Warsim: The Realm of Aslona (Procedurally generated kingdom management RPG)

Hey everyone,

So I tested the Darkdale update this morning but found a few bugs including a game-breaking one, I did try to test it throughout the week but I guess I missed some. This patch fixes those but I thought I'd better also code some new content cause an update of just bugfixes is boring!

SELF-FUNDED NAIRO PARTY (5 features)

So Nairo's parties are great but they happen rarely, now if you're so inclined you can fund them yourself and have them happen whenever!

* Added ability to ask Nairo about hosting a party if one isn't already being hosted
* Added ability to buy 500 mugs of ale for the party
* Added ability to buy 1000 mugs of ale for the party
* Added ability to buy 1500 mugs of ale for the party
* Added special party event thanking you for paying for the event

KAFF'S LEGITIMATE GOODS (5 features)

Keep your eye on your coinpurse because there's a new merchant in town and her goods are questionable at best!

* Added new location in the Darkdale market district 'Kaff's legitimate goods'
* Added ability to buy 'genuine lich dust' for 10 gold
* Added ability to buy a fools gold coin for 1 gold
* Added ability to buy an immortality potion for 25 gold
* Added 8 dialogues with Kaff

NEW DARKDALE DIALOGUES (4 features)

Beefed up each area of the city with a few more things people say!

* Added 5 new Darkdale guard dialogues
* Added 5 new Darkdale tavern dialogues
* Added 5 new cat tavern dialogues
* Added 5 new gilded crescent dialogues

BUGFIXES (12 features)

Quite a few bugs here including one game-breaking issue with the temple of Ha'Hah, all fixed now!

* Fixed Flobert Myck encounter despite Flobert being passed out
* Fixed 'could have said it better myself' text bug
* Fixed 'these a strong' text bug
* Fixed Krut peace payment gold bug
* Fixed Erak peace payment gold bug
* Fixed gold shown as removed instead of added when paying goblin kingdoms for peace
* Fixed text bug in peace event 'coin of fate'
* Fixed duplicate intro text for Ha'Hah darkdale noble district
* Fixed duplicate intro text for Bandit darkdale noble district
* Fixed temple of Ha'Hah not allowing you to leave if it's already over
* Fixed temple of Ha'Hah freezing upon entry
* Fixed Nairo's den unenterable bug

**SCREENSHOTS**

* Kaff's fools gold - https://i.imgur.com/cy6GmnD.png
* Setting up your own party - https://i.imgur.com/NIlGrQS.png

Hey everyone,

So as we approach Warsim 0.8 I've been finishing up fixed and adding stuff to Darkdale and the rest of the game. Next two updates will take me a bit more time but I'm excited!

DARKDALE THE VASSAL STATE (6 features)

When a new game starts Darkdales leadership is randomly generated, there's a 1 in 6 chance they will spawn as your vassal and the city will be loyal to you, in this eventuality there is now a screen explaining that and automatically unlocking the region leading up to darkdale and the region Darkdale is in so that you can instantly access it.

* Fixed chance of darkdale loading up as vassal state
* Added special screen for Darkdale becomming your vassal at game start (credit VineFynn)
* Added Darkdale vassal start unlocks Denland and Songwood in exploration
* Added alt vassal screen for if you have started game with full unlocked exploration
* Made it twice as rare to get Darkdale as a vassal immediately in normal mode (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Made it impossible to get Darkdale as a vassal in hard mode and beyond (credit u/TheGamingDictator)

EXTRA PARTY EVENTS (9 features)

Another pack of events that can happen at Nairo's parties to make it feel like repetetive!

* Added ability to intervine in guard breakup of party if you are king of darkdale (3 responses)
* Added guards scarper away then partygoer cheers outcome
* Added guards nod and leave outcome
* Added guards close party outcome
* Added Kaff pickpocketing random party event
* Added Nerrad stops Kaff pickpocketing random party event
* Added hiccuping drunk are you the ruler of YOURKINGDOM party event
* Added you look like the ruler of YOURKINGDOM party event
* Added man recognises you and bows party event

MUSHROOMS (8 features)

The mushroom trip screens were pretty lacking now they're fixed up and there's a few more of them!

* Fixed all mushroom trip text spacing bugs
* Fixed all mushroom trip text colour bugs
* Fixed pause bug with animated face trip screen
* Added word vibrations trip event
* Added imaginary riches trip event
* Added rolling floor trip event
* Added prebirth existence trip event
* Added what am I trip event

BUGFIXES (25 features)

A lot of bugs fixed from both reports and playtesting, thanks for the help guys!

* Fixed Kaff shop options bug (Credit Germpot and u/thebestroll)
* Fixed Kaff gives hands you text bug
* Fixed issue with asking for troop support from ally/vassal typo
* Fixed no indicator of relation loss when requesting troops from ally/vassal
* Fixed 3 text errors in head diplomat what I do question
* Fixed deserter joining screen text showing your current soldier and knight figures instead of how many are joining you
* Fixed no gold taken from slapping goblin
* Fixed no gold loss indicator of slapping goblin
* Fixed nerrad party story text bug
* Fixed Nairo draws on Flobert even if Nairo is passed out
* Fixed Nerrad passing out event freezes game
* Fixed myck eye question text bug (credit Steve Killbane)
* Fixed oldest tree goblin stone text bug (credit Steve Killbane)
* Fixed goblin stone text bug (credit Steve Killbane)
* Fixed Eloc text bug
* Fixed hireable prisoners removed from game bug
* Fixed not able to see your current gold when speaking to silver tongue in throne room
* Fixed text bug with silver tongue in throne room
* Fixed troop non-direct troop screen only shown if there are troops relevant to it
* Fixed missing linesplit when destroying musicians guild
* Fixed Darkdale ruled by you only shows your flag on their walls on main screen but not in any district
* Fixed Nairos intro text hair miscolouration
* Fixed Blackbank 1 gold deposit duplication bug (credit Snaith)
* Fixed incorrect text when getting error screen with kingdom name
* Fixed names with sir title appearing when rolling a random name for your character

EVERYTHING ELSE (5 features)

A couple of things I couldn't fit in the other categories!

* Added new screens for setting up trade and cancelling trade with Smallhaven
* Reworked diplomats what I do section of dialogue
* Added text showing how many chances to ask people to join you in the blackmarket you have
* Added tags next to owned real estate in Darkdale now
* Updated Darkdale blocked from entering screen to mention their king

Hello everyone,

Just announcing that after 4 years of development and the 100+ updates on steam early access I am going to be increasing the price of Warsim on steam from $4.99 to $7.99 as of next month.

I'm always weary of pricing it to the point where it will exclude people who might genuinely want to play but I'm surviving almost entirely on a mix of Warsim and some savings at the moment and the difference in price really will make a difference for me.

I think when I first put the game on steam I didn't think much of it and wasn't sure if people would give it a chance but now after all this time and effort I know the game is worth it!

But regardless it will still be in seasonal steam sales and things so it will be possible to find it for less and it is still currently on 35% sale at it's current lower price :)

Happy to answer any questions and hear your thoughts!

Cheers

Huw

CHOOSE YOUR ORIGIN SYSTEM (12 features)

So for the longest time unless you played a custom game your origin was completely random. Random is fun, but sometimes you don't want to be shoehorned into being a demonic servant, or a bandit overlord right out of the gate. Now the system has been expanded and you can still choose randomness in the way of the new FATE option, but otherwise you're welcome to choose an origin that suits you and your desired playthrough a little better. I've also added a few differences in some of the options so even choosing the same origin twice might give you variation.

* Added new screen when starting a new game where you can choose your game origin
* Added ability to choose fate (get a random origin)
* Added new origin 'pulled sword from stone' (+5 public opinion)
* Added new origin 'Village elder last in line gets the throne after the rest died in disaster' (Arena is destroyed, -public op)
* Added rare chance that the disaster kills off old croll and gives you a random new diplomat
* Added rare chance that the disaster kills off ghoryn pikener and gives you a random new general
* Added new origin 'Slave army conquest' (-public opinion, start with slaver fort, start with slave army, mass desertion of normal army)
* Added rare chance that the slaver fort is destroyed during the conquest and you don't start with it
* Added new origin 'Winner of a tournament of strength' (+opinion, start with two strong champions)
* Added new origin 'It's a long story' (+public opinion, +new item in throne room, +some gold)
* Added rare chance the the 'long story' has an extra part where you gain a strong champion called 'Omer the Friend'
* Removed origin select screen from custom games

MERMEN MADNESS (4.3 Billion features)

Was messing around with the mermen faces and added a new eye type with a lot of variants, combined with all other possible parts of mermen faces there are now twice as many possible which has added over 4 billion new faces that can be generated... you know for all the folk who got bored of the first 4 billion of them.

* Added new eye type to Mermen/Triton faces
* Created a total of 4346939520 (4.3 Billion) new Mermen/Triton faces (8.6 billion total faces now)

MAGIC FARM IMPROVEMENTS (6 features)

Thanks to a suggestion by u/TimSEsq the magic farm has been reworked to make more sense!

* Reworked Magic farm to give barrels worth of Bluetrii instead of singles (credit u/TimSEsq)
* Reduced barrels to 25 fruit per barrel
* Fixed Magic farm gramamr bug
* Added new screen for looking at buying fruit
* Added new screen for successfully buying fruit
* Added new screen for failing to buy fruit

BUGFIXES (13 features)

Pretty much all of these bugs were reported by you guys so thanks!

* Fixed the land is your text bug (credit u/DrakoGFX)
* Fixed issue with showing -25 gold charge for entering owned scorpion pit (credit u/Mr_Choke)
* Fixed Scorpion betting max being increased when you enter owned pit (credit u/Mr_Choke)
* Fixed adventuers quarter tavern mages quarter dialogue (credit u/Mr_Choke)
* Fixed paying for mystery slaver cuts of theme music bug (credit u/theGamingDictator)
* Fixed incorrect text saying cost of fight in owned arena will need to be paid by you too (credit u/OddAndQuirkyUserName)
* Fixed Darkdale champion market not refreshing with any new champions (credit Walker)
* Fixed you you text bug in refugee kingdom screen (credit u/DrakoGFX)
* Fixed missing space bug in refugee kingdom menu (credit u/DrakoGFX)
* Fixed taxes and subsidies title error (credit VineFynn)
* Fixed grammar bugs in rebellion text
* Fixed 6 text bugs in Skull sign building in Artifact market (credit Mata)
* Fixed metallic text bug in skull sign building in Artifact market (credit Mata)

EVERYTHING ELSE (7 features)

A few uncatagorisable features added including my favourite, the ability to capture those Oooh snakes you find while exploring the south!

* Added yearly tribute indicator to mystery slaver
* Added the ability to capture wild Oooh snakes found in the south for your monster pit if you have available slot (credit Xenoyaut)
* Added dead kingdom music to Ancient plague game over screen
* Added new graphic to ancient plague game over screen
* Reworked text and formatting for ancient plague game over screen
* Added new patron to Gro'Loks stump (thank you so much!)
* Added rent text showing up in scorp pit when you own scorpion pit (credit Dark)

SCREENSHOTS

The new origin choice screen - https://i.imgur.com/fCDaLnM.png
Some new mermen - https://i.imgur.com/gJSpvIm.png

Hey guys so Warsim 0.8 the gigantic community update is here, I'm uploading the changelog here because it's too big but you can see it across these three steam announcements!

It's so big it had to be split across 3 steam update posts and it has over 1000 total features!

Part 1 - https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/659540/view/2194885323209872468
Part 2 - https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/659540/view/2194885323209879441
Part 3 - https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/659540/view/2194885323209884204

Hope everyone is staying safe in the lockdown!

ADVENTURER'S QUARTER EXPANDED (7 features)

The adventurer's quarter of the artifact market only had two locations inside it and was very much unfinished. I've added 3 new locations within the district to liven it up a bit. Now you've got a musician, a champion for hire, and a discount artifact shop selling mysterious crates for 'cheap'

* Added champion post to the artifact market adventurer's guild (hire a 180+ battlescore champion for 10x cost)
* Added Bladesinger to Artifact market (special song for 5 gold)
* Added screen with sfx for Bladesinger rejecting you if you don't have the gold
* Added new shop 'Gohran's Discount Artifacts' to the adventurer's district
* Added ability to speak to Gohran (7 dialogues)
* Added random number of artifact boxes each year between 5-20 available in Gohrans for 250 gold
* Added dynamic response to the value of the mystery artifact from Gohran

CULT CONSEQUENCE (4 features)

This was suggested by someone but I didn't note their username at the time so sorry to you! The person suggested that discovering the evil cult in Darkdale didn't offer any way to deal with them which is pretty bad for player choice, well now you can report the cult to everyones favourite guard commander, commander Nerrad!

* Added ability to report the cult of Ha'Hah in Darkdale to Commander Nerrad
* Added if town is ruled by cult Nerrad will shrug your report off
* Added if you rule Darkdale Nerrad will react more speedily to your report
* Added ability for Nerrad to destroy the cult of Ha'Hah following you report

SLAVE TRAINING (2 features)

Do you have a massive slave horde but none of them can fight? Need to quickly turn your slave farmers into an army? Look no further, for just 12000 gold you can train slaves into slave soldiers!

* Added new upgrade 'Slave Training Pen' (12k) found in military upgrades (Allows slaves to be trained into slave soldiers for 3 gold each) (credit Dark)
* Added slave training to the convert and disarm menu (if you have the upgrade)

THE BLUE HOUSE OF THE ARTIFACT MARKET (6 features)

Noticed a note for a location called 'Blue house' in the artifact market so decided to add it in and made up a small storyline for the location and a new sound effect I made.

* Added new location to the mage district called 'Blue House'
* Added ability to go inside and encounter with character
* Added ability to take ownership of blue house
* Added ability to enlist improvement service for blue house
* Added ability to rent blue house out for modest yearly income
* Added ability to destroy blue house

HOLY ORDER OF THE ROSES EXPANDED (14 features)

Was playtesting and saw the Holy order in game and wasn't too impressed so I've added a lot more you can do with it now and improved the old stuff.

* Added ability to destroy the holy order citadel
* Added ability to close the holy order citadel down and take it's 20 last knights
* Added ability to reclaim closed holy order by installing 20 knights inside it
* Added new screen for taking over holy order citadel initially
* Added new screen for destroyed holy order citadel
* Added new screen for abandoned holy order citadel
* Added ability to ask about forts history and view statue in owned citadel
* Added ability to view statue in owned but abandoned citadel
* Added ability to ask for more specific information about Holy order's garrison
* Fixed text for holy roses owned citadel
* Fixed holy order intro text bugs
* Rewrote holy order of the roses about section
* Added text showing how many troops holy citadel provides if you own it
* Added new songwood exploration screen tags for the various states of the citadel

BUGFIXES (17 features)

Lots of bugfixes mostly suggested by you guys! thanks as always for the reports.

* Fixed knights of Darkdale not giving you 50 knights (credit mithc)
* Fixed several text bugs in the long story player intro
* Fixed Negon's hovels listed twice in Darkdale (credit u/thebestroll)
* Fixed drum loop music not ending if music disabled (credit Mata)
* Fixed Blackrow text bugs for certain intro texts (credit Niklas)
* Fixed monument of kings viewing not working for ascii free version of game (credit Niklas)
* Fixed Prisoner trade with Baiaa still happens after they are destroyed (credit u/binkow)
* Fixed robbing monster trader doesn't give you a new monster
* Fixed incorrectly shown options for larger pit when fighting arena champion with monster
* Fixed monster vs champion crash if arena doesn't have champion
* Fixed text bugs in artifact market intros
* Fixed text bug in 4th stump of gro'lok's
* Fixed tribal goblins instead of bandits used to check how many you can afford to train in barracks
* Fixed training bandits not enough bandits text bug
* Fixed theme music not starting after leaving darkdale
* Fixed Zeef's mystery boxes text shows you can afford it with more than 5 gold instead of more than 100
* Fixed Zeef's mystery boxes not taking any gold from you when you buy a mystery box

EVERYTHING ELSE (1 feature)

* Renamed Gro'lok's stump location to Gro'lok's stumps (as there are now 4 instead of 1)

SCREENSHOTS

* https://i.imgur.com/aP15vAx.png
* https://i.imgur.com/oJQitXo.png
* https://i.imgur.com/WQjNVW6.png
* https://i.imgur.com/FrZfhGi.png
* https://i.imgur.com/abCaBjV.png

So this update is focused primarily on overhauling staff meetings as I was reviewing some notes I had for staff in my development plans. There's also the ability to tell jokes and get paid, and a couple of bugfixes and other misc stuff!

STAFF MEETING OVERHAUL (17 features)

Staff meetings can be held in your throne room where you can ask your current staff any of a number of questions. The system had some good information in it but there weren't many questions and they were laid out and designed poorly. The system has now had a reboot with lots of new questions split into categories, a new layout, and new systems such as the random arrival of staff, the ability to dismiss staff from meetings, and more answers that vary depending on the state of the world. This was a mountain of work as over 400 dialogues were written or revised but I'm glad to be able to finally present it!

