Pricewatch!

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/conf...-for-free-on-epic-games-store-until-may-21st/

Prepare for sheer boredom, horrible helicopter controls and vulgar humor.
Apparantly you get a 10 euro coupon after every purchase, even when claiming the free GTA5, so you can get:
Metro Exodus for €10
Witcher 3 Wild Hunt GOTY for €5
South Park the Fractured But Whole for €5
Assassin's Creed Odyssey for €9,79
Assassin's Creed Origins for €5
Vampyr for €5
Ashen for €7

Haven't tested it.

That is dirt cheap. Like most horror games, it is likely a game you play through just once. It is heavily inspired by stephen king novels. Like one reviewer put it: "One of the greatest Stephen King stories not written by Stephen King. It’s a brilliant (if flawed) story about a man with writer’s block who tries to go on a getaway with his wife but soon finds himself in the middle of a horror story more terrifying than any he could ever dream up."

And it is something one should play during night time. :)

Apparantly you get a 10 euro coupon after every purchase, even when claiming the free GTA5, so you can get:
Metro Exodus for €10
Witcher 3 Wild Hunt GOTY for €5
South Park the Fractured But Whole for €5
Assassin's Creed Odyssey for €9,79
Assassin's Creed Origins for €5
Vampyr for €5
Ashen for €7

Haven't tested it.

Can confirm that you get the $10 coupon, and that it shows up ready to apply to any purchase of a >$15 game.

Can confirm that you get the $10 coupon, and that it shows up ready to apply to any purchase of a >$15 game.

That coupon offer is excellent. Bought a few games at Xmas for next to nothing and now looking at Control for £13, crazy price!

So, Battletech is currently $10. Hmmm. Is this game more like Wasteland II or more like X-Com with isolated missions?
I never played Wasteland but it is a lot like X-Com. The missions are isolated for sure.

Differences between it and XCOM:
  • Mech customization is FAR more intersting
  • Soldier customization is less interesting
  • Cover isn't quite as important but speed and facing are much more important

So, Battletech is currently $10. Hmmm. Is this game more like Wasteland II or more like X-Com with isolated missions?

It's nothing like Wasteland II, somewhat like X-Com. You can play the sandbox mode which has isolated missions, except for flashpoints, which have a small number (like 2-4) connected missions. You can also play the campaign, in which case you go through ~18 connected missions, with isolated missions in between.

Actually that's part of a Paradox sale. Oh, Tyranny Gold Edition is 67% off... and still costs over 25$ USD!? https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/5879/Tyranny___Gold_Edition/

Looking at reviews for the DLC, though, you're probably better off just getting the base game for $15 and maybe Tales from the Tiers for another $3.50.

Yeah, I got Stellaris and Civ 6 for $1 on Humble about a year back. (Had more fun with Stellaris.)

Event Horizon has released a "Final Edition" of Tower of Time. There's now an "RPGlite" mode that makes all characters available at the start, lets you skip quests and even entire levels, and loosens up advancement. There's also a perma-death option if you want it. It's explained in the video on the Steam Page. It's also 75% off ($6.25) for the next 40 hours.

Cicilization VI is free on Epic.
Holy cow.

And apparently some upcoming games have leaked on Reddit:

Last week GTA V was free
Until May 28, Civilization 6 will be free
May 28 to June 4: Borderlands the Handsome collection (borderlands 2 and the pre-sequel)
June 4, Ark: Survival Evolved

I had some problems with Epic last year (lost saves, weird downloading) but the current offers have made me climb down from my high horse. I've purchased Control for £13 too.

I had some problems with Epic last year (lost saves, weird downloading) but the current offers have made me climb down from my high horse. I've purchased Control for £13 too.

Wow - this caused me to take a look at my 'transaction history' and found that I have nearly 50 games, and my total spend is ... $0.00. :D

Back
Top Bottom