Knights of the Chalice II - Kickstarter Funded & Character Classes Video - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Knights of the Chalice II - Kickstarter Funded & Character Classes Video

Default Knights of the Chalice II - Kickstarter Funded & Character Classes Video

May 27th, 2020, 13:39
The Knights of the Chalice II Kickstarter has funded with 36 days still remaining. Also the latest update talks about character classes.

Update #3: Character Classes video!

The first day of the campaign is nearly over, and we've very nearly reached the campaign's goal!

I have just uploaded the second video in support of the KotC 2 Kickstarter campaign.

The second video presents the main strengths, weaknesses and synergies of each of the 22 character classes in KotC 2. There will be separate Kickstarter updates for the three additional classes of Spell Weaver, Summoner and Necromancer.

loading…

Tomorrow I will post on Youtube the six-minute trailer of KotC 2.

In a short while, I will post another update here about the first three companions in the KotC 2 trilogy!

Thank you for the awesome support everyone!! Have a great day!
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)

May 27th, 2020, 16:12
Let's hope he reaches stretch goal: animated sprites, so we can have KOTC 1 visuals!

mercy

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

May 27th, 2020, 16:14
Originally Posted by mercy View Post
Let's hope he reaches stretch goal: animated sprites, so we can have KOTC 1 visuals!
Even if it doesn't, that doesn't mean they can't be added in the toolset….it's just the graphics that are missing.

Wooohoo making it's funding on the first day…I wasn't sure if it would or not because it is so niche.
--
If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

May 27th, 2020, 17:35
Looks nice. I don't do Kickstarter campaigns but I do buy the finished products from the campaigns that were successful.

ElderGnome

Gnome of the World

Location: High, high up in the mountains of the southwestern US…
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

May 27th, 2020, 18:43
Thanks for reminding me to pledge. I generally don't do Kickstarters anymore, either, but this guy's got my money anytime he wants it.

Capt. Huggy Face

Aging Gamer
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

May 27th, 2020, 19:25
I had no doubts!!!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

May 27th, 2020, 22:47
Same for me. Hope you post an update if the 100k goal is reached which is when I get interested.
--
Doing >Let's Plays< and >Reviews< in German. Latest Review: Pathway
Mostly playing Indie titles, including Strategy, Tactics and Roleplaying-Games.
And here is a list of all games I ever played.

Kordanor

Wastelander
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)

May 28th, 2020, 03:34
Sure did like the video, by the way. That's my kind of trailer, and only having four classes was the biggest shortcoming of the first game. I'm thinking my first guy will be a psionicist.

Capt. Huggy Face

Aging Gamer
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

May 28th, 2020, 12:07
WTH? Just checked the stretch goals and there is a Gelatinous Cube companion. So, when it moves, all the dirt from the floor is stuck to it and soon you have a Gelatinous Junk-Heap Companion. Hehehehe..

mercy

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

May 28th, 2020, 21:50
No worries, we will definitely add sprites to the game. :-)
Thanks for reminding me to pledge. I generally don't do Kickstarters anymore, either, but this guy's got my money anytime he wants it.
Thank you so much for the kind words and support!!
WTH? Just checked the stretch goals and there is a Gelatinous Cube companion. So, when it moves, all the dirt from the floor is stuck to it and soon you have a Gelatinous Junk-Heap Companion. Hehehehe..
Correct, but it's acidic so it can dissolve what it touches.

BlueSalamander

Watcher

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

May 29th, 2020, 04:16
So I posted here and there about the game and among others I made a little thread over at GoG.com, no idea if anyone will read or write in it but who knows. Can't hurt.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/kn…_old_school_dd

Which leads me to a question… Wonder why the first game isn't distributed on GoG.com?
--
Steam: Galaad97

Galaad

Sentinel
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Galaad
+1:

May 29th, 2020, 15:18
Originally Posted by Galaad View Post
So I posted here and there about the game and among others I made a little thread over at GoG.com, no idea if anyone will read or write in it but who knows. Can't hurt.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/kn…_old_school_dd

Which leads me to a question… Wonder why the first game isn't distributed on GoG.com?
For many, many years the developer only sold the original game on his own website, in order not to have to pay a store a cut. Also, it was a pretty high price at the time considering the game's visuals. I think he finally convinced himself that he need to expand his audience and included it on Steam with some reluctance. You can buy the original DRM free on his website and I believe he plans to release the sequel DRM free on his website as well.

forgottenlor

Font of Useless Knowledge
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)

May 29th, 2020, 15:23
This seems to be the future of Kickstarter. There is a place for very small studios (one man developers, or a team of up to half a dozen people) which have already released a previously successful title to try to gain funding for a subsequent title. And in these cases the funds are not used to fund the game per say, but to increase the scope or to improve the game's presentation in the hope of gaining publicity and attracting a broader audience.

forgottenlor

Font of Useless Knowledge
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)

May 29th, 2020, 16:33
Originally Posted by forgottenlor View Post
This seems to be the future of Kickstarter. There is a place for very small studios (one man developers, or a team of up to half a dozen people) which have already released a previously successful title to try to gain funding for a subsequent title. And in these cases the funds are not used to fund the game per say, but to increase the scope or to improve the game's presentation in the hope of gaining publicity and attracting a broader audience.
Yep, this and board games and 3d printed files…these all seem to do good.
--
If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Knights of the Chalice II - Kickstarter Funded & Character Classes Video