Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance - Coming to PC - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance - Coming to PC

Default Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance - Coming to PC

May 7th, 2021, 19:32
Thirty quid. Lol.
--
"I cannot define the real problem, therefore I suspect there's no real problem, but I'm not sure there's no real problem."
Richard Feynman

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)

May 7th, 2021, 22:46
Wizards of the Coast has both the D&D and Magic: The Gathering licenses, and on their stream yesterday to announce upcoming products (the next 4-per-year Magic set to be released will for the first time have a strong D&D crossover) they really hyped up this game BGA.

I played this when I had a console many years ago, though not within a few years of release, and it was a mostly boring hack and slash.

NFLed

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

May 8th, 2021, 12:48
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Damn $29.99 for a twenty year old game with minimal work to port it. I didn't even know Interplay Entertainment and developer Black Isle Studios were still in business either.
I paid 50 EUR for each PS2 sealed several years ago. Now they are probably in a 100 EUR range.

Dark Savant

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

May 8th, 2021, 12:56
Originally Posted by Dark Savant View Post
I paid 50 EUR for each PS2 sealed several years ago. Now they are probably in a 100 EUR range.
I'd call you crazy. Much easier to download a Rom version and an emulator for free. Still yeah I sold most of my PS1 & 2 RPG's a few years back and made a nice profit.
--
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." & "What is the secret to eternal happiness? To not argue with fools."
Last edited by Couchpotato; May 8th, 2021 at 13:09. Reason: Two and's one removed

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

Mentioned: 122 Post(s)

May 8th, 2021, 13:42
Yeah, but that's for their value as collectors' items. Charging 30 for a download of a tweaked PS2 game today is a joke.
--
"I cannot define the real problem, therefore I suspect there's no real problem, but I'm not sure there's no real problem."
Richard Feynman

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)

May 8th, 2021, 14:29
I sold not long ago a pristine sealed Legend of Dragoon for the original Playstation for 250. I really wanted to keep it but I had to move and my new place didn't have a "storage room" where to keep all that kind of stuff. Bittersweet feelings!

Nereida

Mentioned: Post(s)

May 8th, 2021, 15:18
I came here to post about this after seeing that the Switch version was supposed to be released yesterday (was delayed a few day due to 'unexpected issues' with the Devs blaming the Nintendo store, um, yeah sure …)

I was going to insta-buy - I had fun with the GBA version way back then, it was actually even more limited but for the platform it was good fun.

But at $30? I mean, Jedi Knight II was released at $10, Jedi Academy and Republic Commando at $15 … so yeah, I would do up to $20 maybe, but $30 is way out of whack. (and also, total NOPE to more than $5.99 for the PC version!)
--
-- Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

May 8th, 2021, 18:17
Remember how well those collector sets used to sell at the computer stores? They also marketed them at fairly decent prices, from what I recall.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance - Coming to PC