* Added new council arrival for meeting system with sound effect and random entry text
* Added new category system for questions
* Added new introductory screen for your first meeting explaining some things
* Added jester's quirks such as Honk honk/wonk wonk/nervousness, will be displayed when they are asked questions
* Added ability to dismiss staff from meetings
* Reworked all questions layouts to better split text
* Rewrote 100+ dialogues from staff meetings to fit and make more sense
* Added 50+ new variants of old answers to be more dynamic
* Reworked all questions layouts for staff names
* Fixed all typos and grammar issues in meetings
* Added 'What sources of income should I look at next' question (25 replies)
* Added 'Are there any ways to reduce expenditure' question (25 replies)
* Added 'What do you know about the rebels' question (25 replies)
* Added 'What do you know about demons' question (25 replies)
* Added 'What do you know about demons' VARIANT FOR DEMONIC RULE (25 replies)
* Added 'how can I make my army more effective' question (25 replies)
* Added 'Are there any points of interest in this realm?' question (30 replies)

ARE YOU JOKING? (4 features)

Now once you've taken the jester's society class you will gain the ability to tell jokes for laughter and tips. You'll be better off in the higher class taverns but you can do what you want!

* Added ability to tell jokes in Darkdale taverns once you've taken the jesters society class
* Added 3 reactions to jokes being told
* Added higher gold reward for good jokes for Gilded Cresent tavern
* Added low level gold reward for good jokes for other taverns

NEW SOUNDS (4 features)

Can never have too much variation in sounds!

* Added new dragged wood sound effect
* Added new random sound used for looting boxes from smuggles den
* Added new random sound used for buying discount artifacts
* Added new random sound used for buying zeefs mystery boxes

BUGFIXES (8 features)

Thanks everyone for the bug reports here, always happy to get more bugs fixed!

* Fixed receiving rents from arena even if it's destroyed (credit Mata)
* Fixed text bug in Nairo's party
* Added +5 public opinion for defeating undead horde
* Fixed undead horde victory text
* Fixed missing screen for refusing to pay gold to view other kingdoms crown
* Fixed gift refusal text bug
* Fixed slaves to slave soldier's not upgrading properly (credit u/SpeaksDwarren)
* Fixed text bug with slime bard (credit generalbison)

This misc thing from my staff plans, now staff options are laid out better. Cheers for suggesting it Liosalpha!

* Sorted the options of staff to all have the fire option at the bottom instead of different for each staff member (credit Liosalpha)

Hey everyone, so not the biggest update but still plenty of new stuff and important changes. I've not managed to log a ton of hours into programming recently but I'm trying my best. I hope everyone is doing as good as they can during this pandemic, without further ado... the update.

TROOP HIRE AND TRAINING CHANGES (8 features)

Videovillain suggested that when you have a Barracks or Grand Barracks you should be able to do the troop training the upgrade offers outside of the location itself and in the main troop menu, this makes perfect sense and should have been done way earlier so It's now in the game. While working on it I noticed several other things that needed changes and fixes so several other improvements have been made.

* Added having barracks or grand barracks also allows the training to happen directly from the hire menus disarm and convert submenu (credit u/videovillain)
* Reworked Barracks and training ground intro texts
* Added new indicator inside Barracks and training ground showing how many troops are trained each year
* Added upgrade screen with sfx when upgrading barracks/training ground from within the other buildings screen
* Added slave training pen indicator in disarm and convert menu
* Added new text introduction to disarm and convert menu
* Added new text introduction to hire troop menu
* Added new text introduction to sell troop menu

FIXING THE NEAR NORTH (15 features)

After doing a Playthrough and exploring the near north I noticed a few issues with area descriptions among some other bugs, I've tried to fix as many of these as possible!

* Rewrote slaver's fort intro text
* Reworked slaver's fort title on near north menu
* Reworked Near north intro text
* Reworked fort northwatch text and grammar
* Fixed brawlers pit grammar issue
* Fixed brawlers pit intro text blocked for ascii free version of warsim
* Fixed shallowrock mine intro grammar issue
* Added new screen for buying Shallowrock mine
* Fixed option to buy shallowrock not being blocked when you can't afford it
* Fixed text bugs in ruined cartographers guildhall
* Reworked cartographers guild main menu
* Reworked thickblood tavern main text
* Reworked thickblood tavern owned main text
* Fixed text bug in phase 1 of fort ruin restoration
* Fixed grammar bug in ruined fort

NEW NAME SUFFIXES (2 features)

These were mentioned in Charkiboi's awesome new Warsim youtube video so I had to put them in, check it out here if you haven't seen it yet (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi4QXyItj5A)

* Added new name suffix 'the Rat-Squeezer' (-2 battlescore) (credit Charkiboi)
* Added new name suffix 'the Horse-Jerker' (-3 battlescore) (credit Charkiboi)

LOTS'O'AMULETS (5 features)

Was fixing a bug with the dwarvern amulet artifact and thought of 5 variants!

* Added 'fake dwarvern amulet' random loot artifact (worth 5 gold)
* Added 'broken dwarvern amulet' random loot artifact (worth 10 gold)
* Added 'ancient dwarvern amulet' random loot artifact (worth 155 gold)
* Added 'royal dwarvern amulet' random loot artifact (worth 160 gold)
* Added 'ancient royal dwarvern amulet' random loot artifact (worth 320 gold)

BUGFIXES (10 features)

A couple of fixes here, thanks VineFynn for the bug report I had this one noted from a while ago but finally got on top of it.

* Fixed Fort Kullak troops not appearing in troop count report (credit VineFynn)
* Fixed broken character used for a hero name prefix causing buggy character
* Fixed artifact market text bug
* Fixed ability to remove and invite non-existant staff to your staff meetings
* Fixed text bug with mystery box seller in artifact market
* Fixed dwarvern amulet artifact name bug
* Fixed scorpion pit intro text
* Fixed text split bug when arresting mystery slaver
* Fixed fort Gorthmek grammar bugs
* Fixed artifact market champion post taking 20% more gold than advertised

EVERYTHING ELSE (2 features)

Some changes made here and a change to the mystery slaver as 75 gold seems too steep.

* Temporarily removed ancient lands and ancient map from the game (as it's unfinished)
* Reduced mystery slaver cost to 50 gold

BETTER FORTS (24 features)

DazaKiwi pointed out a very good thing that was totally missing from fortresses and that's the ability to install and remove troops! Now that and much more has been fixed. There's also a new outcome for buying Fort Kullak, if the bandit horde is active then the bandit garrison of the fort will head off and join them.

* Added ability to add troops to garrisons of forts (tethered to max based on commander skill and fort level)
* Added ability to remove troops for owned forts
* Fixed all 4 forts unupgrading if you demote the leaders
* Added demoting leader gives you all troops from the fort
* Added new screen for demoting leader from all forts
* Fixed upgraded fort graphic not showing for all screens
* Fixed option to buy fort Kullak still visible if you don't have the gold
* Added new screen for capturing fort Kullak from Gor the bastard
* Added Fort Kullak estimate of garrison
* Added new screen for buying fort Kullak
* Added garrison of Fort Kullak will join the bandit horde if active if you buy Kullak
* Fixed line split issue in setting rules of the fort (all forts)
* Fixed grammar issue in fort rules (some forts)
* Fixed troop report for fort sending you only one soldier text
* Fixed troop recruitment for forts able to go over max capacity one time
* Fixed typo in rules of fort text
* Added indicator of gold gained when capturing fort Gorthmek
* Fixed gorthmek unupgrading when bought from Yurik the oppresor if upgraded
* Added new screen for buying fort gorthmek for Yurik the oppresor
* Fixed option to buy fort gorthmek visible even if you don't have 50000 gold
* Fixed fort aslona new commander screen showing unupgraded fort
* Fixed fort aslona graphic heigh changing on different screens
* Fixed installing new leader of fort shows benefits of unupgraded fort even if fort upgraded
* Fixed option to upgrade fort not blocked out if you don't have the gold

QUEST ITEM GALORE (17 features)

Can never have too many quest items, now we've got another batch!

* Added 'red dragon crested gold shield' random loot artifact (worth 350 gold)
* Added 'a crude drawing of a goblin on some hide' random loot artifact (worth 3 gold)
* Added 'tankard made of demon bone' random loot artifact (worth 320 gold)
* Added 'chipped obsidian pot' random loot artifact (worth 120 gold)
* Added 'finely decorated obsidian pot' random loot artifact (worth 199 gold)
* Added 'gold lined obsidian pot' random loot artifact (worth 290 gold)
* Added 'hat made of rat pelt' random loot artifact (worth 10 gold)
* Added 'golden toe' random loot artifact (worth 110 gold)
* Added 'bottle of purple mist' random loot artifact (worth 145 gold)
* Added 'bottle of red mist' random loot artifact (worth 125 gold)
* Added 'bottle of green mist' random loot artifact (worth 120 gold)
* Added 'bottle of cyan mist' random loot artifact (worth 145 gold)
* Added 'bottle of old elven wine' random loot artifact (worth 30 gold)
* Added 'jar of sand' random loot artifact (worth 3 gold)
* Added 'set of dice made of diamond' random loot artifact (worth 400 gold)
* Added 'set of dice made of gold' random loot artifact (worth 160 gold)
* Added 'set of dice made of gold and encrusted with gems' random loot artifact (worth 360 gold)

CHAOTIC MONSTERS (6 features)

While thinking about extra uses for chaos orbs recently I thought it would be great if you could feed them to your monster pit monsters, now if you've got a chaos orb you have a new option when feeding your monsters to feed them an orb, be warned there's a 1/6 chance it will kill your pet beast but if it doesn't the orb will grant a +10 strength bonus (normal feeding gives +1) the orbs bonuses will also ignore the max strength cap of 20 meaning you can abuse the chaos orb system to create some seriously overpowered monsters!

* Added ability to feed chaos orb to monsters
* Added 5/6 chance of +10 strength for monster
* Added 1/6 chance of monster death
* Added special new sound effect for monster eating orb
* Added special new sound effect for monster eating orb and dying
* Fixed typo in monster pit feeding screen

BUGFIXES (4 features)

Couple of loose bugfixes, cheers Mithc for the reports!

* Fixed Akall fortress text bug (credit Mithc)
* Fixed text and grammar issues in the south coast
* Fixed mad king execution typo (credit Mithc)
* Fixed blackmarket troop indicator bug when installing troops

* Rewrote destroyed blackmarket text

SCREENSHOTS

* New Northwatch menu - https://i.imgur.com/khENN8Q.png
* New Troop screen in Northwatch - https://i.imgur.com/eqCFzC6.png
* New option in the monster feed screen - https://i.imgur.com/boPZYEm.png
* Monster Stronk now! - https://i.imgur.com/tWyiCLp.png

WHAT'S NEXT

Hey everyone, I'm doing a bit of spring cleaning of my Warsim to-do list recently clearing loose ideas collected over the years. My next update will be looking into Bandit gangs and the potential of new groups rising where others fall.

I hope everyone is doing good and staying as safe as they can!

Hello everyone,

So I've been working on this update for the past week or so after having something similar on my to-do list and having had the general idea suggested a few times by players.

The idea is that new minor bandit gangs should spring up as other falls, while still allowing players to completely wipe bandits out and prevent respawning. This idea gave birth to the general bandit level system.

The idea of a background general level of banditry is that a world with a big bandit problem would have plenty of groups quickly fill any power vacuums when older groups died off, however a world where bandits have been repeatedly killed off and given little chance to recover would only rarely see new groups rise up. And of course for those mass-murderin' completionists you can eradicate the bandit threat for good if you push hard enough.

Read more about the general bandit level below, or scroll further down to see a fully documented playtest in action (with screenshots) showing how I took a test world from completely infested with bandits to bandits being completely extinct.

-The General Bandit Level

The general bandit level is a number that represents the level of banditry in the realm. there are 10 different tiers it can be at;

* Completely Infested (90+)
* Infested (80+)
* Endemic (70+)
* Many-Hordes (60+)
* Horde-Like (50+)
* Emergent (40+)
* Minor (30+)
* Very Minor (20+)
* Petty (10+)
* Near-Extinct (1+)
* Extinct (0)

These levels effect several things in game, firstly they affect the number of troops bandit groups recruit each year. In realms where the bandit level is extremely high minor bandit gangs and Phenor's Bandit horde will get up to an extra 3x bonus in number of recruits, and at extremely low levels of banditry they get half of their average recruits.

The level also effects the odds of both the bandit level increasing each year and the likelihood of new bandit gangs popping up to fill the void of old dead bandit gangs. If a realm is infested you will see new gangs spring up almost instantly to take their place, but with each group of bandits killed and certain laws passed the bandit level will drop.

It is possible to play with this feature in a number of ways, you can take a hardline stance against the bandits and wipe out any minor gang the moment they rise, capture all bandit forts and put anti-bandit laws in place such as the Bandit Scourge. Over time you will see this bandit level drop with the ability to push them to extinction. You may also just keep the bandits level at bay, crushing disobedient hostile bandit groups but ignoring other more compliant ones. You may also wish to leave the bandits to their own devices, this is especially effective if rival factions have more hatrid for bandits as this will thin them out with the constant fighting.

-New Bandit Gangs

New bandit gangs don't just come out of thin air, there are 20 possible origins for these gangs, many of them only possible in certain scenarios. One bandit gang may be formed out of your own Bandit units, but this would only happen if you were a popular and kind ruler, if you were an evil and unpopular one the bandits wouldn't abandon you.

Another bandit gang could be formed of breakaways pulling directly from the Bandit Horde, the Blackmarket, the North Merc Post, Fort Northwatch, or any number of other bandit filled regions. Of course if those locations were destroyed or owned by you and missing their bandit garrisons, this wouldn't happen.

It's even possible for a mercenary group (as long as not under contract with you) turning to banditry, meaning they have the same leader and the same number of men, so keep an eye on those tough mercenary groups, and if you fill a mercenary group with 10'000 of your own soldiers and then fire the group, you'll bet there's a possibility that those 10'000 men could become nasty raiding bandits so be mindful.

-A Tale of a Playtest

https://i.imgur.com/er351Gt.png

I playtested setting the bandit level near it's max of 100 which is 'completely infested', from here I set out to completely wipe out the bandit population and reduce the bandit level to 0.

https://i.imgur.com/vYh0GVd.png

There were five minor bandit gangs at game start, two of them starting with a truce with me (that won't last). I went out and hired a tough mercenary group which had four attacks per year and very tough warriors with 120 battlescore each. I hired them and filled their ranks with all of my soldiers and then sent them to fight against the weakest minor bandits and invade their lands.

https://i.imgur.com/WJQIALt.png

One of the groups fell pretty early and the bandit level was dropped by 3. Not long afterwards that same turn a second group fell knocking the bandit level down by another 3.

https://i.imgur.com/LFLXCqr.png

At the end of that turn the bandit level rose by 1 naturally, and a new group arose in the place of one of the dead ones. This group was called the Burgling Sons and was made of old deserters and runaways. Meanwhile one of the kingdoms in my game defeated a third minor bandit gang knocking the level down by another -3.

https://i.imgur.com/o3lpr9c.png

Next turn I focused my efforts on crushing this new bandit group first, with their defeat and another -3 bandit level this took the total to 87, and dropped it from Completely Infested to Infested.

https://i.imgur.com/nei8q5h.png

With these many bandit gangs cut down I decided to focus my effort on the bandit horde and other bandit owned locations to reduce the total bandit level further.

https://i.imgur.com/bYb1WL8.png

After a lot of mercenary effort the bandit horde was on it's knees, with them gone the bandit level dropped a whopping 10 points as the bandit horde was a big and important part of bandit influence in the realm.

https://i.imgur.com/QJLOtM9.png

Now the problem has dropped down to being endemic, ended now are the times of huge recruitment bonuses for bandit factions, but the realm is still pretty bandit-filled, much more work to do.

https://i.imgur.com/KcgTMpL.png

https://i.imgur.com/fi8ywz9.png

The next turn the bandit level rose by 1, and two new bandit groups arose; one made up of hireable bandits from the Northern Merc Post (called the Unabashed Lobster Pillagers LOL), and the other a group of disgruntled peasants. I quickly set my sights on these newly spawned groups and looked to put them down.

https://i.imgur.com/kaDUg4M.png

With them both dead there were no active bandit gangs and the bandit level was reduced to 66, or 'Many Hordes'. We're getting somewhere but there's still work to be done.

https://i.imgur.com/0cjUKKp.png

I captured the Blackmarket knocking 3 more levels of banditry down, and captured Fort Northwatch for another 3 pointer.

https://i.imgur.com/07qvjaF.png

https://i.imgur.com/TACB36w.png

At the end of that turn the bandit level rose by 1, and two more bandit groups sprang up. They were a group of robbers and outlaws called 'Green Scouts', and a mutiny of every bandit in my whole army who formed a new group called the 'Tall Association' the Bastards. I prepared to attack, hitting the mutineers first.

https://i.imgur.com/OFgLoUb.png

Now the bandit level was at 55, Horde-Like. Finally the bandit problem was falling under control and no active group bar the garrison of Fort Kullak were filling the power vacuum... But of course more came.

https://i.imgur.com/EviwCRc.png

Opportunists from Fort Kullak split off and formed a new gang, weakening the garrison of the fort at the same time. There were only 115 of them and they were quickly cut down.

https://i.imgur.com/BoCJOcx.png

The next turn the bandit level rose again, and three new groups popped up to fill the void. One of these was a mercenary group called the Daylight Eagles who I'd contracted with in the past to fight against these bandit gangs... I trusted you.

https://i.imgur.com/9DDTmkP.png

These three new groups were quick to fall at the hands of my bulked up mercenary companies and soon the bandit level was looking even better at 45, now banditry was an emergent threat rather than a looming horde in the background.

https://i.imgur.com/eIphi2b.png

Waiting 2 years a new bandit group made up of sea raiders landed, they were the United Sons. I crushed them, but now will slower appearing bandit groups due to the lower level I set to new ways to reduce their number, Laws.

https://i.imgur.com/lwPMUdz.png

I declared a bandit scourge and offered 5 gold per head for any bandit captured, this instantly lowered the bandit level by 2 and will further drop it by 1 each turn from now on. I also enacted the rehabilitation law costing me 1k per turn but helping reform those who may have chosen the way of the bandit. This also dropped the bandit level by 2 and would further drop it by 1 each year. Now with these expensive laws I could help bleed the bandit level down as time goes on.

https://i.imgur.com/5PnrGpB.png

After a few years and one or two pop up gangs being crushed the bandit level was now 'Very Minor' at 28, the end is near!

https://i.imgur.com/Q9qO8Ja.png

Another 10 years and three new groups and the bandit level was down to 14, or 'Petty'. Once the bandit level goes below 10 no new bandit groups can spawn and the bandit level can't naturally increase so unless you cancel some anti-bandit laws and close down your prison once it goes beyond that point the bandits aren't likely to return.

https://i.imgur.com/tOzf32n.png

After another 5 years, one the year my anti-bandit laws dropped the bandit level to 9, 'Near-Extinct' would you believe it, two bandit gangs arise in the final moments. I put them down with my superior merc army and dropped the bandit level to

https://i.imgur.com/DOr2hcU.png

Now with all the groups dead and no chance of any new ones spawning I'm left with only one option to root out the very final remnants of the bandit scourge on my realm. Using my spymaster I gain a new option to 'Attempt to root out the last remnants of banditry'

https://i.imgur.com/0EyUKhO.png

It was a success and my spymaster was able to find the last vestage of banditry, a small hidden group called the Nightfall Virgil, 339 bandits strong... They were short work for my men!

https://i.imgur.com/8jFDuhy.png

And that's it, bandits Extinct. There's still a group of bandits up in Fort Kullak but they are isolated, banditry in the realm in general is over.

