Deus Ex - Best Experience in 2022 @ PC Gamer

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
PC Gamer explains how to install Deus Ex in 2022:

How to have the best Deus Ex-perience in 2022

Our definitive step-by-step guide to setting up and playing one of the all-time great PC games.

It is accepted internet law that if someone mentions Deus Ex in passing, another person will reinstall it. Despite some clunkiness, it remains one of the strongest examples of the immersive sim over 20 years after its debut. A sprawling spy-fi adventure that offers multiple solutions (intended or otherwise) to almost every problem, and a surprisingly reactive story despite each playthrough taking you through all the same locations.

Its grungy cyberpunk world--deep with urban decay even as mega-corporations rule and security robots patrol the streets--feels as relevant now as it did back in the day, although some of the more paranoid conspiracy theories it presents might feel a little uncomfortable considering recent headlines. On the whole Deus Ex has aged gracefully, despite not being the prettiest of games even when it launched.

While the patched-up version of Deus Ex available on digital storefronts plays relatively well on modern hardware, a fresh play of Deus Ex deserves a more intricate tune-up--or even a complete overhaul.

[...]
Thanks Henriquejr!

More information.

thnx henriquejr

guess a replay is in order. hopefully i can see past the dated graphics..
One of the most memorable games i have ever played, so back to memory lane.

The very first PC Gamer top 100 list had Deus Ex as the #1 game. It stayed somewhere on the top 100 list until, I think, last year. I doubt any game stayed on that list for as long as Deus Ex. (And maybe they're convincing themselves to put it back on again with this article!)

I just checked my GoG version of this game, and it's been almost nine years since I last went through it. So, that means, time to schedule another replay!

I can speak with confidence that GMDX is the real deal. It respects DX with changes that are consistent with the original game. Just remember to disable the HDTP "hd" models it comes with. Revision is basically Spanish Monkey Jesus.

Also the mods listed are all worth playing.

GMDX is easily the best overhaul mod imo. The only thing I didn't care for is the addition of new ammo types that aren't in the original game. I wish there was an option to leave stuff like that out.

Graphics lol. I still play early roguelikes from time to time for comparisons sake. If the gameplay and c&c hold up its still worth playing. I think the gunplay would be considered a little rough now but good enough.

It's implied he doesn't like the aesthetics of the improved graphic models. They didn't bother me as there is only so much you can do with an old engine, and it's asserts.

Have you looked at them side by side?

No offense to the ones that put in the work, but being amateurs they changed the characters' looks and animation without meaning to. They're just bad.

Have you looked at them side by side?

No offense to the ones that put in the work, but being amateurs they changed the characters' looks and animation without meaning to. They're just bad.

good to know, old one stays.

Back
Top Bottom