Risen 3: Titan Lords - German Let's Play / Preview

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
It looks like Deep Silver gave Gronkh's company exclusive permission to make a Risen 3: Titan Lords Let's Play based on the beta. Of course the videos are in German. Here's a link to his YouTube playlist.

Thanks to Daniel for the info! :)

More information.

Bah. I've already decided to preorder it so no gameplay needed to persuade me more.
Unless of course if subtitled with completely crazy stuff said, then, for all that matters, spoil me now!

Are you seriously reporting on this? This LP was shown on the Gothic boards two months ago. Everyone in the community knows about this and it's ancient news by now.

Eh? Not everyone (pointing in the mirror) is checking Gothic boards (again pointing in the mirror) as PB refuses to comment we-want-it-so-give-it-to-us Gothic 5 (pointing… erm… no).

Let me check the dates ...

Yes, old stuff. I should looked a bit more carefully.

Thanks, havent seen those. The world looks very uninspiring, not even close to Gothic 3 or even Risen 1..

Seems a bit ridiculous that you get fame points for killing small defenceless animals, a skeleton gave 50, a small animal gave 30, seems way off.

And again with a companion (a ghost?). I really dislike that, it's far more exciting when you're completely on your own, makes you feel more exposed.

Oh would you look at that. The ghost I've seen mentioned is actually Mendoza. That explains Alrik seeing Mendoza in his G3 preview thread. I guess he'll play an important role, as he no doubt has a lot of knowledge about the Titans and what not.

Gods, this guy recording the videos is insufferable. Weren't there any reasonable casters?

The ghost I've seen mentioned is actually Mendoza. I guess he'll play an important role..

Hopefully. I dont want to see him as just "exotic" companion.

Gods, this guy recording the videos is insufferable. Weren't there any reasonable casters?

Indeed. Anyone who is not capable of understanding the German language when watching these videos is truly blessed ;) .

Thanks, havent seen those. The world looks very uninspiring, not even close to Gothic 3 or even Risen 1..

Seems a bit ridiculous that you get fame points for killing small defenceless animals, a skeleton gave 50, a small animal gave 30, seems way off.

And again with a companion (a ghost?). I really dislike that, it's far more exciting when you're completely on your own, makes you feel more exposed.

The world looks fine to me. It looks almost exactly like Risen 1 imo.

I agree about the companion though. I didn't really care for the system they used in Risen 2, and I was hoping it would go back to being a solo experience.

I agree…

I prefer not having companions. I rather liked how gothic series was mostly a solo experience, but player got some help during tough battles (minecrawler quest, clearing new camp mine, focus stone quest, wolf-hunt quest, ship quest etc).

I actually like the companions in Risen 2. It added some new life to the game.

Solo exploring is cool, too, but I love collecting new party members that have unique traits and attributes, etc. Been that way since I first started playing RPGs.

The companions wouldn't have been bad if they weren't so overpowered in some places. For instance, you can basically use Patty to clear the first 2 islands almost entirely by herself.

I mostly like the companions, as long as they're not too much in the way. I used companions a lot in both Gothic 3 and Risen 2.

The companions wouldn't have been bad if they weren't so overpowered in some places. For instance, you can basically use Patty to clear the first 2 islands almost entirely by herself.

I actually had no idea that was possible. If that's true and the companions were that powerful, I think that's a big problem.

I recall Patty getting KO'd a few times, though, and then I ultimately died because all the heat was on me. And overall I still died quite a few times in some tougher encounters.

But yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing less powerful companions if that's the case.

I'm always having more fun with companionsm but indeed they shoudn't be OP.

Back
Top Bottom