-121.5 Million New Bandit Graphics

https://i.imgur.com/UH0aRr1.png

While this is a fun little extra for the update, it's nothing game-changing. Now each bandit group will have their own troop image, a unique style for their troops. There are 121.5 million of these graphics in total so you'll never see the same one twice!

You can also play around with this in the extras and generators screen with a brand new random generation tool.

-What's Left?

So it's very close to being finished but I still have a number of things I need to test and a couple of other features to look at, hopefully this update will be released some time this week.

Thank you all and hope you're all doing good and staying safe

Cheers

Huw

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your patience on this one, I'm proud to announce the 'Bandits of the Realm' update. This update completely reworks how minor bandits work and adds a sort of background population of bandits. It's now possible that a realm can become infested with bandits, where all bandit factions gain huge recruitment bonuses, and any defeated minor bandit gangs are quickly replaced with new ones. Of course the bandit level can be reduced by defeating these gangs and putting down any bandit influence in the realm as well as enacting policy.

My recent post about this update with a fully documented infested bandit playthrough can be seen here - https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/659540/view/2209525206376708977

BANDITS OF THE REALM (19 features)

I've tried to split the update into a few categories but most of the major stuff is here!

* Added new general bandit level system tracking the level of banditry in the realm
* Added randomisation for starting general bandit level based on current existing factions (ie if Bandit Horde exists)
* Added new bandits of the realm screen with 11 dynamic graphics and tiers
* Added tracker showing all active bandit groups in the realm
* Added ability to ask how you can reduce the bandit level
* Added ability to ask how you can increase the bandit level
* Added ability for new bandit groups to arise at the end of a turn if there are free slots (depending on how high the bandit level is)
* Added the ability to disable notifications of new bandit groups popping up
* Added ability to view the current effects of the bandit level
* Added 'secret' code 69 which if entered on bandits of the realm screen sets the bandit level to something random
* Removed diplomacy skill requirement to see minor bandit groups
* Renamed minor bandit groups section of diplomacy to bandit groups
* if game start with no minor bandit groups then bandit groups section is renamed to bandits of the realm and takes you directly to bandits of the realm assessment screen
* Added all minor bandit gangs get a custom and unique graphic for what their troops look like (121.5 million total)
* All newly spawned bandit groups get completely random relations with all factions in the game
* Added ability to choose a custom bandit level when playing a custom game (in the bandit scenario settings)
* Added new cheat code 450 (allows bandit level to be set to anything you wish)
* Reworked view minor bandit stats to show proper unit breakdown now
* Added if loading a save from pre-bandit update, bandit level will be randomised upon load

NEW BANDIT GANG FORMATION ORIGINS (21 features)

As the game progresses and some gangs fall, new ones will rise to take their place (if the bandit level isn't below 9). With each gang destroyed the bandit level will drop, keep chopping these gangs down and eventually your bandit problems will permanently disappear.

* Added outlaws and robbers bandit gang spawn origin
* Added landless marauders bandit gang spawn origin
* Added road robbers bandit gang spawn origin
* Added ravers bandit gang spawn origin
* Added landed sea raiders bandit gang spawn origin
* Added looters bandit gang spawn origin
* Added mountain bandits bandit gang spawn origin
* Added disgruntled villagers bandit gang spawn origin
* Added old deserters bandit gang spawn origin
* Added backwater village militia bandit gang spawn origin
* Added Blackmarket Garrison offshoot (which takes troops from the Blackmarket garrison) bandit gang spawn origin
* Added Merc band turning bandit (only if group is not hired by the player) bandit gang spawn origin
* Added Blackmarket Mercenaries (which takes troops from the Blackmarket mercs) bandit gang spawn origin
* Added Northern Merc Post Offshot (which takes troops from the northern merc post) bandit gang spawn origin
* Added Northern Merc Post Entire garrison (which takes all hireable bandits from northern merc post) bandit gang spawn origin
* Added Fort Kullak Offshoot (which takes troops from Fort Kullak's garrison) bandit gang spawn origin
* Added Bandit Horde units offshoot (which takes troops from the Bandit Horde faction) bandit gang spawn origin
* Added Fort Northwatch Offshoot (which takes troops from the Fort Northwatch garrison) bandit gang spawn origin
* Added Your bandits offshoot (only if you have a decent number of bandit units and your public opinion is above 0) bandit gang spawn origin
* Added All of Your bandits offshoot (only if you have a decent number of bandit units and your public opinion is above 50) bandit gang spawn origin
* Added ability to request not to see bandit group formation notifications on the pop up windows at the end of turn

ROOTING OUT THE LAST REMNANTS OF BANDITRY (5 features)

Have you reduced banditry to the brink? struggling to find those final pesky bandit groups? Fear not, send your spymaster to root out the remnant bandits, if successful you'll find a new bandit group made up of the last remnants which if destroyed will push that tiny bandit level even lower, keep it up and they'll be extinct.

* Added ability to send spymaster to find last remnants of banditry (only if bandit level above 0 but below 9, and all minor bandit gangs are dead, and you have a spymaster)
* Added if spymaster skill under 50 then 1 in 5 odds of finding remnant bandits
* Added if spymaster skill under 100 then 1 in 3 odds of finding remnant bandits
* Added if spymaster skill under 150 then 1 in 2 odds of finding remnant bandits
* Added if spymaster skill higher than 150 then always find remnant bandits

BANDIT LEVEL MODIFIERS (23 features)

As you and other groups exist and interact with bandits in your world the bandit level will rise and fall, if big bandit groups die off then overall banditry goes down, but a prison break? some pro-bandit laws? maybe you free 3000 of your bandit units and let them loose, then you'll see the bandit level skyrocket, helpful if you've got some rivals who are always picking fights with bandits.

* Added bandit level drops by 2 if a minor bandit gang is assimilated by you as bandit king
* Added bandit level drops by 3 if a minor bandit gang is destroyed by you or someone else
* Added bandit level drops by 10 if the bandit horde is destroyed by you or someone else, or bribed by you
* Added bandit level drops by 2 if you enact bandit scourge law (and -2 each year)
* Added bandit level drops by 2 if you enact the rehab law (and -1 each year)
* Added bandit level drops by 3 if you capture the Blackmarket
* Added bandit level drops by 3 if the (unowned) Blackmarket is destroyed in world events
* Added bandit level drops by 3 if you capture fort Northwatch
* Added bandit level drops by 3 if you capture fort Kullak
* Added bandit level drops by 2 if you re-enforce unenforced laws
* Added bandit level drops by 2 if you re-open your closed prison
* Added bandit level drops by 3 if you cancel the evil pillaging law
* Added bandit level raises by 3 if you enact the evil pillaging law
* Added bandit level raises by 1 if there is a prison break
* Added bandit level raises by 3 if Phenor successfully pulls off a bandit truce between the horde and minor gangs
* Added bandit level raises by 3 if you close your prison
* Added bandit level raises by 1 for every 150 prisoners freed when closing your prison
* Added bandit level raises by 2 if you allow outlaws back into society
* Added bandit level raises by 3 if you lose Blackmarket to bandit rebels
* Added bandit level raises by 2 if you cancel or can't pay the rehab law
* Added bandit level raises by 2 if you cancel or can't pay the bandit scourge
* Added bandit level raises by 1 for every 150 of your bandit units that you disband from your army
* Added code to prevent bandit level increasing beyond 100 and below 0

BANDIT LEVEL EFFECTS (19 features)

The bandit level of the realm effects many things, mainly how quickly new gangs arise, how quickly the bandit level continues to grow, and the recruitment bonuses for bandit factions.

* Bandit level of 90+ gives bandit horde, bandit gangs, and player if bandit king origin 3x recruitment bonus
* Bandit level of 90+ allows new minor bandit groups to instantly replace dead ones at the end of turn
* Bandit level of 90+ grants 5/6 chance of bandit level increasing by +1 at the end of turn
* Bandit level of 80+ gives 50/50 chance any empty bandit gang slot will have a replacement gang take over at the end of turn
* Bandit level of 70+ grants 4/6 chance of bandit level increasing by +1 at the end of turn
* Bandit level of 70+ gives bandit horde, bandit gangs, and player if bandit king origin 2.5x recruitment bonus
* Bandit level of 60+ gives 25% chance any empty bandit gang slot will have a replacement gang take over at the end of turn
* Bandit level of 50+ grants 3/6 chance of bandit level increasing by +1 at the end of turn
* Bandit level of 50+ gives bandit horde, bandit gangs, and player if bandit king origin 2x recruitment bonus
* Bandit level of 40+ gives 1/6 chance any empty bandit gang slot will have a replacement gang take over at the end of turn
* Bandit level of 30+ gives 1/7 chance any empty bandit gang slot will have a replacement gang take over at the end of turn
* Bandit level of 20+ gives 1/8 chance any empty bandit gang slot will have a replacement gang take over at the end of turn
* Bandit level of 10+ gives 1/9 chance any empty bandit gang slot will have a replacement gang take over at the end of turn
* Bandit level of 25+ grants 2/6 chance of bandit level increasing by +1 at the end of turn
* Bandit level of 25+ gives bandit horde, bandit gangs, and player if bandit king origin 1.5x recruitment bonus
* Bandit level of 10+ grants 1/6 chance of bandit level increasing by +1 at the end of turn
* Bandit level of 9 or less theres no chance of bandit level naturally increasing
* Bandit level of 9 or less theres no chance of new bandit gangs spawning
* Bandit level of 9 or less gives bandit horde, bandit gangs, and player if bandit king origin half their normal bandit recruits

REWORKING BANDIT ASSIMILATION (7 features)

Bandit assimilation was a feature available to players who chose/or got the Bandit King origin story, with it players with under 20 public opinion are able to attempt to assimilate minor bandit gangs into their kingdom, previously this had a 100% success rate but has now been reworked and given a cooldown as well as several issues with it fixed.

* Made bandit king assimilating minor bandit gangs not 1 in 3 odds of success instead of 100% of the time
* Limited player to one attempt per year of assimilating each gang
* Removed irrelevant text from successful assimilation screen
* Fixed 0 gold gained being shown in assimilation screen
* Fixed 0 bandits gained being shown in assimilation screen
* Fixed 0 warlords gained being shown in assimilation screen
* Added new screen for failed assimilating attempt with 3 different dialogues

DEAD GANGS (4 features)

It's always been possible that bandit gangs end up with no men but still hold land, in that event visiting said gang in diplomacy will now show a different menu where the desperate gang leader will always be willing to buy new troops at an inflated rate.

* Added new minor bandit gang diplomacy screen variant if gang has no troops
* Added ability to sell troops to desperate troopless bandit for twice normal sell value (20 gold)
* Added new dialogue and sfx when trying to talk to bandit leader of troopless gang
* Added indicator on troop sell screen showing exactly how many they can afford to buy from you

CHEAT UPDATES (8 features)

Added a new cheat for the bandit system and ended up reworking several other cheat related features!

* Added new cheat code 450 (allows bandit level to be set to anything you wish)
* Reworked 111 cheat code list to include all cheat codes
* Reworked layout of 111 cheat code list
* Reworked order of cheats to be in numerical order on cheatlist
* Added text blurb for each cheat code to 111 cheat code list
* Reworked layout of 211 Debug code list
* Updated set your origin cheat to include new origins
* Reworked layout of set your origin cheat

NEW BANDIT GRAPHICS (5 features)

A new system built on a whim that has over 121.5 million possible unique bandit troop graphics!

* Added new proc gen bandit graphic system capable of producing 121.5 million unique troop images
* Added bandit troop graphic generator to extras and generators
* Added text section to the graphic generator explaining it's origin
* Added bandit troop graphic concept notes to Warsim extras folder
* Added if loading a save from pre-bandit update, bandit gangs with receive random troop graphics

INTEREST-ING (1 feature)

Quite a neat idea by NotFox, now you'll be able to see your expected interest when you have money in the bank.

* Added indication of expected bank interest (credit NotFox)

HUNGRY MONSTERS (1 feature)

A good point made by Odieman, you couldn't feed prisoners to your monsters, now you can!

* Added the ability to feed monsters your prisoners (Credit odieman222)

VICTORY SCREENS REWORKED (17 features)

The screens for defeating factions are a little outdated, now they've all been updated with a slightly new layout. Also defeating mercenaries and kingdoms grants new different rewards than before!

* Added new small group of imprisoned soldiers victory screen reward for defeating a kingdom
* Added new reserves and hopefuls victory screen reward for defeating a kingdom
* Added new peasant rally victory screen reward for defeating a kingdom
* Added new famed knights army victory screen reward for defeating a kingdom
* Added new outlaw group victory screen reward for defeating a kingdom
* Added new peasant prisoner group victory screen reward for defeating a kingdom
* Added new treasury looted victory screen reward for defeating a kingdom
* Made reward for defeating merc groups varied between 100-4100 instead of always 1000 gold
* Made new screen for Minor goblin tribe joining you event after Krut Defeat
* Reworked minor bandit defeat screen and merged it into one
* Reworked rebels victory screens and fixed layout and grammar bugs
* Reworked bandit horde victory screens and fixed layout and grammar bugs
* Reworked Krut Victory screens and fixed grammar and layout bugs
* Reworked Erak Victory screens and fixed grammar and layout bugs
* Reworked Mercenary victory screens and fixed grammar and layout bugs
* Reworked independent kingdom victory screens and fixed grammar and layout bugs
* Reworked sentinel kingdom victory screens

BUGFIXES (18 features)

Lots of bugfixes in this, thanks to everyone who reported their issues!

* Fixed necromancer kingdoms raising the undead still happening even if the kingdom is dead
* Fixed space kingdoms blasting off event happening even if they are dead
* Fixed space kingdoms blasting off event happening even if they've already blasted off
* Fixed grammar issue in vassal independence text
* Fixed gold incorrectly shown as deducted from you when merc attack cancelled and refunded
* Fixed Nario asking how the party has been so far repeatedly
* Fixed slave revolt diplomacy unskilled diplomat warning missing
* Fixed deserters diplomacy unskilled diplomat warning missing
* Fixed theme music choice at new game improperly/not showing (active) indicator if no music selected
* Fixed getting rid of a champion in training at combat academy invalidates the training slot (credit u/YetiRoadBurger)
* Fixed buy fort gorthmek option appearing twice (credit u/YetiRoadBurger)
* Fixed issues with layout and false option number for ancient scythe in artifact market (credit u/YetiRoadBurger)
* Fixed impassioned speech throne room text bug (credit u/YetiRoadBurger)
* Fixed closing the prison text split issue
* Fixed bug with scrawny race prefix having spacing issues
* Fixed layout and text bug for love cultist throne room encounter
* Fixed what are you orders text bug issuing orders to knightly order
* Fixed extra line appearing on battle screen if not playing a timed game

CLEAR CODE (7 features)

Been clearing out some areas of the game with unused code from systesm I've worked on historically, pretty much all of this has literally no bearing on the game at all but I'm putting it here anyway.

* Removed bandit fort unused code
* Removed irrelevant code from monster fighting grand champion
* Removed uneeded code in independent messenger encounter
* Removed useless code from vampire bard guessing game
* Removed old useless remnant of custom game start code
* Removed loose useless code in game refresh phase
* Removed useless code for bards face colour

Noticed capturing fort northwatch didn't have it's own screen, now it does!

