VtM: Bloodlines 2 - Announced

“It was very of its time,” Ellison said of the first game. “It approached certain topics differently. How we look at stuff has matured since then.”
“It’s fifteen years later and things have changed,” Mitsoda said. “We have to be very sensitive about how we handle things like mental illness and that was a concern for us and for Paradox, in how we can make a mature story but if we do anything, we do our homework and make sure that we are punching up and not punching down.”
“We talk about these issues constantly,” Ellison added. “Because we care about including people, we want them to feel powerful and sexy, and we don’t want them to feel like it’s not for them.”

So we can probably expect ""sexy"" pink haired, overweight female vampires with noserings, and of course, the male counterpart will still be the super sexy kind (anything else would not make any kind of sense to these people..)

I couldn't perhaps really care less about looks or sexual orientations, but by the sound of it they are limiting themselves in numerous ways to not "offend". It just doesn't sound like a lot of fun to me. You can't create games or movies like that, worrying about it like there's no tomorrow "we speak about it constantly!". I hope i'm wrong though, but when they go out and explicitly state that it's "a political game" and they're gonna be sure to show us what THEY think is right and wrong politically, then it's probably a cause for concern.
I think it is reasonable to be careful with sensitive subjects so that that game itself doesn't become racist/sexist/whatever.

I do hope they include sensitive and difficult subjects within the game, however, since it is part of a believable game world.

Modding on day one? That's cool! I am however a little skeptical about lots of dlc for a story focused game. It is story focused, right?

The only DLCs currently announced are 2 story packs, an expansion (all 3 via the season pass) and free clans additions (which should come with exclusive dialogues options on top of more Disciplines/skills depending on the clan).

The only DLCs currently announced are 2 story packs, an expansion (all 3 via the season pass) and free clans additions (which should come with exclusive dialogues options on top of more Disciplines/skills depending on the clan).
Alright, cool. That sounds reasonable.

Announced for now at least.:biggrin:

No preorder for me. It's a game about monsters in disguise, not 2019 politics...

No preorder for me. It's a game about monsters in disguise, not 2019 politics…

It's a game about vampire politics, like the previous game was and the tabletop is.

If you have a problem about people arguing over tech progress (Anarch) and traditional values (Camarilla0 or if art should be art (Toreador) instead of being done to make money (everyone else I guess), don't play the game. It's as easy as that.

Oh wait, you expect it to be about some other politics?

I think I was very clear about it. I want a sequel to the original not an adaptation to the 2019 politics (sjw/inclusion/whatever name the new shit is about in the cozy USA) like they did with the BFV.
As I said I will not preorder it and after I see what review say about it I will buy it.
I know my options, thank you very much.

I think I was very clear about it. I want a sequel to the original not an adaptation to the 2019 politics (sjw/inclusion/whatever name the new shit is about in the cozy USA) like they did with the BFV.
As I said I will not preorder it and after I see what review say about it I will buy it.
I know my options, thank you very much.

What I wrote in my post is what the politics is going to be about in Bloodlines 2, it was the subject of the interview where the "it is a political game" quote comes from. There was zero mention of "sjw/inclusion/whatever name the shit is about in the cozy USA" in that interview.

Some people are blowing the quote out of proportion because being clueless seems to be the prevalent state of the internet.

You have the right to not pre-order though, nobody is forcing you.

I hope you are right. But I will keep my skepticism.

New interview (posted today, written).

Talks a lots about the setting and story basis…also what it means to be a vampire. Downside, the interviewer is clueless about the setting, so the intro is meh.

Back
Top Bottom