Bloom - Back To Work

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
There is a new update featuring both the disappointing release of Bloom: Labyrinth and the status of the not yet released game Bloom: Memories.

Hey everyone, time for another update.

So, first off I know you are probably wondering how things went with Labyrinth and steam.... sadly, not very well. I just wasn't able to get much coverage for it and it went by uneventfully. Just a dozen copies sold.

Anyhow, longer term I'm not too sure how it will all work out....but at least for the last month and next month I have a bit of time (since I'm stuck where I am for healthcare)....so I figured might as well dive back into Memories to try and see just how far I could move things and getting this thing finished.

I've also went ahead and begun making videos to cover the development of Memories as I finish it up. The hope is that being a bit more visible will help avoid what happened with Labyrinth (better late than never right? haha).

So, instead of the typical updates...time for even better video ones! Though much more frequent and covering a wider range of subjects. Such as looks back as well as more real time following on what I'm doing as it comes together. The channel is also my personal one, as Ivory, so not necessarily just about the game (even if that is currently the main focus, since that's what I'm up to).

I'll probably post the videos here on KS now and then to keep everyone up to date, but if you want to get them as they come then subbing to the channel is the best way for now (and in the future I might do them earlier for patreon backers for their continued support, but it seems too early to do that just yet...and I'm still figuring all that out haha ).

Anyhow, here is the first one. Things are looking pretty good in terms of what's left!

More information.

I honestly do not understand some people.
How, in this day and age, can you still have your heads so much in the clouds to get the idea that silently releasing a small game without any work whatsoever put into spreading the word, would in some way help you drum up interest in another game.
And on Steam of all things, where anything will get drowned without proper "marketing" preparation.
I just... I just don't even.

It's even more intriguing when you consider Steam's cuts in organic traffic, which affected indie devs in a last few months.

Back
Top Bottom