* Made new screen for capturing fort northwatch

SCREENSHOTS

* Infested realm - https://i.imgur.com/SpaIKGV.png
* Defeating the horde - https://i.imgur.com/Vr6h3qF.png
* New gang popping up - https://i.imgur.com/mNctuTY.png
* Almost all bandits gone - https://i.imgur.com/JDq1nY2.png
* Bandits gone - https://i.imgur.com/DtmOuoS.png
* New Bandit graphics - https://i.imgur.com/W5ziKAW.png

WHAT'S NEXT

I'm having a little break after this update and then I'm going to try and work through my backlog of bug reports and suggestions and look at some mercenary ideas from my to-do list.

Thank you for reading and hope you are all safe and well wherever you are!

Cheers

Huw

Hey everyone,

This update is me catching up on player reports and the result of some playtesting. We've got better village champion battles, slight tweaks to tournaments, tweaks to the stones of the realm, more loot, better fort demotion, a new system for kingdom names, improvements on a special event, a fix for some combat issues, and tons of other bugfixes and improvements.

VILLAGE CHAMPIONS IMPROVED (14 features)

The challenging village champions system was an afterthought, you send a champion to fight and kill the village champions if they win cool, if they lose you lose a champion... Boring. Now when you win you'll be shown the rival champion being burried and then will be awared a random item of loot from the village. While adding this in I also reworked and fixed several things in these villages champion challenge system and beyond.

* Added defeating village champion gives you a random item reward from the village
* Added new screen and sfx for defeated Rihhm champion being buried
* Reworked who shall challenge village champion screen and blocked empty champion slots
* Added 3 new random screens at start of smallhaven champion challenge
* Added new screen and sfx for defeated Smallhaven champion being buried
* Added new screen for Smallhaven new champion announcement
* Fixed Rihhm village champion doesn't want to talk to you text bug
* Fixed ransacked Smallhaven screen text bugs
* Fixed abandoned Smallhaven screen text bugs
* Fixed burned Smallhaven screen text bugs
* Fixed ransacked rihhm screen text bugs
* Fixed abandoned rihhm screen text bugs
* Fixed burned rihhm screen text bugs
* Fixed text bugs in Rihhms pre-champion challenge text

TOURNEY TWEAKS (5 features)

NotFox on steam noticed that his grand champions strength was changing after tournaments, this was due to bonus strength rewards granted to the champions but they weren't visibly shown, now there are indicators showing the change as well as a few other tweaks!

* Fixed grammar issues in many tournament screens
* Added indicator at end of 8 man tournament of +1 strength reward for winner
* Added indicator at end of 16 man tournament of +2 strength reward for winner
* Added indicator at end of 32 man tournament of +3 strength reward for winner
* Added indicator at end of grand tournament of +3 strength reward for winner

THE STONES OF THE REALM (15 features)

There are many (mainly northern) stones that can be touched and rubbed for various effects, in a playtest I realised some parts of these were lacking, now they've all been reworked!

* Added new sound effect for rubbing a stone
* Added new screen for rubbing the doomstone
* Added new screen for rubbing the explorers stone (with indicator of gained explore chance)
* Added new screen for rubbing the old stone
* Added new screen for ancient northern stone
* Added new screen with sfx for destroying ancient north stone
* Added destroying ancient north stone gives -2 public opinion
* Reworked ancient north stone secret screen
* Added new sound effect to ancient north stone secret screen
* Added new screen to rubbing the goblinstone
* Added new screen to rubbing the strengthstone
* Added new screen to rubbing the harveststone
* Fixed missing line in destroying strength stone screen
* Fixed ancient north stone secret skipping
* Fixed old stone undead horde event missing line

MOAR LOOT (20 features)

As always, seeing as a new loot reward system has been added I thought I'd broaded the loot list again!

* Added 'rare mispressed gold coin with two kissing heads' random loot artifact (worth 100 gold)
* Added 'shield made of troll hide' random loot artifact (worth 110 gold)
* Added 'statue of a peasant man' random loot artifact (worth 40 gold)
* Added 'demonic lute' random loot artifact (worth 120 gold)
* Added 'rusty old spear' random loot artifact (worth 5 gold)
* Added 'broken orcish talisman' random loot artifact (worth 6 gold)
* Added 'fake orcish talisman' random loot artifact (worth 3 gold)
* Added 'ancient orcish talisman' random loot artifact (worth 125 gold)
* Added 'mysterious rainbow coloured coin' random loot artifact (worth 150 gold)
* Added 'crown of interlaced severed fingers' random loot artifact (worth 70 gold)
* Added 'statue of a goblin head made of goblin dung' random loot artifact (worth 5 gold)
* Added 'jar of gnome poo' random loot artifact (worth 4 gold)
* Added 'diamond claw' random loot artifact (worth 350 gold)
* Added 'green emerald claw' random loot artifact (worth 150 gold)
* Added 'blue sapphire claw' random loot artifact (worth 140 gold)
* Added 'topaz claw' random loot artifact (worth 130 gold)
* Added 'yellow amber claw' random loot artifact (worth 120 gold)
* Added 'green malachite claw' random loot artifact (worth 100 gold)
* Added 'red opal claw' random loot artifact (worth 90 gold)
* Added 'fire opal claw' random loot artifact (worth 115 gold)

CHAMPIONS RETURNED (4 features)

When you demoted champions from their positions running your fortresses for you they were gone forever, now if there is room for them they return as a champion and if not you are asked if you are sure you want to demote them as they'll be removed forever!

* Added demoting leader of Northwatch allows for them to be returned as a champion (credit u/YetiRoadBurger)
* Added demoting leader of Restored North fort allows for them to be returned as champion (credit u/YetiRoadBurger)
* Added demoting leader of Gorthmek allows for them to be returned as a champion (credit u/YetiRoadBurger)
* Added demoting leader of Kullak allows for them to be returned as a champion (credit u/YetiRoadBurger)

KINGDOM NAMES (2 features)

When asking for a random kingdom name I felt most of the random ones weren't satisfactory, now there's a huge mix of cool names for your kingdom if you don't fancy Aslona!

* Added new system when asking for a random kingdom name at game start with 2/3 chance to pool from new list of kingdom names
* Added 512 new kingdom names

INCREASED CIVILITY EVENT (4 features)

It's rare but theres always been 1 in 100 chance that a group with less than 3 civilisation level could gain 1 civ level in a special event, this event previously was a line of text in the end of turn report screen but now it has it's own pop up event so if it happens you don't miss it!

* Added new screen for when independent kingdom increases it's civility in random end of turn event
* Added special notification showing if they have increased to diplomatic and trade level
* Added special notification showing their strength bonus
* Made new sound effect for independent kingdom gaining civility (modelled a little after the monolith scene from 2001: a space odyssey)

MAJOR COMBAT FLAW (5 features)

Bay12 forum member EuchreJack pointed out that attacking minor bandits with mercenaries, even if the mercs lost any of the surviving minor bandits from the battle wouldn't return home. I checked this and found that it went way deeper and effected all factions and sometimes even non-merc attacks. The code involved would have been the same for years so this bug has existed for almost all of Warsims development and gone unnoticed. I always remember seeing situations where factions lost a bunch of troops post battle but I just assumed I'd not been paying attention and they'd been attacked by someone else in the meantime. Thanks EuchreJack for reporting it!

* Fixed minor bandit troop issue (credit EuchreJack)
* Fixed krut and erak troop issue (credit EuchreJack)
* Fixed bandit horde troop issue (credit EuchreJack)
* Fixed rebel troop issue (credit EuchreJack)
* Fixed independent kingdom issue (credit EuchreJack)

BUGFIXES (20 features)

* Fixed destroyed bandit group showing random troop graphic instead of their actual troop graphic
* Fixed darkdale kings having the sir title resulting in king sir whatever
* Fixed orc name 'Kashthullurtz' having broken character inside the name
* Fixed Darkdale fort graphic extra space breaking the graphic
* Fixed missing indicator you can tell jokes in Darkdale tavern
* Fixed two bandit spawn chance texts showing up by mistake
* Fixed sounds not resetting when paying fee to look at Karalds Trophy room in smallhaven
* Fixed sounds not resetting after laughing man of smallhaven
* Fixed demon summoning in Blackmarket has no screen
* Fixed songwood and wildwood partially explored not showing option to return to previous region
* Fixed bandit assimilation system cooldown not working
* Fixed 'yoi want us to be lapdogs' bandit rejection text bug
* Fixed mercs from north merc post forming gang even if north merc post is ruined (credit NotFox)
* Fixed extra line in capturing fort gorthmek gold
* Fixed no gold check when paying for peace with krut or erak (takes you to minus gold if you don't have it)
* Fixed fix up and lands text bug (credit TuGun Jr)
* Fixed peasants shown instead of soldiers on soldiers to knight training screen (credit u/YetiRoadBurger)
* Fixed mine sounds playing if you have sounds disabled (credit u/internetfunnyman1000)
* Fixed rubbing doomstone doesn't give gameover screen, just closes game (credit u/Dalajnikon)
* Fixed game starting with no minor bandits but new ones spawning blocking you from seeing them (credit Omer)

* Added new indicator of how many jokes attempts you have left in Darkdale taverns
* Added sound effect to smallhaven recruitment screen
* Added new indicators of gold lost for demon house in Blackmarket
* Reworked capturing fort gorthmek text
* Reworked game stats screen a bit
* Removed irrelevant bandit id code
* Reworked game over screen with missing line and colour

SCREENSHOTS

* Village champion reward - https://i.imgur.com/3boTXya.png
* Tournament winner - https://i.imgur.com/dZKqy9z.png
* Civilised - https://i.imgur.com/5mjpl0S.png
* Returned Commander - https://i.imgur.com/hFZJzI9.png

WHAT'S NEXT

I'm aiming to take a look at mercenaries and identify some possible improvements and changes as well as still clearing through a small backlog of bugreports and issues from players.

Cheers

Huw

Hey everyone,

This update is pretty much entirely the result of bugfixing and playtesting, I found a lot of these things needing improvement in a single playthrough.

STAFF TWEAKS (6 features)

Noticed staff training was just a single text notification at the bottom of the screen, now it's got it's own screen and is a little tidier.

* Added new screens for cancelling training for court staff
* Added new screens for starting training for court staff
* Added new screens for being unable to afford court staff training
* Added new screens for cancelling/starting/not affording to train monster trainer
* Added new screens for cancelling/starting/not affording to train game master
* Fixed 24 text anf grammar bugs with staff training text

BANKING IMPROVEMENTS (5 features)

It occured to me while playtesting how bland the bank withdraw and deposit screens are, so now I've made a much more dynamic system of screens.

* Added new screens with 23 different dynamic graphics depending on withdrawal size for bank withdrawals
* Added new screens with 23 different dynamic graphics depending on deposit size for bank deposits
* Added new screen for depositing or withdrawing 1 gold
* Added new screen if you have no gold to withdraw or deposit
* Added new screens if you try to withdrawl or deposit more than you have

DARKDALE TWEAKS (2 features)

A couple of things needing improvement in Darkdale!

* Added indicators of gold loss and troops gained in Darkdale merc post
* Added current gold bar visible when looking at buying darkdale properties

ASSURAK IMPROVED (6 features)

Found several bugs and things needing improving when attacking Camp Assurak!

* Fixed Assurak camp ruin rewards not having indicators showing what was gained
* Fixed small gold desposit Assurak reward giving you peasants instead of gold coins
* Fixed handful of gold Assurak reward not giving you any gold
* Fixed gold deposit Assurak reward not giving you any gold
* Added chance of finding bones instead of troops in Assurak
* Added new seperate screen for gold loot in Assurak

WILDWOOD SAVAGE IMPROVEMENTS (3 features)

Playtested and found that screens for destroying these places was pretty lackluster, now they've been fixed up!

* Added new screen to destroying old ruined outpost village in Wildwood (with sfx)
* Added new screen for destroying savage village in wildwood (with sfx)
* Added new loot chest discovered when destroying savage village in wildwood (with sfx)

LOSING IN A VILLAGE (4 features)

After last updates improvements on champion challenges I thought I'd further improve the event of losing against a village, it has previously been a single screen but now there's a bit more too it. Also to add insult to injury losing to a village champion will always dock you -1 public opinion!

* Added losing village champion challenge gives -1 public opinion
* Added new indicator post champion challenge loss explaining your champion is killed
* Added new cheering screen and sound effect if you lose against a village
* Added new memorial screen and sound effect for your defeated champion

MONFORT MINE IMPROVED (3 features)

Came across occupied monfort mine in a playthrough and realised capturing and freeing it was just a line of text and didn't even have a screen, now there's 4 new screens and a reward too!

* Added new screen for capturing monfort mine
* Added new screen for defeating foreign group occupying monfort mine
* Added miners reward you with random loot item for freeing them from occupiers

DOOMSTONE IMPROVED (3 features)

Viewing the doomstone was just a small bit of text telling you if any kingdom are doomed, now it's much better and more dynamic!

* Added new screen for viewing the doomstone with dynamic graphic based on if any dooms are listed
* Fixed 10 grammar bugs in doomstone viewing text
* Added sound effect for viewing doomstone if any dooms are listed

NORTHERN ANIMAL FIGHT PIT (10 features)

Another playtest sweep, found quite a few things needing improvement here.

* Fixed you pass by a the animal fight pit bug
* Reworked animal fight pit owned and unowned intros
* Fixed animal fight pit gold bar and added a new gold bar
* Reworked ruined animal fight pit text
* Fixed 17 text bugs in Animal pit fights
* Added indicator of gold spent watching animal pit fight
* Added coin sound effect to paying to watch animal fight
* Fixed text bug when destroying animal pit
* Added new screen and sfx for upgrading animal pit (shows what effect the upgrade has)
* Added new screen for capturing the animal pit

ARASUK SETTLEMENT IMPROVED (25 features)

A playtest took me to Arasuk where I found quite a few lacking areas, tried to improve and fix all I could!

* Added new option to ask to challenge Arasuk champion
* Added new option to ask Arasuk elder about the demon totems (2 responses depending on demons defeated or not)
* Added new option to ask Arasuk elder about the shrine of Xzefrak (2 responses depending on demons defeated or not)
* Added new option to ask Arasuk elder about the Seer's Hut (2 responses depending on demons defeated or not)
* Added new option to ask Arasuk elder about the Wall of Old Propehcy (2 responses depending on demons defeated or not)
* Added new option to ask Arasuk elder about the Local book shop
* Added new option to ask Arasuk elder about the Sandman Tavern
* Added new option to ask Arasuk elder about recruiting from Arasuk
* Fixed Arasuk bookshop text bug
* Added march sound effect to recruiting troops from Arasuk
* Fixed typo in Arasuk elder intro
* Fixed text issue with recruitment in Arasuk
* Added new alt dialogue when asking about Arasuk with elder post demon gate destruction
* Reworked asking about Arasuk question with village elder
* Added the sandman tavern owner doesn't answer questions and wears a cloak if demon gate is destroyed
* Fixed text bug with Arasuk elder options
* Fixed text and spacing bug for rules of sudden death in Arasuk sandman tavern
* Fixed 2 text bugs in Arasuk hostile action screen
* Fixed missing gold loot indicator for looting Arasuk
* Added 50/50 chance of looting random item from Arasuk
* Fixed text bug in Arasuk loot screen
* Fixed looting Arasuk giving double destruction screen
* Reworked destroyed Arasuk screen
* Added missing book page turn sound effects to Arasuk library
* Reworked layout of Arasuk library book screens

DRYLANDS NOMADS IMPROVED (7 features)

Noticed a few issues here, now the nomad camp is improved and actually offers a reward for destroying it too.

* Added 4 loot item reward trove when defeating nomad camp in any state
* Fixed grammar issues with demonic Koova dialogue
* Fixed 6 text bugs in demonic drylands nomad camp
* Fixed 16 text bugs in normal drylands nomad camp
* Fixed grammar and text issues with normal koova dialogues
* Added new indicators of troop loss and new location gain when trading troops with Koova
* Added new screen for defeating nomad camp

MORE LOOT... AGAIN (25 features)

As with the last update, with new areas offering more random loot I thought I'd add more loot to ensure it doesn't get too repetetive. This update we've got new areas like the freed mine, the nomad camp, Arasuk, and the savage village offering loot!

* Added 'unicorn horn fashioned into a cup' random loot artifact (worth 155 gold)
* Added 'painting of a crying gnome' random loot artifact (worth 95 gold)
* Added 'painting of a goblin on another's shoulder' random loot artifact (worth 90 gold)
* Added 'painting of two knights dueling' random loot artifact (worth 85 gold)
* Added 'painting of a troll on a bridge' random loot artifact (worth 70 gold)
* Added 'sword made of hardened mud' random loot artifact (worth 5 gold)
* Added 'model skull made from troll dung' random loot artifact (worth 2 gold)
* Added 'jewelled obsidian dagger' random loot artifact (worth 246 gold)
* Added 'golden hilted obsidian dagger' random loot artifact (worth 320 gold)
* Added 'ancient demonic idol' random loot artifact (worth 166 gold)
* Added 'demonic drum' random loot artifact (worth 130 gold)
* Added 'old wooden smoking pipe' random loot artifact (worth 3 gold)
* Added 'wizards old smoking pipe' random loot artifact (worth 50 gold)
* Added 'obsidian smoking pipe' random loot artifact (worth 100 gold)
* Added 'jewelled smoking pipe' random loot artifact (worth 150 gold)
* Added 'jewelled obsidian smoking pipe' random loot artifact (worth 200 gold)
* Added 'gold smoking pipe' random loot artifact (worth 250 gold)
* Added 'jewelled gold smoking pipe' random loot artifact (worth 350 gold)
* Added 'dictionary of rude gnome names' random loot artifact (worth 60 gold)
* Added 'jar of witch warts' random loot artifact (worth 15 gold)
* Added 'jar of orc lips' random loot artifact (worth 20 gold)
* Added 'jar of severed cthuul tentacles' random loot artifact (worth 50 gold)
* Added 'jar of centaur hooves' random loot artifact (worth 45 gold)
* Added 'jar of imp tongues' random loot artifact (worth 30 gold)
* Added 'rusty old shield' random loot artifact (worth 5 gold)

EXPLORATION EVENTS POLISHED (10 features)

Noticed a sound bug with an exploration event, ended up fixing some other issues and adding new sound effects where there weren't any!

