What I've Been Watching: The Catch-All Film Thread

It's not available at every possible location currently and don't ask me why. Probably again geoblocking idiocies from Paramount are at work. But if it's that good Dez claims, Ripper and Txa confirm up there, well, I'll give it a shot.
You may check if you can watch it in your country here:
https://www.netflix.com/title/80206300

It really isn't that good. I mean it is ok I guess but there are better movies if you are going to invest a lot of effort to see a movie.

btw that link is broken (or rather it is broken when I click it).

It's not available at every possible location currently and don't ask me why. Probably again geoblocking idiocies from Paramount are at work. But if it's that good Dez claims, Ripper and Txa confirm up there, well, I'll give it a shot.
You may check if you can watch it in your country here:
https://www.netflix.com/title/80206300

Okay I did it.
The movie is not bad. But it's not something I'd describe as plain awsomeness, sorry.

Visuals are great, music and sounds are so-so, acting is okay considering the script that doesn't allow much creativity.

The very same script is the movie's biggest problem. It feels as b military soap episode reworked into sci-fi.
I'm saying if you remove sci fi elements from it, you get a forgettable/irrelevant story about cheat, guilt and redemption with some filler in form of dangerous animals.

A good sci fi asks questions that make you think about. Why was Ex Machina so good? Or The Moon?
This movie also asks questions, but none of them are interesting to give any thought about it. Especially where an offered solution is Trump's weaponsowning lobby.
Sure, maybe I've replayed FO2 too many times making me immune to excitment about mutants and mutations, but somehow I don't think that affected my lethargic reaction to this movie.

The thing is in the end I can't care less if anyone is doppleganger or not. There is absolutely no reason to care if everyone is originals or homunculi at all. The answer on that wouldn't change anything, it's irrelevant just as this movie.

Someone tried to build upon Ridley Scott's legacy here and utterly failed as not every writer is Arthur Clarke.
Watch it if you don't have anything else to do. Otherwise forgeddit.

I have been a Thanos and Jim Starlin fan since the 1980's. I'm excited for the new Thanos movie and hope he kills everyone in it. If they mess the Thanos movie up I will lose faith in humanity.

If they have a super hero like Captain America go toe to toe with Thanos then I'm walking out the movie :)

Just watched A Quiet Place last night.

One of the best thriller/horror? movies i've seen in a long time. Has a very M. Night Shyamalan feel to it, but unique in its own right.

Loved the ending!

I'm looking forward to seeing Quiet Place when it makes it to the movie channels, from what I can tell it seems to be about creatures that focus on noise and obliterate anything that causes such, and every commercial I've seen for it has some bonehead making tons of noise!!! I see much potential in these creatures, I'd like to obtain a few for pets =)

Saw Avenger Infinity. Was enjoyable though a lot of big names were competing for screen time. A few of them are beginning to show their age esp Don. Unfortunately you will have to see the next one to see how it turns out.

Thanos is the greatest environmentalist of our time. I can't believe it, they got Thanos right and didn't just make him an insane killer.

Right, I'm not scrolling above JDR's post until whatever's been spoiled is sorted. Someone please let me know when the coast is clear.

I'm not sure there have been any real spoilers yet but i'm sure given enough time someone will throw one out. Hum. I did mention that you have to see the next one to know how this one turns out but I wouldn't call that a spoiler and someone mentioned that Thanos is a bitch but that's just one person opinion on whether he is a she.

Right, I'm not scrolling above JDR's post until whatever's been spoiled is sorted. Someone please let me know when the coast is clear.

I'm not sure there have been any real spoilers yet but i'm sure given enough time someone will throw one out. Hum. I did mention that you have to see the next one to know how this one turns out but I wouldn't call that a spoiler and someone mentioned that Thanos is a bitch but that's just one person opinion on whether he is a she.

Oh, is it just about Marvel movies? I don't care about that crap. :p

I'd say revealing that it evidently has a cliffhanger ending is most definitely a spoiler. I had suspected as much given that there was already a sequel planned, but still…

It wasn't much of a clifhanger ending until you see the scene after the credits.

I'd say revealing that it evidently has a cliffhanger ending is most definitely a spoiler. I had suspected as much given that there was already a sequel planned, but still…

3qpjas.jpg

You should probably just refrain from posting in this thread.

Oh you mean knowing that you have to wait till after the credits to see the spoiler is a spoiler. I'm so sorry I thought that was common knowledge about marvel movies; guess you haven't seen many - so why bother seeing this one ?

3qpjas.jpg

You should probably just refrain from posting in this thread.

How about you just try to be a little smarter in the future. :)

No, it wasn't anything major, but your original comment was still spoilerish to anyone who hasn't been following it.

Back
Top Bottom