Good old games you wish were on "Good old games"

P

pibbur who

There are two game I really would like to see on GOG:

Chronomaster (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronomaster), 1995. An adventure game with a really great story, written by sci-fi author Roger Zelazny. It was the last thing he wrote before he died. The story took place in several different pocket universes. I really would like to play that one again.

Heretic 2 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heretic_II), 1998. The sequel to Heretic and continuing the story about Corwi… eh …Corvus. 3d graphics, developed by Raven Software, using (I think) a modified Quake II engine. No doubt primitive by today's standard, but who cares - certainly not I.

So, what about you?

pibbur who hopes none of these games are on GOG already (that would be embarassing). And who realizes that the games may be available on abandonware sites, but who is too lazy to consult that option.

PS. If you want the games on Steam, by all means say so. However, for the sanity of the watch: No Origin or Ubisoft. :) DS.

Last edited:
Oh yeah Heretic 2 was the skinny elf guy with the spear if I recall. I remember playing several hours of it but certainly never finished it. Pretty much an action game right?

Yepp. But 3rd person, which made certain moves, for instance somersaults more natural.

pibbur who in real life don't do somersaults, because he sees everything in first person.

Here is what I have at the top of my mind:

Hexen 2
No one lives forever (1 and 2)
Blade runner
Operation flashpoint
Wizards and Warriors
Dungeon Master (1 and 2)
Dungeon lords
Space hulk & blood angels

The lemmings games, The adventures of lomax, driver 1 and 2, destruction derby games, wipeout games, the complete sims and sims 2 (no separately sold expansion bs), Claw, No One Lives Forever 1 & 2, Williams Arcade games like defender etc, Impossible Mission 1 & 2, Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid games, Castlevania and Contra, Ringworld adventure games, Fade to Black, D-Generation

I second NOLF 1 & 2 and The lemmings. Also wouldn't mind Bubble Bobbles and Tetris.

1. @SpoonFULL;: Hexen 2 is on Steam. Maybe you know that and wishes for it specifically on GOG.
  2. @Silver;: Ah… Lemmings!!!!
pibbur who wishes more games had the option of nuking the characters. (Killing Lord British or throwing a diaper at him in Ultima is the closest thing he remembers).

I'd love to see the Buck Rogers Gold Box games appear on GOG. I've never played them.

1. @SpoonFULL;: Hexen 2 is on Steam. Maybe you know that and wishes for it specifically on GOG.
  2. @Silver;: Ah… Lemmings!!!!
pibbur who wishes more games had the option of nuking the characters. (Killing Lord British or throwing a diaper at him in Ultima is the closest thing he remembers).

Thanks Pibbur - I know that Hexen 2 is on Steam (and so is operation flashpoint (aka ARMA: cold war), but I like my games without DRM and prefer GoG.

Hmmm, there is an old game that almost nobody talks about it nowadays, and which I had some fun playing the demo back at the time: Blood & Magic.

Believe when I say I still can hear the narrator saying "Enemy basal golem has been killed!" :)

When I was a kid the games on the apple II were really good (well fun). No clue what their names were but we had a blast playing them at friend house.

I'd like to see the first five Wizardry games show up on Good Old Games. Then they can add Wizards and Warriors, and I really wouldn't need any new games for probably a couple of years!

Early Ultimas were on Apple II.

pibbur who never had an Apple computer, but did unwisely consider buying Lisa.

Also, I'd like to see 1994's Ecstatica appear. That was an adventure game where you found a mysterious village, strangely abandoned but full of goblins and a minotaur that you kept having to run away from. It had a wonderfully surreal atmosphere as I remember it.

I remember that one. That's the one where they used ellipsoids for 3d modelling. Quite impressive for the time.

pibbur who sadly didn't play it.

I must have played Bubble Bobble for thousands of hours....

I remember that one. That's the one where they used ellipsoids for 3d modelling. Quite impressive for the time.

pibbur who sadly didn't play it.

Yeah that's the one. Great game, I have very fond memories of it. It was one of the few games of the time that I played until completion (which took many attempts!).

Definitely agree with NOLF 1&2 ... I played them last year on an old HP business laptop I have around (still have the CD versions). That laptop is limping along, not sure how much more I will get out of it!

Same for Wizards & Warriors - managed to get it running a few years back, but really not very well, and failed the next time I tried.

I have the Heretic & Hexen games on Steam, so while I’d love to have them on GOG, not a ‘must’.

If anything, I would like to see more games ‘once released on Mac’ - that lost compatibility with the PowerPC to Intel transition (or the 0x0 to PowerPC ... or the MacOS to OSX), brought BACK to the Mac.

Discworld Noir. Incredibly difficult to get at reasonable prices.
And ... all Discworld games anyway.

Back
Top Bottom