* Fixed peasants and soldiers for hire explore event not resetting sounds
* Added sound effect to Wagon man explore encounter
* Fixed wagon man explore encounter being available even if you don't have a trade post
* Added new screen for wagon man encounter if you haven't got the trade post (with sfx)
* Added new screen for trying to sell knight to foreign king when you have none
* Fixed text bug when selling knight to foreign king
* Added marching sound effect to foreign king explore encounter
* Added sound effect for receiving gold from selling knight to foreign king
* Fixed typo in chaos orb exploration encounter
* Added new sound effect to finding chaos orb while exploring

BUGFIXES (16 features)

* Fixed random chance of dead darkdale leader replacement turning darkdale into a vassal of you
* Fixed failure to recruit smallhaven people still gives sound effect
* Fixed village sound played incorrectly after defeating smallhaven champion
* Fixed gold from bet indicator popping up randomly at end of turn
* Fixed gold from bet indicator popping up after some village champion fights
* Fixed 3 text bugs in burned village ruins in the south
* Fixed 18 text grammar and spacing bugs in first southern totem
* Fixed 18 text grammar and spacing bugs in second southern totem
* Fixed 18 text grammar and spacing bugs in third southern totem
* Fixed 18 text grammar and spacing bugs in fourth southern totem
* Fixed error with Arasuk village elders face graphic
* Fixed 13 text bugs in Oasis region of the south
* Fixed spacing bug when buying monfort mine in throne room encounter
* Fixed 12 text bugs with big red canyon text
* Fixed 10 text bugs in Drylands locations
* Fixed text spacing bug with independent doom event

* Added 50 new kingdom names

WHAT'S NEXT

At this point I've mentioned I'm going to be starting on merc stuff twice now in these what's next sections, but genuinely, planning on look into it from monday!

Cheers

Huw

Hey everyone,

So once again a few days of catching up on bugreports and testing the game has led to another 100+ new features and changes!

NEW RACE PACK (1 feature)

Thank you so much to Defender from Audiogames.net for actually creating this race pack as a mod for the game, it's perfect and will be part of Warsim. Choosing a race pack means that the races are still random but pool from a more specific set of races.

* Added new 'Greek Mythology' race pack (Dryads, Satyrs, Centaurs, Minotaurs, Harpies, Tritons, Men, Elders, Oracles, Godlings, Demigods, Half-Giants, Cyclopes, Giants) (Credit Defender)

FOREIGN MERCS IMPROVED (4 features)

After fixing a bug found by Luel I noticed that foreign mercs could have been showing their faces instead of just a sword graphic coloured the same as their skin, a new system has been added now that will show you the faces of the foreign creatures you are hiring. Also added some missing info about gold and troop changes.

* Added graphic of creature faces when hiring foriegn mercs from foreign merc hall or Darkdale
* Added missing gold loss and troop gain indicators when buying foreign mercs
* Added missing march sound effect to buying foriegn mercs
* Fixed bug being unable to hire troops from Darkdale if hired from foreign merc hall first (credit Luel)

BANDIT DEN IMPROVEMENTS (5 features)

I've added a bit more that happens when you destroy a bandit den in the Blackmarket, now if you destroy them you could find some good loot! or a pile of old news scrolls.

* Added new screen for destroying bandit den (with sfx)
* Added new system for finding loot in bandit den (1 chest, 2 chests, 3 chests, or a trove of lots) (with sfx)
* Fixed text bugs blackmarket bandit dens
* Added missing gold indicator for bribing bandit den for truce
* Reworked ask about the den section

LEAGUE OF EVIL AND GOOD IMPROVED (9 features)

So as some of you may know there's a 1 in 40 chance each year that if there are 2 or more factions that are aligned good or evil they will form a faction called the League of good, or the league of Darkness. It's a cool rare event but the notification of it happening is just a line in the turn report, well now it's been reworked to be a big main event with lots of new screens and new information shown to the player.

* Added new pop up end of turn window when league of evil is formed (with sfx)
* Added additional screens showing new members of the league of evil (with sfx)
* Added additional screen showing the citadel of darkness (with sfx)
* Added new pop up end of turn window when league of good is formed (with sfx)
* Added additional screens showing new members of the league of good (with sfx)
* Added additional screen showing the citadel of good (with sfx)
* Reworked league of goods citadel text
* Fixed 4 text bugs in good and evil league towers
* Added indicators showing new towers built and relation change for league members

BRAWLER CHAMPION TWEAKS (3 features)

Just a few things that I noticed could be improved with Brawler champions after playing around in the slum's Pit for a while.

* Added gold paid indicator when hiring a brawl winner as a champion
* Added sound effect for brawl winner refusing to be your champion
* Fixed sound restart issue if sounds disabled in Brawls

BLACKMARKET DEFENCE EVENTS IMPROVED (17 features)

So sometimes when you launch an attack on the Blackmarket it triggers one of many special events, I tested these and noticed some improvements that could be made!

* Added new sound effect to Necro army Blackmarket event
* Added new sound effect to Goblin army Blackmarket event
* Fixed text bugs in Necro army Blackmarket event
* Added new sound effect to Bandit army Blackmarket event
* Fixed text bug in game for the markets control event
* Added new sound effect to Local army Blackmarket event
* Fixed text and grammar bugs in local army Blackmarket event
* Added new sound effect to Horde army Blackmarket event
* Fixed text and grammar bugs in Horde army Blackmarket event
* Added new screen and sfx for accepting gold to not attack Blackmarket event
* Fixed accepting gold to not attack Blackmarket wasn't giving you gold nor taking it from Blackmarket
* Added indicator of Blackmarket gold loss when accepting gold
* Fixed layout of screen for taking gold to not attack market but still choosing to attack market
* Added indicator of gold spent and troops gained in Blackmarket defence merc hire event
* Added new sound effect to merc army Blackmarket event
* Added new screen and sfx for defeating undead Blackmarket defenders
* Added new screens for rps game with blackmarket leader

NEW LOOT (26 features)

As has been the rule for a while, new locations where loot can be found means new loot added!

* Added 'wedding ring' random loot artifact (worth 25 gold)
* Added 'gold wedding ring' random loot artifact (worth 150 gold)
* Added 'ancient jar of preserved honey' random loot artifact (worth 60 gold)
* Added 'finely crafted box of rare foreign spices' random loot artifact (worth 400 gold)
* Added 'rabbit foot necklace' random loot artifact (worth 35 gold)
* Added 'signet ring of an unknown noble house' random loot artifact (worth 110 gold)
* Added 'brass orb etched with strange runes' random loot artifact (worth 90 gold)
* Added 'obsidian and demon horn walking stick' random loot artifact (worth 370 gold)
* Added 'glowing translucent circlet' random loot artifact (worth 170 gold)
* Added 'pewter cube engraved with alchemical symbols' random loot artifact (worth 40 gold)
* Added 'pewter cube engraved in an unknown script' random loot artifact (worth 40 gold)
* Added 'pewter cube engraved with strange runes' random loot artifact (worth 40 gold)
* Added 'jar of rare foreign spices' random loot artifact (worth 380 gold)
* Added 'obsidian cup' random loot artifact (worth 80 gold)
* Added 'chipped obsidian cup' random loot artifact (worth 60 gold)
* Added 'finely decorated obsidian cup' random loot artifact (worth 99 gold)
* Added 'gold lined obsidian cup' random loot artifact (worth 145 gold)
* Added 'gold lined jewelled obsidian cup' random loot artifact (worth 180 gold)
* Added 'goblin's eye on a sharp stick' random loot artifact (worth 1 gold)
* Added 'small chunk of wood with a face carved into it' random loot artifact (worth 1 gold)
* Added 'small box of black pearls' random loot artifact (worth 190 gold)
* Added 'unicorn horn shield' random loot artifact (worth 210 gold)
* Added 'scroll with a crude sketch of a tree on it' random loot artifact (worth 6 gold)
* Added 'scroll with a crude sketch of a house on it' random loot artifact (worth 5 gold)
* Added 'scroll with a crude sketch of a sword on it' random loot artifact (worth 6 gold)
* Added 'amber amulet with a pre-historic fly encased inside it' random loot artifact (worth 110 gold)

SLUM DONATION IMPROVED (3 features)

Now if you go to the slums and donate to them you'll get a screen showing what has happened as a result of your donations.

* Added new screen showing slums upgrading if you donate enough to the slums
* Added new indicators showing changes made to the slums by donation max
* Added new dynamic screen (8 total screens) with sfx showing new slum watchtower build if donation maxed

RICH BE THY HISTORY NERD (6 features)

A very good idea by Luel, getting the highest possible score on history guild exams should come with a reward, now you'll get a random reward if you ace the test and a new screen! It's pretty tough though, I made the damn game and I struggle to get full marks.

* Added reward for passing first year of history guild with 20/20 score (credit Luel)
* Added reward for passing second year of history guild with 20/20 score (credit Luel)
* Added reward for passing third year of history guild with 20/20 score (credit Luel)
* Added reward for passing final year of history guild with 10/10 score (credit Luel)
* Added new screen for enrolling with history guild (with sfx)
* Added new screen for not being able to afford enrolling in history guild

SEND THE VASSALS (7 features)

I've improved the single line response from ordering vassals to attack other factions, now there's a dynamic response depending on their personality.

* Added new indicator of relation change for vassals and the enemy you have sent them after
* Added 3 responses from strange leaders
* Added 3 responses from normal leaders
* Added 3 responses from stupid leaders
* Added 3 responses from merchant leaders
* Added 3 responses from hostile leaders
* Added 3 responses from friendly leaders

BUGFIXES (13 features)

* Fixed grand champions assassination event happening even if arena is destroyed
* Fixed incorrect reference to players gender in three blades inn dialogues (credit Luel)
* Fixed issue with extremely low skilled fort generals causing game crash (credit Damon)
* Fixed 4 text issues in smallhaven options
* Fixed depositing 1 gold gives you 3 gold bug
* Fixed doomed races not having correct death text in diplomacy after doom event
* Fixed Oasis region text bug (credit u/The_Real_Mr_House)
* Fixed bandit dialogue text bug
* Fixed gro'lok book text bug
* Fixed bug where peace offer chance with third independent kingdom is bugged and remains blocked after one turn (credit u/YetiRoadBurger)
* Fixed text colour issue in playing rock paper scissors with your gamemaster
* Fixed layout and text bugs in rps with gamemaster
* Fixed Darkdale king being killed event happening even if Darkdale is destroyed

* Added new patron name to Gro'loks stump in the west
* Added 24 new kingdom names
* Added 41 new human names
* Added gold indicator bar to Gohran's Discount artifacts
* Added current gold bar to slum gold collection screen
* Added current gold indicator to group of troops for hire throne room event
* Added new screens for rps results with gamemaster

WHAT'S NEXT

It's been a busy one again, still yet to get to my merc features but we'll get there... eventually. I've been doing way more playtesting in the last few weeks so have been finding lots of stuff that has been in need of improvement!

Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe

Cheers

Huw

Hey everyone, so this update once again is quite broad and covers a lot of areas. I've finally done the majority of my merc planned features and have also added a ton of new features and fixes from playtesting and player suggestion.

MERCENARY UPDATE (19 features)

As has been long promised, I've tried to clear through a bunch of notes I've had on mercenaries including majorly... the fact that mercs never charged anything after the initial cost, now they are paid yearly!

* Added merc companies cost gold each year (credit 71)
* Added merc contracts cancelled if you can't afford them
* Fixed ability to hire throne room mercs but then have them refuse to fight for you as a demon (Credit u/Buckzor122 && Xoren)
* Throne room merc company for hire now shows their unit strength
* Fixed 3 text bugs in hired merc group text
* Added new merc origin story 'Oathbreakers and deserters'
* Added new merc origin story 'Small gorge cave'
* Added new merc origin story 'sworn to a cunning giant'
* Added new merc origin story 'traders and guards'
* Added new merc origin story 'militia and army rejects'
* Added group cost indicator to merc screen
* Fixed missing lines in weak demon merc group assimilation
* Fixed missing lines in weak peasant merc group assimilation
* Fixed missing lines in weak soldier merc group assimilation
* Added new sfx to failing to assimilate group
* Fixed 15 text and grammar bugs in assimilation code
* Added new indicator of group quitting contract if assimilation attempt goes wrong
* Added new sfx to assimilating group
* Added new sfx to assimilating demon group

Merc wages at the end of the turn now! - https://i.imgur.com/6LTIxbO.png

The new merc cost indicated on the main merc screen - https://i.imgur.com/X9xZnQJ.png

And unrelated to the update but I had to share this. I encountered the most generically named mercenary company ever 'Mercenary Company' but at least they keep it simple. Sir Brom's not out here trying to get hired to paint fences.. unless its with blood - https://i.imgur.com/HApjOyv.png

MAJESTY: THE KINGDOM SIM INSPIRATION (30 features)

Recently picked up the Majesty Gold game on steam and it's a fascinating little gem from the past, it's also got some great character names that appear to be procedurally generated and some were really cool.

* Added 5 new kingdom names (Ardania/Gataria/Tullaria/Skyldale/Troth) (Ardania is the name of the Majesty main kingdom, the rest are derivitives of character names)
* Added new vampire name 'Luthiel'
* Added 26 new human names (inspired by the game)
* Added 3 new gnome names (Nugg/Mung/Fugg)
* Added new name suffix 'Heavystep' (+3 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Younger' (+2 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Splitstone' (+7 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Tracker' (+11 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Bigfists' (+9 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Skullslam' (+15 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Strongclub' (+12 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Hardswing' (+11 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Hardbrow' (+6 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Brightbeard' (+5 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Steelforge' (+6 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Scragglebeard' (+1 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'of Downstream' (+1 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Treefeller' (+5 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Gnash' (+11 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'of the Otherplace' (+13 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Daysbane' (+5 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Brightstreak' (+9 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Dusksprinter' (+6 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Briskstep' (+3 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Darter' (+10 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Quickmoon' (+8 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Sternwill' (+9 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Nightrush' (+11 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Observant' (+10 battlescore) (can have extra parts added to it randomly)
* Added new name suffix 'Headlopper' (+30 battlescore)

THRONE ROOM ENCOUNTERS (17 features)

Went through the throne room to fix issues with most of them not having the first letter of the text capitalised, ended up adding 10 new random encounters and making some tweaks and fixes!

* Fixed 585 capitalisation issues in the throne room
* Added new throne room encounter 'Stolen family heirloom'
* Added new throne room encounter 'The item that fell from the sky'
* Added new throne room encounter 'Behind the waterfall'
* Added new throne room encounter 'The Knights duel distraction'
* Added new throne room encounter 'Plague of the countryside'
* Added new throne room encounter 'Village vampire' (only if Wild vampires faction exists)
* Added new throne room encounter 'Village saviour' (only if wild vampires faction exists)
* Added new throne room encounter 'Some ale for the trouble' (only if wild vampires faction exists)
* Added new throne room encounter 'Door pisser'
* Added new throne room encounter 'Little trolls'
* Tweaked bandit joiners in throne room encounters to be avalable at 0 public op or below instead of 5 or below
* Fixed reference to title as king instead of custom title from bandit joiner in throne room
* Added new indicator of rebel gained soldier from rejected bonus-requesting soldier throne room encounter
* Added new indicator of horde gained warlord from rejected bonus-requesting soldier throne room encounter
* Added new indicator of merc group gained unit from rejected bonus-requesting soldier throne room encounter
* Fixed 12 text bugs with bonus requesting soldier throne room encounter

SLAVE FORT IMPROVEMENTS (14 features)

The owned slavers fort definitely had some issues, I've tried to fix as many as I could find and have now reorganised the slave fort management screen a bit.

* Fixed buying slaves dynamic 5 graphics not working
* Added new subscreen for owned slaver fort for buying and selling
* Added new screen with dynamic graphic for taking slaves from the fort (with sfx)
* Added new screen with dynamic graphic for taking slave soldiers from the fort (with sfx)
* Added new screen with dynamic graphic for selling slaves (with sfx)
* Added new screen with dynamic graphic for selling slave soldiers (with sfx)
* Added new screen for not having enough slaves to move
* Added new screen for not having enough slave soldiers to move
* Added new screen for trying to sell more slaves than you have
* Added new screen for trying to sell more slave soldiers than you have
* Added new screen for hiring slavers (with sfx)
* Added new screen for trying to hire more slavers than there are
* Added new screen for not having enough gold to hire slavers
* Fixed exploit to hire more slavers than the max (credit NotFox)

THE LAST KINGDOM INSPIRATION (2 features)

I have been binging the hell out of this series on Netflix and am really enjoying it, saw some great names that I thought could be great in Warsim!

* Added new name suffix 'the Arseling' (-2 battlescore)
* Added 52 new Last Kingdom themed human names (Rypere/Finan/Clapa/Odda/Ceowulf/Eadred/Uhtred/Skorpa/Ubba/Leofric etc)

CUSTOM GAMEMODE DEMON OPTION IMPROVEMENTS (2 features)

Now you can choose to start the game with an even bigger demon horde (2000 demons instead of the previous starting 1500 option) doesn't seem like a huge difference but it is, good luck!

