Firefly to spearhead Universal's new HD Channel?

... and the music is phenomenal. It's one of the few TV shows that has music I enjoy listening to outside of the show itself.

Okay, now you most certainly have my attention. The very first thing to grab me by the back of my neck and kept me hooked to Babylon 5 (and many other shows/movies as well) was the absolutely fantastic soundtrack by Christopher Franke.

Any movie scored by John Williams is already on my positive list and if the movie is even halfway decent I'm sold, hence my utter devotion to Star Wars.

Has BSG got a schedule as to when it is supposed to finish or is it one of the countless "Let's keep it going until we run out of episode ideas and then have it life support for a few more seasons before we finally put it out of its' misery" type of shows?

The composer for BSG is Bear McCreary and you can check out some of his stuff here in the "Online Demo" portion of the site.

BSG is actually going into it's final season in 2008. It's a four season series, plus one TV movie airing on November 24th of this year.

From the start, BSG has had, more or less, a decided story arc with a beginning, middle and end. Of course they hadn't planned necessarily for exactly 4 seasons, but the creative team had said they considered the show like a play with each season being one act, so I had anticipated a 4 or 5 (at the most) season arc.

Like any show there's content and plot points made up on the fly but overall it follows a set path, so they've always had a more-than-general idea of where things were going.

I watched and loved both the old and new Galactica series; the new Galactica has one serious flaw, though... and I *mean* serious: no IL models. Unfortunately, nobody but me seems to care.
NO IL MODELS! That's horrible! While I like what they did with the humanoid Cylons, I really, really miss Lucifer - he was my favorite character in the original series.

Well, I mean the IL series of Cylons; Lucifer and Spectre were of the IL type, and the Imperious Leader as well IIRC. These guys were contantly bickering and had huge chips on their shoulders. Wonderful :).

The composer for BSG is Bear McCreary and you can check out some of his stuff here in the "Online Demo" portion of the site.

BSG is actually going into it's final season in 2008. It's a four season series, plus one TV movie airing on November 24th of this year.

From the start, BSG has had, more or less, a decided story arc with a beginning, middle and end. Of course they hadn't planned necessarily for exactly 4 seasons, but the creative team had said they considered the show like a play with each season being one act, so I had anticipated a 4 or 5 (at the most) season arc.

Like any show there's content and plot points made up on the fly but overall it follows a set path, so they've always had a more-than-general idea of where things were going.

Well, that should do it for me. Now all I've got to do is find out where and when to buy it :D

The movie Razor is going to have flashbacks to the Cylon wars, and it's been confirmed that we will see the original Cylon centurions in the new BSG for the war scenes. Probably won't see Lucifer and that lot, but the original Cylons will be great to see again!

Space 1999 I liked even better than BSG. It was the first place I ever saw Martin Landau. It definitely had a style to it.

I think the division between new BSG fans and old BSG is much larger than the rift between ST:ToS and ST:TNG. No one was interested in TNG until after a few seasons and the Kirk vs Picard mythology AFAIK started on an episode of Night Court. Before that it was Kirk vs Pike; William Shatner vs Jeffrey Hunter.

So who's better? Lorne Green or Edward James Olmos?

I think the division between new BSG fans and old BSG is much larger than the rift between ST:ToS and ST:TNG. No one was interested in TNG until after a few seasons and the Kirk vs Picard mythology AFAIK started on an episode of Night Court. Before that it was Kirk vs Pike; William Shatner vs Jeffrey Hunter.

You're likely right about that rift. There are fans of the original BSG that have vehement hatred for the new series in a way that's truly creepy.

But I don't know if you're right regarding the lack of interest in TNG.. I seem to recall it started off with strong viewership and people took to it fairly quickly. Of course there was the TOS vs TNG crowd, but it was still Star Trek and fans watched regardless. TNG wasn't a dramatic reboot of Trek, but a continuation further in the future of that cosmos, whereas the new BSG completely resets and reboots the original series.

Not a fair question!
I cannot say anything bad about Lorne Greene, he's an icon in so many ways. And his Adama for his BSG was excellent, just as Olmos' Adama is excellent for his BSG. Neither could cross over to the other's world, they just wouldn't fit.
That said, I enjoy watching Olmos more, as I enjoy the new BSG a lot more.

I like both series (it's not easy to compare them, the ambience is so different), I like both Adamas (though Olmos a tad better), and I like the new Centurions better than the old ones. I'm really looking forward to see the last Cylon uncovered, but... *sigh* I still miss my Lucifer :cm:.

Sorry, I meant models... I thought only one of the twelve models remained undiscovered after last season.

Come to think of it , you're right. There were 5 mystery Cylons iirc, and you were supposed to believe that 4 had been revealed in that final episode, maybe 5 if you believe Starbuck is one.

Personally, I think it's going to end up being more complicated than that.

I don't believe Starbuck is a Cylon, and agree with JDR that it's going to be more complicated than that. The writers do, however, know who it is so they won't just be randomly pulling the reveal out of their arses when the time comes (second half of the season, apparently).

I just don't know how they're going to cram everything into one final season.. There's so many plots to be reconciled and explored yet. I'm sure there's going to be a fairly intensive look into the Cylon culture now, with the revealed models and whatnot. Deanna (Lucy Lawless) is back too, so that says investigations into Cylon life right there.

*sigh* Only.... 4 more months..

From a promotional "newsletter" sort of press release most recently, but it's been announced in various places at various times.

Space 1999 I liked even better than BSG. It was the first place I ever saw Martin Landau. It definitely had a style to it.

I would say Both.. But this guy as my vote.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uL7M-T93-do

Not that i dont like Mr Lorne Green the starter of TV..Bonanza ..Battle Ship Galactica TV Series.

I would say he's better here. The second role since Blade Runner where he's played Asian.

See how fast you can guess who's playing the Emperor of Cathay.

I would say he's better here. The second role since Blade Runner where he's played Asian.

See how fast you can guess who's playing the Emperor of Cathay.

Let me see frist i thought it was Richard Chamberlain at frist glance!!
When later i saw it was Mick Jager :gorath:

Back
Top Bottom