Rogue Empire - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The tactical turn-based RPG Rogue Empire has been released

Rogue Empire

The shadow came, destroying everything in its way! Every kingdom in Ethistos was loosing ground and lives. When all seemed lost… the First Shadow disappeared! Where? How? No one knows… But the marks of their coming still linger across Ethistos!

Rogue Empire is an tactical turn-based RPG randomly generated content and heavy Rogue-like elements. Choose one of multiple character combinations and advance it with unique abilities!

Embark on a quest to heal the world of Ethistos and unveil the mysteries of the First Shadow!

Key features:
  • Randomly generated dungeons, items and events! Play again and again!
  • Unique class building based of Trading Card Games concepts.
  • Many unique bosses to defeat!
  • 7 races and 5 distinct classes to choose!
  • A huge map with exploration events, side quests and story!
  • Soul essence: Dying will provide you with valuable soul essence, used to unlock perks and new options for your next adventures!
  • A beautifully illustrated story with multiple endings!
More information.

Last edited:
Randomly generated content and heavy Rogue-like elements
Okay that' enough to know I wont be playing this game.

The game is actually pretty good. I've followed all the ea process and the developer never stopped working on it, improving, fixing and adding new stuff.

If you like roguelikes i'd give a try.

To elaborate my problem is with Randomly generated content systems. I know developers use them because it's easier to develop a game with that system.

Still I'm big fan of games like Gothic whose developers hand-crafted their entire game world. Hope that calcifies my point better then coming across as a smug elitist.

Randomly generated content means we are too lazy to handcraft the world in my book. Sorry, no buy from me.

guys it's a roguelike it is randomly/procedural generation by definition. If you don't like it it's ok but don't be so absolutist.

OK you're comparing a AA/AAA 3RD person action RPG to a top-down 2D game by a tiny studio.
That's a goofy, irrelevant comparison.
And I might agree with the knee-jerk hate for rogue-like or rogue-likes, I've had Zero interest in them up until now.
But Robothorium,(rogue-lite?) just previewed here, I tried, and it's a very good game.

Thank god you let us know….;)
No one forced you to read my opinion Rune. As it's simply my opinion to much sub-par crap is being developed lately. Just take a look at the Steam lists by genre.
That's a goofy, irrelevant comparison..
No it's not I already said why simply because I hate rogue-like procedural generated games. I just gave a simple reason why sorry it's not good enough for you.
Randomly generated content means we are too lazy to handcraft the world in my book. Sorry, no buy from me.
Yep that's the truth basically.
Anybody whose alias is "Couchpotato" will never come across as an elitist. :biggrin:
True again I'm just to lazy.:lol:

Last edited:
Okay that' enough to know I wont be playing this game.

First Campaign is actually hand crafted so there's that, you also gotta remember that there's a scale of procedurlarity (is that a word?) you can have 100% random, or have have hand crafted elements that are stung together procedurally and eveything in between.

This game is actually true to the name rogue most similar to games like dungeon crawl stone soup, sword of the stars: The Pit and Dungeons of Dredmor, if you like those its worth a look.

All that said I got a game breaking bug in first 5 mins so your millage may vary.

Back
Top Bottom