* Reworked custom game demon choice screen
* Added new option to have demon horde start huge (credit u/Jean287)

DARKDALE REVISITED (4 features)

I returned to Darkdale in a playtest and found a few things to fix, will probably be returning here soon with more changes!

* Fixed text bug with Nario dialogue 'Ever so often' (should be every so often)
* Added gold indicator bar to goblin slap stall in Darkdale
* Added notification showing if ceremony of Ha'Hah is underway in cult temple (if town is ruled by cultist king)
* Added 3 alt dialogues for Mystic Myck if cult of Ha'Hah rules darkdale

BLACKMARKET GOLD INDICATOR (10 features)

Trawled through the Blackmarket and found a mountain of issues that needed resolving, first and foremost a lot of locations where you could buy stuff but couldn't see how much gold you have.

* Added current gold indicator to Blackmarket bluetrii stall
* Added current gold indicator to Elixir stall
* Added current gold indicator to orb stall
* Added current gold indicator to cheat seller stall
* Added current gold indicator to blessings stall
* Added current gold indicator to Book rental stall
* Added current gold indicator to mushroom stall
* Added current gold indicator to newspaper stall
* Added current gold indicator to wheel of wealth stall
* Added current gold indicator to key stall

A new stall with gold being shown - https://i.imgur.com/9Hxf5N8.png

BLACKMARKET FORTRESS (7 features)

I noticed some changed needed for the various possible Blackmarket Forts, these vary depending on the type of leader the market has.

* Added new screen for entering guarded Blackmarket fort
* Added new screen for entering goblin guarded Blackmarket fort
* Added new screen for entering bandit guarded Blackmarket fort
* Fixed 3 text bugs in Blackmarket leader dialogues
* Reworked Blackmarket owned by player main fort intro
* Reworked Blackmarket tax income breakdown screen
* Reworked layout of destroy Blackmarket when owned screen

GOBLIN HALL OF HEROES (4 features)

Goblin hall of heroes in Dockrow had a few issues, now resolved!

* Added new indicator of price discount in goblin hero hall for Blackmarket owners
* Added new indicator of gold spent entering goblin hall of heroes
* Added new sound effect when paying to enter goblin hall of heroes
* Fixed Orlak steel jaw text bug in goblin hall of heroes

THE QUEENS REVENGE (6 features)

Noticed this ship was a bit lackluster in Dockrow in the market during a playtest, also ended up finding out that the 'slaves' they sold were actually bluetrii fruits... weird bug.

* Added new screen with sfx for hiring slaves from queens revenge ship
* Fixed buying slaves from queens revenge gave you bluetrii instead
* Added screen for not having the gold to buy slaves from the queens revenge
* Added screen for trying to buy from empty queens revenge ship
* Added screen for expensive slave question to queens revenge
* Added screen for do I have to buy all question to queens revenge

OTHER BLACKMARKET CHANGES (20 features)

Everything else I fixed in the market, I tried to sweep through as much of the place as I could and found plenty to improve.

* Added new screen for re-establishing minor bandit groups from Blackmarket dens (with sfx)
* Added new screen and sound effect for eating mushrooms in mushroom stall in Blackmarket
* Reworked Blackmarket sudden death gold layout
* Fixed the rules of Northern sudden death in the Blackmarket
* Fixed grammar bug with Blackmarket gamemaster out of gold
* Fixed Wulf Thorenson text layout issues
* Added new screen for trying to pay for Wulf performance but not having the gold
* Fixed blackmarket stalls screen text bug
* Fixed 4 text bugs in Orb stall in Blackmarket
* Fixed 6 text bugs in blessings stall
* Added new screen for paying for blessings from blessing stall
* Fixed text bug in key stall
* Fixed 2 text bugs in Blackmarket Gallows
* Fixed 4 text bugs in asking for joiners in Blackmarket
* Reworked Blackmarket joiner screen
* Fixed 3 text bugs in 4th bandit den in Blackmarket
* Fixed 3 text bugs in 5th bandit den in Blackmarket
* Fixed Aerondiir blackmarket text bug
* Fixed 2 issues with Blackmarket graphics having 'A' banner of Aslona instead of whatever your kingdom symbol is
* Reworked Blackmarket conquest tour Dockrow description and textbug

BUGFIXES (7 features)

A bunch of loose bugs that didn't exactly fit anywhere else!

* Fixed grammar issue with foreign troop hire (credit GauRocks)
* Fixed slave freeing diplomacy crash bug
* Fixed 0 slave and 0 slave soldier hire screen bugs
* Fixed ruffian gang interaction text bug
* Fixed market slave seller in Ogloobs tavern still active even with 0 slaves
* Fixed Aslona reference in demon joke
* Fixed several arasuk elder dialogues not having a graphic

EVERYTHING ELSE (4 features)

A handful of loose things that couldn't fit anywhere else. And also a huge thank you tons to Warsim's new patron Nehoy the lord!

* Added new name suffix 'the Dreamless' (-2 battlescore) (credit Cat)
* Added new dwarf name 'Axtadar' (credit u/Axtadar)
* Added gold indicator to wishing well screen
* Added new patreon patron name to Gro'lok's stump (thank you Nehoy!)

WHAT'S NEXT

I've got a big list of stuff that still needs to be sorted through so I'm going to get straight onto that. Warsim is also nearing a very awesome milestone and I've got something up my sleeve planned for it!

Cheers

Huw

Hey everyone,

So the summer sale is here again finally!

I know many of you guys have Warsim, but if you don't have it yet or someone you think might like it doesn't have it yet now is definitely as good a time as ever.

Warsim is 60% off for the next two weeks (€2.59, £2.19, $3.19)

Check out the Steam page here - http://store.steampowered.com/app/659540/Warsim_The_Realm_of_Aslona/?beta=0

To all the people who've purchased the game so far, thank you so much for the immense support in these 3 years the games been on steam. We're immenently going to hit 20k total copies sold by the end of today which honestly when I think about it, as a Console window text based game in 2020 is pretty wild so thank you all for that.

I've got an update brewing which has no one specific theme but covers a lot of different areas. I'm aiming for 200 total features to commemorate hitting 20k copies sold. So far I've got 159 features done so the update will likely be out this week.

Thanks again and to any people who've newly discovered the game, Welcome!

Huw (Solo dev of Warsim)

ps. If any of you guys have ideas for other places I should share this or people who could be interested I'm always up for hearing them! :)

Hey everyone,

So this is an exciting time! We were just on the cusp of it before the summer sale but now Warsim has officially sold 20'000 copies! To celebrate I've made an update with 200 features in it. To each of you 20'000 people, I honestly can't thank you enough. Genuinely.

The update has no general direction but tons of sub categories of stuff, I hope you all enjoy :)

CAN I AFFORD THE BOOZE? (22 features)

I noticed that while in taverns where you can buy ale, you can't see how much gold you've got. This is because once upon a time taverns were just locations to see but drinking in them and spending gold wasn't do-able. After the 'let the people drink' update we've been able to buy ale but still you can't see how much gold you've got. Now every tavern in the realm has something that checks how much gold you've got first. I also fixed a handful of little tavern bugs noticed while updating them all.

* Added current gold indicator to Darkdale Tavern (Darkdale)
* Added current gold indicator to Gilded Crescent Tavern (Darkdale)
* Added current gold indicator to Darkdale Cat Tavern (Darkdale)
* Added current gold indicator to Dragons Kneecap Tavern (Blackmarket)
* Added current gold indicator to Blackrow Tavern (Blackmarket)
* Added current gold indicator to Pitside Tavern (Blackmarket)
* Added current gold indicator to Thickblood Tavern
* Added current gold indicator to Silver Staff Tavern (Artifact Market)
* Added current gold indicator to Three Blades Inn (Artifact Market)
* Added current gold indicator to Sandman Tavern (Arasuk)
* Added current gold indicator to Fight coastman tavern (Shaian)
* Added current gold indicator to Shaian Tavern (Shaian)
* Added current gold indicator to Ox Head Tavern (Smallhaven)
* Fixed text bug in Ox head tavern intro
* Added current gold indicator to Human's Toe Tavern (Goblinwood)
* Fixed text bug in Human's toe tavern intro
* Added current gold indicator to Rusty Dagger Inn (Goblinwood)
* Fixed text bug in Rusty dagger inn intro
* Added current gold indicator to Dirt Den Tavern (Blackmarket)
* Added current gold indicator to Ice Watch Tavern
* Added current gold indicator to Shades Bloom Tavern (Baiaa)
* Added current gold indicator to Golden Lily Pad tavern

Here's our good friend Ogloob in his tavern - https://i.imgur.com/XT7V2eJ.png

KNIGHT TO CHAMPION (5 features)

The knight to champion screens were a little lacking, it wasn't clear what happened to the knights sometimes so now you will be shown you've lost a knight, and if it's a brawl you'll not lose the knight even if he loses the fight... he'll just lose a bit of pride.

* Added screen for knight winning fight to become champion (credit u/Jean287)
* Added screen for knight failing fight to become champion (credit u/Jean287)
* Fixed knight losing champion fight is killed when he shouldn't be (credit u/Jean287)
* Added missing -1 knight indicator to losing knight climbing saaroth to become champion
* Added missing -1 knight indicator to losing knight on quest for an item to become champion

UPGRADING THE BLACKMARKET (8 features)

Previously upgrading the Blackmarket gave you no screen or notification, once done things automatically improved but the player would be clueless as to what had improved... I even had to research and remind myself all of the various upgrade improvements for this, but now when you upgrade the market there are a bunch of new screens showing exactly what's new and what to expect.

* Added new screen with sound effect when paying for Blackmarket upgrade
* Added new screen showing the 2 Slums improvements from Blackmarket upgrade
* Added new screen showing the 2 Dockrow improvements from Blackmarket upgrade
* Added new screen showing the Blackrow improvement from Blackmarket upgrade
* Added new screen showing the Guildrow improvement from Blackmarket upgrade
* Added new screen showing the 2 Fighter's District improvements from Blackmarket upgrade
* Added new screen showing the 7 Central District improvements from Blackmarket upgrade
* Added new screen showing the 3 general improvements/changes from Blackmarket upgrade

One of the new screens that show the changes to the upgraded Blackmarket - https://i.imgur.com/AIZS1V9.png

THE LAST STAND (5 features)

Noticed a few more issues and some things that could be improved for the last stand of Krut/Erak, and bandits.

* Added new laugh sound effect to Krut leader end battle
* Fixed final stand for bandit horde skipping a screen
* Fixed final stand for Krut skipping a screen
* Added new screen for Krut King being killed
* Fixed final stand for Erak skipping a screen

GNOME INSULT BATTLES EXPANDED (13 features)

Everyone's been asking for it so here it is, gnome battles have been expanded! Now there are 50% more insults, and a total rework of the gnome battle system full of new sound effects, a new layout and more!

Hear ye, hear ye! Gnome battles they be improvin' - https://i.imgur.com/KhjmncQ.jpg

* Added 10 new brutal gnome insults
* Added 10 new gnome sound effects
* Added one of 10 random sound effects play when gnome says insult
* Added one of 10 random sound effects play for introduction to each gnomish insult warrior
* Added notification of esteem points lost in gnome battle rounds
* Added rare chance the gnomes stop and make friends and skip away holding hands
* Added colour system to break down gnome esteem
* Added random trumpet sound to winning gnome screen
* Reworked Gnome battle self-esteem level to be words as well as numbers (very strong, strong, moderate, wavering, low, very low, ruined, devastated)
* Made gnome skin colour lighter (for non independent kingdom battles)
* Merged two separate instances of gnome insult battle code into one (Throne room entertainment/Gnome independent kingdom)
* Fixed 8 gnome insult battle reaction text grammar bugs
* Fixed 4 gnome insult battle victory/defeat text grammar bugs

Here's a comparison of old and new gnome battles - https://i.imgur.com/j7WXnV8.png

GOODBYE GUARDIANS (2 features)

Noticed this camp wasn't very rewarding to clear out and didn't have a screen, now we've got new screens and loot!

* Added new screen for destroying Guardian tree camp
* Added new loot chest for destroying guardian tree camp

THICKBLOOD IMPROVED (4 features)

Only just realised how lacking the capturing/buying screens for Thickblood tavern is, now it's been fixed.

* Added sfx for buying thickblood tavern
* Added new screen for having purchased thickblood tavern
* Added new screen for capturing thickblood tavern
* Added new screen with sfx of your flag being raised over thickblood tavern (once captured/bought)

DARKDALE TWEAKS (3 features)

A handful of changes in Darkdale

* Fixed sound not playing correctly when leaving mystic Mycks in Darkdale
* Fixed sound not playing correctly when leaving Jesters society
* Added option to ask Catyr owner of Darkdale Cat Tavern about Cult of Ha'Hah (Only if Darkdale King is Cultist)

LOOT GLORIOUS LOOT (24 features)

Another fat batch of misc junk for you to find in the world!

* Added 'finely crafted sword with an amber gem encrusted in it' random loot artifact (worth 160 gold)
* Added 'diamond wedding ring' random loot artifact (worth 300 gold)
* Added 'gnome foot with gems encrusted in its toenails' random loot artifact (worth 170 gold)
* Added 'skull with crystals growing on it' random loot artifact (worth 140 gold)
* Added 'red eye amulet' random loot artifact (worth 120 gold)
* Added 'green eye amulet' random loot artifact (worth 110 gold)
* Added 'well-crafted but primitive axe' random loot artifact (worth 60 gold)
* Added 'bracer made of finely woven vines' random loot artifact (worth 20 gold)
* Added 'finely decorated gold dwarvern greathammer' random loot artifact (worth 320 gold)
* Added 'jar of angry-wasps' random loot artifact (worth 10 gold)
* Added 'black hand amulet' random loot artifact (worth 100 gold)
* Added 'red hand amulet' random loot artifact (worth 105 gold)
* Added 'jar of dead wasps' random loot artifact (worth 2 gold)
* Added 'crusty chamber pot' random loot artifact (worth 1 gold)
* Added 'purple eye amulet' random loot artifact (worth 130 gold)
* Added 'iron spike knuckled gauntlet' random loot artifact (worth 10 gold)
* Added 'finely decorated spike knuckled gauntlet' random loot artifact (worth 45 gold)
* Added 'gem encrusted spike knuckled gauntlet' random loot artifact (worth 120 gold)
* Added 'gold plated spike knuckled gauntlet' random loot artifact (worth 140 gold)
* Added 'gem encrusted gold spike knuckled gauntlet' random loot artifact (worth 320 gold)
* Added 'gem encrusted goat horn' random loot artifact (worth 120 gold)
* Added 'gem encrusted gold goat horn' random loot artifact (worth 290 gold)
* Added 'crudely carved wooden goblin idol' random loot artifact (worth 6 gold)
* Added 'crudely carved wooden dog idol' random loot artifact (worth 7 gold)

LAST KINGDOM INSPIRED NAMES (2 feature)

So I added most of the character names to the game but I'm still binging and enjoying this series so I added some new names based roughly on some names from the show.

* Added 10 new last kingdom inspired names made of previous names 'Skorik, Skyrk, Ulff, Ulaf, Wutgar, Auldhelm, Bjornhelm, Ceowald, Ceowulf, Ealdred'
* Added 83 new saxon-era themed names

WEIRD NAME SUFFIXES (12 features)

The word 'Weird' was floating in my head when I thought about name suffixes and got a bunch of ideas!

* Added new name suffix 'Weirdaxe' (+16 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Weirdblade' (+15 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Weirdshield' (+13 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Weirdhelm' (+17 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Weirdspear' (+15 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Weirdmace' (+16 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Oddaxe' (+15 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Oddblade' (+14 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Oddshield' (+12 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Oddhelm' (+16 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Oddspear' (+14 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Oddmace' (+15 battlescore)

DEFENDER'S NAME SUFFIX REWORK (21 features)

Defender from Audiogames came forward with several issues with misspelt suffixes or suffixes that could stand to be a bit worse to the hero who got them!

* Fixed misspelt name suffix 'the Captuerer' (credit Defender)
* Fixed misspelt name suffix 'the Expreinced' (credit Defender)
* Fixed misspelt name suffix 'the Mathmatical' (credit Defender)
* Fixed misspelt name suffix 'the Talkitive' (credit Defender)
* Changed 'the Weak-Hearted' suffix from -5 battlescore to -10 (credit Defender)
* Changed 'the Fainter' suffix from -3 battlescore to -7 (credit Defender)
* Changed 'Limp-Legged' suffix from -3 battlescore to -8 (credit Defender)
* Changed 'the Slow-Minded' suffix from -3 battlescore to -5 (credit Defender)
* Changed 'the Slow-Thinking' suffix from -3 battlescore to -5 (credit Defender)
* Changed 'the Crushed' suffix from -2 battlescore to -5 (credit Defender)
* Changed 'Wine-Guzzler' suffix from 1 battlescore to -2 (credit Defender)
* Changed 'Ale-Guzzler' suffix from 1 battlescore to -2 (credit Defender)
* Changed 'the Cutesy' suffix from 1 battlescore to -3 (credit Defender)
* Changed 'the Oafish' suffix from -3 battlescore to -6 (credit Defender)
* Changed 'the Timid' suffix from -1 battlescore to -2 (credit Defender)
* Changed 'Mild-Mannered' suffix from 3 battlescore to 0 (credit Defender)
* Changed 'Beatlebrained' suffix from -3 battlescore to -5 (credit Defender)
* Changed 'the Entangled' suffix from 5 battlescore to -5 (credit Defender)
* Changed 'the Ruined' suffix from -1 battlescore to -8 (credit Defender)
* Changed 'the Impaled' suffix from -3 battlescore to -6 (credit Defender)
* Changed 'the Useless' suffix from -3 battlescore to -10 (credit Defender)

LACK OF CIVILITY (2 features)

The text describing savage kingdoms has now been made a little more dynamic and varied depending on relation and the level of savagery instead of the same exact text for all.

