feature that allows you to go back one build and uninstall the update. When I did that my computer was working fine again. Thank the universe. It was quite scary at first thinking I had to completely refresh Windows!

Back
Top Bottom