* Added 2 variants for unable to speak to savages depending on how savage they are
* Added 7 extra variant texts for unable to speak to savages depending on relation with them

THRONE ROOM ENTERTAINMENT INTROS (38 features)

I realised that hiring throne room entertainers (in your upgraded throne room) is immensely lackey and is just a slither of text. Now there are screens for hiring them and the entertainment menus have been upgraded a bit.

* Added gold indicator to throne room entertainment screen
* Added screen to hiring Brawlers entertainer in throne room
* Added screen to hiring Scorpion breeder entertainer in throne room
* Added screen to hiring Axe throwers entertainer in throne room
* Added screen to hiring Monster tamer entertainer in throne room
* Added screen to hiring Juggler entertainer in throne room
* Added screen to hiring Acrobat entertainer in throne room
* Added screen to hiring Poet entertainer in throne room
* Added screen to hiring Rat racer entertainer in throne room
* Added screen to hiring Game master summon entertainer in throne room
* Added screen to hiring Gar Gallock entertainer in throne room
* Added screen to hiring Orcish grunter entertainer in throne room
* Added screen to hiring Luteplayer entertainer in throne room
* Added screen to hiring Gnome whistler entertainer in throne room
* Added screen to hiring Goblin drummer entertainer in throne room
* Added screen to hiring Clicker entertainer in throne room
* Added screen to hiring Chanter entertainer in throne room
* Added screen to hiring Blackmarket shanty singers entertainer in throne room
* Added screen to hiring wulf thorenson entertainer in throne room
* Added screen to hiring wild skalds entertainer in throne room
* Added screen to hiring musical abomination entertainer in throne room
* Added screen to hiring long serpent crew entertainer in throne room
* Added screen to hiring gnome entertainers in throne room
* Added screen to hiring goblin dancer entertainer in throne room
* Added screen to hiring comedian entertainer in throne room
* Added screen to hiring farting abomination entertainer in throne room
* Added screen to hiring Sand talker entertainer in throne room
* Added screen to hiring Changeling entertainer in throne room
* Added screen to hiring Illusion Conjurer entertainer in throne room
* Fixed text bug in violent acts screen
* Fixed text bug in magic acts screen
* Fixed text bug in comedic acts screen
* Fixed text bug in every other act screen
* Fixed text bug in music acts screen
* Fixed text bug in love council
* Fixed typo with sand talker in throne room
* Removed 'you don't have the gold' notification for throne room entertainment
* Fixed throne room options not being x'ed out if you can't afford them

SONGWOOD IMPROVEMENTS (28 features)

Decided to have a look at every location in Songwood and make sure everything was up to date and working fine, I found plenty of things that needed improvement.

* Added new screen and text for viewing gravestones in songwood
* Fixed 6 text bugs in leader of love cult camp text
* Split leader of love cults large history dialogue option into 3 leaner screens instead of one bloated one
* Fixed 26 text bugs in Well-being booth in love cult camp
* Fixed 10 issues with text needing to be broken up in well-being booth dialogues
* Fixed graphic of destroyed love cult camp to match it's pre destruction size
* Added new indicator on love cult camp main screen if the cult is active in your lands or not
* Added new screen for hiring love cult from their camp
* Added new screen for trying to hire love cult from their camp but being broke
* Added new screen for cancling love cult help from their camp
* Fixed text bug with high trees of songwood
* Slightly rewrote love cult camp intro
* Slightly rewrote ruined musicians guild text
* Fixed typo in muscians guild intro screen
* Fixed 22 grammar bugs in muscians guild screens
* Added indicator of relation with musicians guild on main screen
* Added indicator of tribute taken from musicians guild
* Reworked several texts with musicians guildmaster
* Added new indicators of gold gain odds and relation change when taking tribute from the musicians guild
* Reworked all lyrics notes in music guild lyric vault to have better layout colour and page turn sfx
* Fixed guildmaster graphic not showing in intro to speaking to him screen
* Removed attempting to enter lyric vault screen
* Fixed double screen bug when destroying music guild
* Fixed grammar bug in grolok's stump first stump text
* Fixed double screen bug when destroying old cabin in songwood
* Fixed 15 text spacing issues in old cabin
* Fixed 2 grammar bugs in old cabin
* Fixed text bug in destroying ooh snake sanctuary screen

BUGFIXES (9 features)

* Fixed savage village destroying missing line bug
* Fixed Old Ruined Outpost explore screen text capitalisation issue
* Fixed no march sound effect recruiting men from hunters rest
* Fixed grammar issue with axe throwing intro text
* Fixed comeback missing space in thickblood text (credit M I N T Y)
* Fixed comeback missing space in slave fort ruler text (credit M I N T Y)
* Fixed 7 text bugs with animal descriptions (credit Defender)
* Fixed broken coin bag graphic in various places
* Fixed version number for warsim not visible on main screen in ascii disabled version of Warsim (credit Defender)

EVERYTHING ELSE (2 features)

* Added new patreon 'Defender' to the 3rd Stump of Gro'lok in the West (Thanks mate!)
* Added indicator of how much land you have in 'kingdom wants 1 land for peace agreement' diplomacy event

WHAT'S NEXT

To be honest right now I'm mainly focusing on trying to find new places to share Warsim and get it in front of people while it's on sale (open to any ideas). I'm also going to keep clearing through some loose bug reports and to-do features on my list.

Warsim is on sale - https://i.imgur.com/KIB0jcA.png

Cheers

Huw

Warsim 0.8.1.1 (The Wild North Improved and more! 83 Features)

Hey everyone,

So to all those new people who are joining us having picked up the game during the summer sale, welcome!

This update is mostly fixes and improvements, I swept through the Wild North region and tried to fix and improve all I could. There are 10 new loot items. I've also added new opportunities for loot when ravaging the Wildermen settlements of the Wild North. The Black Bank has been improved and brought up to speed with the Royal Bank, and several other things have been improved and fixed.

HOW MUCH GOLD DO I HAVE (14 features)

A lot of in-game areas where the player could buy stuff/pay for stuff, doesn't show how much gold they have which can be cause for annoyance. I've cleared through a bunch more areas that were lacking on gold indication!

* Added current gold bar to Arena upgrade screen
* Added current gold bar to goblin who wants 10'000 gold for excavation throne room encounter
* Added current gold bar to 1000 gold for lots of ale throne room trader
* Added current gold bar to western explorer throne room encounter
* Added current gold bar to southern explorer throne room encounter
* Added current gold bar to northern explorer throne room encounter
* Added current gold bar to magic fruit seller throne room encounter
* Added current gold bar to fruit basket seller throne room encounter
* Added current gold bar to wiseman selling advice throne room encounter
* Added current gold bar to changeling throne room encounter
* Added current gold bar to telescope seller throne room encounter
* Added current gold bar to cloak seller throne room encounter
* Added current gold bar to throne room slave seller
* Slightly reworked gold indicator in Thickblood tavern gambler

WILD NORTH TESTING (28 features)

The latest location to get a sweep for bugs and things in need of tweaking was the wild north! Found plenty of things to improve upon.

* Added new screen for destroying Wildhome
* Added new trove of 3 chests gained when destroyed Wildhome
* Added new screen for destroying Wilderman village
* Added new loot gained for destroying wilderman village
* Added new screen and sfx for destroying Saaroth Wilderman camp
* Added new loot gained when destroying Saaroth wilderman camp
* Fixed 6 text bugs with mystic hut in the Wild North
* Fixed Wilderman village text length issue
* Fixed 2 Wilderman village intro text bugs
* Fixed misaligned layout of Wild North exploration screen text
* Added new text to shadow assassin hire screen
* Fixed missing exit option to choose no assassination with shadow assassins
* Fixed paying for shadow assassin text break bug
* Fixed missing gold spent notification when paying for shadow assassin
* Fixed text bug with assassin unable to be paid screen text
* Added current gold indicator to assassin hire screen
* Fixed attack the assassin text
* Fixed trying to assassinate dead faction screen text bugs
* Fixed 5 text bugs in empty Saaroth tower text
* Fixed text bug in Wildhome text
* Added new alt text for when Animal fighting pit is out of gold
* Fixed ability to bet on animal pit fights when pit is out of gold
* Added new indicator of entry fee gold being added to animal pit betting pool
* Reworked mercenary outpost gold indicator and arena name text layout
* Added new screen for flag rising over the captured animal fight pit
* Added current gold bar to owned but unupgraded animal fight pit
* Fixed Saaroth wilderman camp text length bug
* Fixed text bug with destroyed Wildhome text

WILDERMAN THEMED LOOT (10 features)

As 2 new wilderman locations lead to gaining new loot, I thought I'd add some wilderman themed loot.

* Added 'crudely made stone shovel' random loot artifact (worth 2 gold)
* Added 'crudely made stone pickaxe' random loot artifact (worth 3 gold)
* Added 'crudely made stone sword' random loot artifact (worth 2 gold)
* Added 'crudely made stone hammer' random loot artifact (worth 2 gold)
* Added 'crudely made stone axe' random loot artifact (worth 2 gold)
* Added 'finely crafted stone spear adorned with gems' random loot artifact (worth 95 gold)
* Added 'crudely made stone spear adorned with gems' random loot artifact (worth 60 gold)
* Added 'finely crafted stone spear' random loot artifact (worth 8 gold)
* Added 'dull spear made of wood and stone' random loot artifact (worth 4 gold)
* Added 'crudely woven doll made of flax' random loot artifact (worth 2 gold)

CAT WALL EXPANSION (2 features)

A little suggestion implemented, now the Cat Wall of Fame in the Darkdale Cat Tavern has more detail, and there's also a wall of shame!

* Reworked Cat wall of fame in Darkdale Cat Tavern (credit Cat)
* Added Cat wall of shame to Darkdale Cat Tavern (credit Cat)

BLACK BANK IMPROVED (9 features)

A while ago the royal bank got a facelift, but these upgrades never reached the Black Bank, now the Black Bank is improved in the same ways as the royal bank, but it also has had an improvement on it's loan system, previously Black Bank loans had to be repaid within the same year or you'd be killed, now they allow you up to 5 years. Which does make the Black Bank loan of 1 million gold, a bit more viable as a dangerous strategy.

* Reworked Black Bank loan section
* Added new 5 year repayment system for Black Bank loans
* Added new screens with 23 different dynamic graphics depending on withdrawal size for black bank withdrawals
* Added new screens with 23 different dynamic graphics depending on deposit size for black bank deposits
* Added new screen for depositing or withdrawing 1 gold from Black Bank
* Added new screen if you have no gold to withdraw or deposit from Black Bank
* Added new screens if you try to withdrawl or deposit more than you have from Black Bank
* Fixed scientific exponent number shown with big bank loans in Black bank
* Fixed infinite loop of being able to beg for mercy from Black Bank and avoid loan repayment

HLOK MINE IMPROVED (6 features)

I noticed some things needing improvement in Hlok mine to the Far North. Now it's much better than before!

* Fixed 2 text bugs in collapsed Hlok mine screen
* Fixed 3 text bugs in general Hlok mine screens
* Added new graphic for owned Hlok mine using player kingdoms flag symbol
* Added new screen for capturing Hlok mine
* Added new flag raise screen with sfx once Hlok mine is captured
* Fixed missing screen when collapsing Hlok mine without any workers inside

DEMON SUMMONING IMPROVEMENTS (3 features)

The demon summoning encounter in the Blackmarket was a bit off, now it's been improved.

* Added new sound effect for house marked X demon summon screen
* Added new screen for demon being summoned in Blackmarket
* Fixed missing screen break for Demonic king version of Demon summon screen

BUGFIXES (15 features)

Lots of bugfixes here, thanks to u/rakint, u/BuffPocketMidget, u/ColonelKepler, and Defender for their bugreports! It's immensely helpful and ensures the issues you guys face don't bother others so it's much appreciated.

* Fixed bug with demonic start option in origin choice screen (credit u/rakint)
* Fixed Thickblood tavern gambler text colour bug
* Fixed scientific exponent number shown with big bank loans in royal bank
* Fixed scientific exponent number shown with big arena wins (credit u/BuffPocketMidget)
* Fixed text bug in Sword from the stone origin description
* Fixed text layout bug in Diplomat wants payrise throne room encounter
* Fixed text layout bug in Spymaster wants payrise throne room encounter
* Fixed text layout bug in General wants payrise throne room encounter
* Fixed missing indicator of lost staff member to the staff payrise throne room encounters where you reject the payrise and the staff roll to leave your service
* Fixed text bug in variant no bank gambler king origin (credit u/ColonelKepler)
* Fixed 3 text bugs in Blackmarket main fort intro texts
* Fixed text bug in providing soldiers to vamp hunters text (credit Defender)
* Fixed text bug in successful goblin mining venture screen (credit Defender)
* Fixed text bug in Blacksmith design for helmet acceptance text (credit Defender)
* Fixed missing new kingdom money report from general for gambler king gold reserve variant (credit u/ColonelKepler)

EVERYTHING ELSE (4 features)

* Made all exploration region name titles white coloured instead of yellow
* Added indicator of active trade route on main screen with eastern trade post
* Added inidcator of active trade route on main screen with wagon man post
* Added new screen for capturing shallowrock mine from the greenskins

WHAT'S NEXT

I've been doing lots of playtesting myself recently and noting bugs and things to improve, that list has now over 100 things on it so I'm planning to get stuck in and clear the list and then move back on track with some more needed updates.

It's been a busy time with the steam sale, but I also just figured out how to get Morrowind on Andoid and lets just say, I forgot how great and immersive of a game Morrowind is.

Cheers

Huw

Hey everyone,

So this update didn't have any particular direction, the main aim was to clear through bug reports and recent suggestions and to continue testing the exploration locations of the game world and make sure everything is working as intended.

What I ended up with was an update adding a new drinking competition, origins of tavern brawls, improvements on the northern fort, wheel of wealth, Ruined arena, South coast region, Magic theatre and way more. I hope you guys enjoy it!

DEALING WITH KAFF OF DARKDALE (5 features)

Defender from Audiogames mentioned that as ruler of Darkdale he'd love the ability to remove the scam-stall run by Kaff, now you can do so, with Kaff offering an interesting alternative, you beat her in a drinking competition and she leaves, else she stays. Are you up for it?

* Added ability to shut down Kaff's legitimate goods stall if you rule Darkdale
* Added Kaff challenging you to a drinking contest to settle your dispute (with dynamic text based on your previous interactions with her)
* Added Screen for allowing Kaff to go free
* Added screen and sfx for arresting Kaff (+1 prisoner, +random loot)
* Added ability to have a drinking contest against Kaff (if you win, +random loot)

TAVERN BRAWL ORIGINS (4 features)

Ever wondered why when you watch a tavern brawl, a fight occurs out of nowhere. Now there's a system that explains why those two are fighting and there's plenty of variety.

* Added new system for bar fight origins now you will be told a story as to why the people are fighting
* Added new screen for fight origin story
* Added 5 random intros to finding a fight
* Added 15 fight origin stories

NORTHERN FORT REPAIRED (2 features)

Had a report of a bug in the Northern fort and found a second one while testing, all fixed now though

* Fixed screen not resetting when installing commander of northern repaired fortress
* Fixed inability to add max troop number to northern repaired fortress (credit u/MorganFreecock <-LOL)

WHEEL OF WEALTH RESPUN (5 features)

Checked out the Wheel of Wealth in a recent playtest and fixed it up a bit with some new screens and sound effects.

* Added new gold gained indicator for Wheel of Wealth
* Fixed text colour issue with wheel of wealth victory text
* Fixed 12 text bugs in wheel of wealth screens
* Added new coin gain sound effect for winning wheel of wealth
* Added new special screen and sfx for winning grand prize on wheel of wealth

RUINED ARENA FIXES (4 features)

The ruined arena screens were pretty bad, noticed in a playtest and have fixed it!

* Fixed 3 text bugs in ruined arena screens
* Fixed broken layout in ruined arena screens
* Added gold indicator to ruined arena rebuild screen
* Added new screen for paying to rebuild arena

SOUTH COAST IMPROVEMENTS (9 features)

I did a sweep of the South Coast region to see if there was anything that could stand to be improved, found a few things!

* Fixed text bug in coast wall screen
* Added indicator of trade route with Nalli trade post if trading with them
* Fixed text bug in harbour master texts in Shaian
* Fixed text colour issues in swampy cup game in Shaian
* Added new sound effect to Swampy cup game in Shaian
* Reworked some of the coastal king dialogues in Shaian
* Fixed text colour issues in swampy cup game in Shaian tavern
* Added new sound effect to swampy cup game in Shaian tavern
* Added march sound effect to recruiting troops in Shaian

MAGIC THEATRE REWORKED (19 features)

The magic theatre was quite awful, I've tried to upgrade every aspect of it and improve it where possible especially when owned. There are now more screens and sound effects in every part of the system.

* Fixed 4 text bugs with Magic theatre intro text
* Reworked layout of gold indicator on unowned magic theatre screen
* Added gold indicator to owned but unupgraded magic theatre
* Added new graphic for magic theatre casting spell
* Added screen and sfx for paying for a performance at magic theatre
* Added new aftermath text for magic fish performance
* Added hiss sound effect to dialogue with magic theatre mage
* Added new aftermath text for arrow performance
* Added new aftermath text for decaying demon performance
* Added screen for buying the magic theatre from the mage
* Added screen for your flag rising above magic theatre once owned (with sfx)
* Added screen introducing apprentice mage when buying theatre (with sfx)
* Added new screen for owned magic theatre spell casting
* Added new aftermath text for dizzying star performance
* Added new aftermath text for bellowing start performance
* Added new aftermath text for drunken money performance
* Added ability to speak to apprentice mage and ask one of 7 questions (6 if the place is fully upgraded)
* Added new screen with sfx for paying for magic theatre upgrade
* Added new screen for upgrading magic theatre showing graphic change and all 4 new benefits and unlocks

ENTRY FEE! FOR ME? (3 features)

u/lordintype made a good suggestion a little while back, you should be able to plead with the leader of the Blackmarket not to charge you a toll as Mercantile leaders can slap a hefty 50 gold entry fee each time you enter.

* Added the ability to ask Blackmarket leaders not to charge you an entry fee (if mercantile leader) (credit u/lordintype)
* Added 3 random texts for asking for no toll from Blackmarket leader (credit u/lordintype)
* Added 3 random gate entrance texts for guard allowing you free entry after having the fee removed by Blackmarket Leader (credit u/lordintype)

GAR'GALLOCK IMPROVEMENTS (2 features)

Noticed two issues with him, now all sorted!

* Added gold indicator to GarGallock
* Fixed Blackmarket music not resetting after GarGallock advice

BLACKMARKET SCAM EVENT IMPROVED (3 features)

In a playthrough I noticed these could be done a little better, now some improvements have been made.

* Fixed 3 text bugs in Blackmarket scam event
* Reworked some text and layout of Blackmarket scam event
* Added new screen for ending of scam success event with laughing man

BRAWL PIT IMPROVEMENTS (2 features)

I noticed that champion fights and two pits battles as Brawl Pit owner didn't use the same system as normal pit fights to show you the gold you've earned, now they do!

* Added brawl pit champion fights and battle of two pit fights give you gold bag reward screen
* Added colour layout to the pit champion and two pits fight aftermath income screens

MORE GOLD INDICATORS (2 features)

Still some more places where it doesn't tell you how much gold you have when you need to see it, trying to remedy this as much as I can.

* Added new gold indicator to Blackmarket coin flipper
* Added new gold indicator to Blackmarket toll screen

BUGFIXES (15 features)

A ton of bugfixes this time, thanks Defender for your reports and bugfinds, and also to u/legalrick2!

* Fixed Long Serpent ship text layout issue
* Fixed minor bandit screen exiting bug
* Fixed Aslona reference in goblin and king joke (credit Defender)
* Fixed Aslona reference in royal bank joke (credit Defender)
* Fixed Aslona reference in mercenary stories (credit Defender)
* Fixed missing screen sometimes when assimilating mercs leader joins you as a knight
* Fixed Drumloop in battle sounds treated as a sound effect not music and not being blocked by music off option (credit u/legalrick2)
* Fixed 'Leather belt that smells of lavender' item name bug (credit Defender)
* Fixed text bug with heartbroken farmer's boy throne room encounter (credit Defender)
* Fixed missing text when gamemaster refuses to hand over gold in throne room (credit Defender)
* Fixed duplicate 'I' in text when game master says arrest me when asking to hand over gold in throne room (credit Defender)
* Fixed missing text when throwing game master out of court (credit Defender)
* Fixed text error showing 1000 gold cost to host party in Darkdale as only 100 gold in error message when gold lower than 1000
* Fixed not receiving gold prize purse for winning goblin drinking competition
* Fixed text bug in fully upgraded owned arena tourney text

EVERYTHING ELSE (6 features)

A few general things here, a new guide in Warsim's files for some of the visually impaired players who play Warsim without any ascii. A pretty big change in mercenary companies only having a single assimilation attempt per year, and several other features and changes!

* Added new guide to setting up ascii-less version of Warsim in Warsim files for Blind Players (Credit Defender)
* Added new system ensuring merc groups can only have one assimilation attempt per year (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Reworked two direction names in the Black tower of Baiaa (Credit Angel De'Haven)
* Made it 10x rarer to get lucky on last coin toss (but still luckier than normal) with wishing well (Credit LexTheMighty)
* Added the ability to talk to the wagon man in the wagon man's trade post in Denland (6 dialogues)
* Made random drunk events 3x rarer during drinking contests

SCREENSHOTS

* Upgrading the new and improved magic theatre - https://i.imgur.com/HCZtcxP.png
* The new mage apprentice who runs the magic theatre for you - https://i.imgur.com/XfsccNl.png
* The Wheel of Wealth improved - https://i.imgur.com/4Kehw7O.png
* A drinking contest you say? - https://i.imgur.com/bIV0kgc.png
* She's pretty good at Drinking - https://i.imgur.com/nRuV0BQ.png

WHAT'S NEXT

I still have a backlog of bug reports and feature suggestions to look into and then the next main focus will be reworking the games intro tutorial from being a wall of vaigue text to being a system a little more comprehensive and helpful.

Cheers

Huw

Warsim 0.8.1.3 (Defender Update, 118 features)

Hey everyone,

So this update is a special one and is almost entirely thanks to members of the Warsim community, chiefly Defender from Audiogames.net a community for blind or visually impaired gamers and one of Warsim's main longtime community strongholds. Defender had like many times in the past few years spent some time collecting a large list of bugs, errors, and suggestions from his playthroughs. The list was impressive and contained over 100 things and I've tried to clear through it all as best I can. Thanks Defender, and everyone who has helped make this game better!

SELF FIGHTING GOBLINS! (4 features)

After reading a bug report from Misery on steam mentioning some units hitting themselves instead of their opponents I found it hilarious, it's now a feature. Now the goblins of Uktak have a strange passtime! Self-fighting, who can beat themselves up for the longest?

Self fight steam link - https://steamcommunity.com/app/659540/discussions/0/2646378342130510349/

* Added ability to watch goblin self-fights in Uktak village (credit Misery)
* Added self-fights, brawls where the fighters hit themselves instead of their opponents
* Added pre-fight text for goblin self fight in Uktak
* Added post-fight screen for self fight survivor

MORE NAMES LORD? (2 features)

Can't ever have too many possible character names right? I checked for duplicates using a tool and added 21 new ones based on welsh and english names from the Anglo-Saxon period.

* Added 21 new human names (Geot, Godulf, Clydog, Rhain, Triffyn, Clotri, Aergol, etc)
* Removed 9 duplicate human names

I SEE ASCII! (5 features)

Thanks for bringing these to my attention Defender! Warsim's Ascii-less text only version for visually impaired players is mostly fine but Defender's identified a few bits of ascii that appear to have snuck through the filter and thus will be read aloud by screenreading software and annoy the hell out of the people playing. All fixed now!

* Fixed ascii art for Goblinwood berserkers not filtered by ascii blocker (credit Defender)
* Fixed ascii art for viewing wilderman saaroth camp not filtered by ascii blocker (credit Defender)
* Added Gro'lok's stump names visible when ascii is disabled (credit Defender)
* Fixed ascii art for general's new helmet creation screen not filtered by ascii blocker (credit Defender)
* Fixed ascii art for minor goblin clans visible when ascii is disabled (credit Defender)

DISCOVERING BAIAA (3 features)

I'm not going to spoil things too much for those who haven't found it yet but upon being reported a few bugs from Baiaa I ended up reworking the discovery screens and expanding them a bit.

* Reworked text for discovering the Baiaa (credit Defender)
* Added new screen with sfx for knight placing flag in newly discovered Baiaa door (credit Defender)
* Fixed text bug in attacking Baiaa text (credit Defender)

BLACKMARKET CAPTURE IMPROVEMENTS (4 features)

Defender pointed out there's no immediate feedback when capturing the Blackmarket and defeating the guards, now there are a few new screens!

* Fixed being allowed into the Blackmarket when asking why you're not
* Added new screen for capturing Blackmarket initially (credit Defender)
* Added new visible indicator of bandit level drop from defeating the Blackmarket
* Added new screen for flag being raised over the Blackmarket with Sfx

ROCK JUMPING IMPROVED (5 features)

Good and long overdue addition thanks for the suggestion Defender, I'd been meaning to do this a long time ago!

* Added dynamic sound system with 5 sounds for nomad rock jumping (credit Defender)
* Added sound effect for nomad falling to their death (credit Defender)
* Added notification for nomads losing a troop during a rock jumping match
* Fixed 6 text layout bugs with nomad rock jumping
* Fixed 20 grammar bugs with rock jumping texts

VASSAL RECRUITS IMPROVEMENTS (2 features)

It was pointed out by Defender that this text was showing 'You are sent 0 troops by VassalName' now it's been improved a bit.

* Added new text if vassal only sends a single unit
* Added new text if vassal cannot send any troops instead of just showing normal text with you are sent 0 troops (credit Defender)

MORE SOUND EFFECTS (5 features)

Can never have too many sound effects in game, now more areas that were devoid of sound have it!

* Added burning and screaming sounds to burning Rihhm Village down in a raid (credit Defender)
* Added burning and screaming sounds to burning Smallhaven Village down in a raid (credit Defender)
* Added sound effect to recruiting troops from Rihhm village (credit Defender)
* Added sound effect to recruiting goblin berserkers from Goblinwood
* Added new screen and sound effect for retreating from Baiaa after claiming you are there to conquer (credit Defender)

BUGFIXES (79 features)

This bulk of this update, tons of bugs and text bugs. Thanks Defender, u/legalrick2, and u/TheGamingDictator for your reports

* Fixed asking about Northwatch shows image of fort without your kingdoms banner on it
* Fixed recruiting in Darkdale only working one time and never again (credit Defender)
* Fixed Rihhm terraforming applaud sound effect never stopping if music is disabled (credit u/legalrick2)
* Fixed not being kicked out of diplomacy menu if diplomat is killed in diplomatic action (credit Defender)
* Fixed bandit seller in Thickblood tavern referring to his men as prisoners (credit Defender)
* Fixed getting a free drink from Gorbar the darkdale brewer incorrectly showing you text for drinking at a bar you own (credit Defender)
* Fixed missing text for ascii disabled archery competition missed text (credit Defender)
* Fixed incorrect 10% interest yearly rate shown in royal bank (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed east dock company income now included in total gold gained figured in income report (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed missing text when annexing a vassals army (credit Defender)
* Fixed typo in huntsman's rest question with goblinwood advisor (credit Defender)
* Fixed 2 text bugs in castle Ko'lok history (credit Defender)
* Fixed text bug in Gnat's meat shop (credit Defender)
* Fixed 3 text bugs in Golok's home cooking (credit Defender)
* Fixed 3 text bugs in Ngrek's Boneworks (credit Defender)
* Fixed 2 text bugs in Gkabs poisonarium (credit Defender)
* Fixed 3 text bugs in Goblinwood Leafburner's guild (credit Defender)
* Fixed text bug with Klethus the guildmaster of the Goblinwood Leafburner's guild (credit Defender)
* Fixed Goblinwood crier text bug (credit Defender)
* Fixed Goblinwood Guard tower text bug (credit Defender)
* Fixed 3 text bugs in goblinwood drum school (credit Defender)
* Fixed 2 text bugs in Goblinwood drum school master text (credit Defender)
* Fixed missing text for Rusty Dagger brawl breakup text (credit Defender)
* Fixed text bug in Goblinwood king's 500 gold pledge to the poor (credit Defender)
* Fixed text bug in goblinwood drinking comp tray carrying text (credit Defender)
* Fixed 3 text bugs with hiring mercs from Goblinwood (credit Defender)
* Fixed text bug in Nairo party intro to Myck (credit Defender)
* Fixed drink spill event at Nairo's party text bug (credit Defender)
* Fixed text bug on no recruits remaining option in Darkdale folk district (credit Defender)
* Fixed incorrect text for hiring single unit from Goblinwood
* Fixed text bug in market favour fading event (credit Defender)
* Fixed Rihhm elder belltower question text bug (credit Defender)
* Fixed Rihhm belltower text bug (credit Defender)
* Fixed text bugs from converting bandits to soldiers (credit Defender)
* Fixed 3 text bugs in holy order of the roses (credit Defender)
* Fixed discraced text bug in bandit horde elite unit (credit Defender)
* Fixed 3 text bugs in rehabilitation law screens (credit Defender)
* Fixed 2 text bugs in leafburner's guild in Huntsmans rest (credit Defender)
* Fixed text bug in leafburner's guild main screen (credit Defender)
* Fixed grammar bug in archery comp huntsmans rest intro text (credit Defender)
* Fixed lone arrow tavern plaque text bug (credit Defender)
* Fixed 2 text bugs in trade post for huntsmans rest leader (credit Defender)
* Fixed 2 text bugs in fletcher's shop (credit Defender)
* Fixed 2 bugs with Jester's son throne room encounter referring to the player as 'lord' instead of custom lordly title (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed insane mode intro text grammar bug (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed 4 text bugs in slavers fort history text (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed small house marked x option tag in Blackmarket
* Fixed text bug with dialogue when asking moneygrubber bandit leader what his bandits do (credit Defender)
* Fixed text bug in ice watch tavern (credit Defender)
* Fixed text bug in Ice watch tavern owner intro text (credit Defender)
* Fixed and rewrote 'How do you exist' dialogue with Ice watch tavern owner (credit Defender)
* Fixed text bug in Ice watch keep wild north question (credit Defender)
* Fixed text bug with bank loan inquiry screen (credit Defender)
* Fixed 4 text and spacing bugs in slavers fort destruction text (credit Defender)
* Fixed demonic carving text bug (credit Defender)
* Fixed text bug with Galbak the grunter (credit Defender)
* Fixed 'Visit the speak to the Bearfolk elder' text bug (credit Defender)
* Fixed text bug with Shaian Bayside Habourmaster question about Shaian (credit Defender)
* Fixed text bug when looking at Shaian Pearl Wall (credit Defender)
* Fixed text bug in Shaian armoury intro text (credit Defender)
* Fixed text bug when asking Shaian armourer about the city (credit Defender)
* Fixed text bug in Shaian merc post description (credit Defender)
* Fixed text bug in Shaian mage tower death room (credit Defender)
* Fixed text bug when talking to the man in the master room of Shaian (credit Defender)
* Fixed text bug in Kullak book in hall of coastal history (credit Defender)
* Fixed text bug in Great wall book in hall of coastal history (credit Defender)
* Fixed 3 text bugs and reworked text of The swamplands book in hall of coastal history (credit Defender)
* Fixed 2 text bugs in Pirate wars book in the hall of coastal history (credit Defender)
* Fixed 8 text bugs in Strange statue in the swamp (credit Defender)
* Fixed 5 issues with the variant strange swamp statue text layouts (credit Defender)
* Fixed 2 text bugs with Golden Lilypad tavern bartender intro text (credit Defender)
* Fixed text bug when choosing a cup in Daplogk's cup game (credit Defender)
* Fixed text bug when finding warriors for hire when exploring (credit Defender)
* Fixed text bug when finding peasants for hire when exploring (credit Defender)
* Fixed text bug in jungle temple intro text (credit Defender)
* Fixed text bug when watchtower is build in slums during slum upgrade (credit Defender)
* Fixed text bug in intro to swampy cup game in Shaian (credit Defender)
* Fixed text bug in intro screen for minor goblin clans
* Fixed text bug in intro to militia screen

EVERYTHING ELSE (9 features)

There are a few different things in here that I couldn't fit in any other category but some good changes here!

* Increased starting gold for Fort Gorthmek treasury by 10x (credit Defender)
* Added ability to ask to send no more champions instead of having to manually say no to sending each champion to combat when choosing your own army (Credit Defender)
* Added -1 Bandit level for defeating the Bandit Garrison of the Animal fight pit (credit Defender)
* Added new indicator of how many independent units you already have when buying new one from independent kingdoms (credit Defender)
* Removed puking during drinking competitions helping you win
* Rewrote goblinwood drum school intro text (credit Defender)
* Rewrote description for Golok's home cooking main screen (credit Defender)
* Rewrote Poisonarium poison descriptions (credit Defender)
* Added u/Aethyrsix in credits for making the first Satyr face (credit u/TheGamingDictator)

SCREENSHOTS

* The start of a self-fight in Uktak - https://i.imgur.com/zdJAKg5.png
* The fight is underway! - https://i.imgur.com/IioLA1z.png
* The goblin known as Snuggirt of the Ancient Isle wins! - https://i.imgur.com/BzQAEdL.png
* Capturing the Blackmarket - https://i.imgur.com/iIzRc8L.png
* Up goes the flag - https://i.imgur.com/FcJiUgP.png
* Choosing if you want to send heroes into battle - https://i.imgur.com/GO6zNy1.png
* Fleeing from Baiaa - https://i.imgur.com/em7kjpN.png

WHAT'S NEXT

I was planning on reworking the games tutorial but got caught up in this bugfixing and feature list, I'm hoping while continuing to clear through backlog reports I can rework the tutorial.

Cheers

Huw

Back
Top Bottom